By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do we (customer) really want Zelda Wii U on NX?

Do YOU want Zelda Wii U being on NX

Yes, I want it, because... 274 55.58%

No, I dont want it, because... 144 29.21%

Results 75 15.21%

Total:493

Yes, it'll make Nintendo more money in the long run and I'll still get it on Wii U. Why are Nintendo fans being so fussy about this? It helps Nintendo and you get what you want. You don't HAVE to get the NX version if there is one. If it is released on 2 platforms, it'll reach more customers. Zelda TP sold just shy of 9 Million units between the Wii and GC ports. It's the best selling Zelda game to date. I would want Nintendo to do the same with Wii U and NX.

Around the Network
JNK said:
Miyamotoo said:

-People dont want to buy Wii U thats a fact, you have sale numbers like a proff.  I dont know do you remamber Wii U first year, evre time when Wii U was mentioned was in negative way, nobady wanted Wii U, nobady cared about Wii U, espacily with coming of PS4/X1. For mass market Wii U died after 1st year. You can see even here on this thread some people saying dont have Wii U and dont have plans to buy one, but with Zelda U port NX they will probably buy NX.

-Yes, but they have clue about product perception, about what is popular, what people are talking about.

-BTW, NSMBU made huge damage to to Wii U launch, because basically was HD NSMB from Wii, it wasnt enuf that people thought that Wii U is some sort of Wii addon, but they now see same game that was released 3 years later just in HD. 2D Mario game espacily NSMBU defiantly wasnt good game for launch, Wii Sports and Zelda TP were incomparible stronger launch titles than Nintendo Land and NSMBU, saying that very posible 3D Mario game and Zelda U port will be very strong launch titles for NX.

in the first month the wii u sold incredible well. had a better start then the wii if i remember right.

Then the problems started. The problem is, not dozens of millions of people are interested in nintendo games. And thats the only reason to buy the wii u. Sure the franchises are popular, but games like cod and fifa already are more popular in many regions.

Wii U actually has very solid launch (it sold around 3m at launch), because hard core fans buyed console on launch despite bad launch titles. Sales problems star right after launch in January, beacuse hard core fans already bouth console while huge majority of potential buyers waited for actual games, and Wii U in next two quarters from January to June sold only around 300k world wide. That was terrible, 3rd party start abandoning platform immediately while Nintendo acting like everything is OK and saying one game will change anything, alluding on Mario 3D World with November launch, but already was too late.

Like I wrote, weak launch and 1st year titles, and software drouths are just part of Wii U problems, Wii U marketing and branding was terrible, lotsa people thought Wii U is some kind of addon for Wii, also Nintendo thouth gamepad and Nintendo Land will have similar effect like Motion Controls and Wii Sports, they were wrong, gamepad was unapiling, Wii U also had high price much higher than PS3/Xbox360 while 3rd party games worked and played better on those cheaper platforms, so we had higher price console but with worse performance and graphics, also Nintendo invest huge ammont effort in order to save 3DS and that very affected Wii U launch and first year...all that lead to terible sales that lead to 3rd party abonding Wii U in first year, so just after one year on market Wii U was dead.

Fight-the-Streets said:
Nintendo Wii U was a failure - get ower it! It's rediculous if people claim to have a right as Nintendo Wii U-owners that "their" console has to be supported for x-years and they have the right for certain exclusives. 

Sure. Thats what every single wii u owner deserves, scince they paid 300+ bucks to nintendo for that console. The Xbox 360 costs the same, but got 20x as many great games and 10 years support.

If Nintendo dont satisfy their customers first, befor releasing the next product, they will follow sega very soon.

Sony did it right. Invest much money in the ps3, take big losses, but profit alot from it with the ps4.

Miyamotoo said:

Wii U actually has very solid launch (it sold around 3m at launch), because hard core fans buyed console on launch despite bad launch titles. Sales problems star right after launch in January, beacuse hard core fans already bouth console while huge majority of potential buyers waited for actual games, and Wii U in next two quarters from January to June sold only around 300k world wide. That was terrible, 3rd party start abandoning platform immediately while Nintendo acting like everything is OK and saying one game will change anything, alluding on Mario 3D World with November launch, but already was too late.

Like I wrote, weak launch and 1st year titles, and software drouths are just part of Wii U problems, Wii U marketing and branding was terrible, lotsa people thought Wii U is some kind of addon for Wii, also Nintendo thouth gamepad and Nintendo Land will have similar effect like Motion Controls and Wii Sports, they were wrong, gamepad was unapiling, Wii U also had high price much higher than PS3/Xbox360 while 3rd party games worked and played better on those cheaper platforms, so we had higher price console but with worse performance and graphics, also Nintendo invest huge ammont effort in order to save 3DS and that very affected Wii U launch and first year...all that lead to terible sales that lead to 3rd party abonding Wii U in first year, so just after one year on market Wii U was dead.

Nope. The Wii U failed because it was like the gamecube. It didnt had the popular gimmick the Wii had. Thats the only reason,

Look at Sales from Nintendo plattforms.

From Snes to n64 to Gamecube to Wii U (skip wii because only reason of sucess was motion controls).

Sales decreased and decreased. The reason is, many people are not interested in Nintendos games at all and the competition just have a way better lineup (because of third party support).

Even with Zelda Wii U, Metroid Prime NX and Mario 3D NX and Fzero_NX; the nx couldnt even compete against the ps4 holiday 2016 (Final Fantasy 15, NiER, The Last Guardian, Horizon Zero Dawn, Call of Duty, Fifa and games like GTA, Elder Scrolls/Fallout and Witcher that are already released.

I want Zelda U on the wii u, and if possible, I want it on NX as well with better graphics.
I know it takes time to port a game, but they have delayed the game for a year, what if their plan was to port it and say they needed more time to create the best game ever? What if the game they had in mind, was actually the NX version?
Honestly, I wouldn´t mind if they just release it for the wii. I just f*cking want to play it!

Around the Network
Fight-the-Streets said:
Nintendo Wii U was a failure - get ower it! It's rediculous if people claim to have a right as Nintendo Wii U-owners that "their" console has to be supported for x-years and they have the right for certain exclusives. A bad product has always its backlashes, that's unavoidable. Nintendo always want to do something different, something unique. They're innovative. Such a philosophy bears risks but thank God they take it. The games industry would be so much more boring without Nintendo!

People always point at Sega and their failure in not supporting their consoles and add-ons long enough and warn now that Nintendo will fall likewise if they stop supporting the Nintendo Wii U after NX release in Q4 2016. This is a stupid comparison because Sega did so many mistakes in a row: 32X failed, oh! let's bring CD, failure, oh! let's bring Saturn, failure, oh! then let's bring Dreamcast asap, oh! failure again and oh! we don't have any money on the banks left, let's go 3rd party and fail again but at least we will survive somehow. The amount of failure Sega did is really for the records and should be studied in any business school to learn how not to do business.

If Nintendo releases a console they have the responsability for a certain level of support. This includes an exclusive Zelda, since every single Nintendo console before it, got one. If they aren't willing to bleed billions when making a big mistake then they should be more careful when taking risks.

Oh and just because a company makes risks does not mean that they can be forgiven when they make such a piece of crap like the Wii U. The Wii U is as least as big of a failure as everything bad Sega did, combined. It's almost as bad as the Virtual Boy. Not one of Sega's failures was as bad as the Wii U. The management was idiotic, yes, but nothing as bad as whoever was involved in the development of the Wii U. The Gamepad should have been ditched on 2009 when the iPad was revealed, period. Everybody knew the gimmick was stupid the moment the Wii U was released. It was that bad. They should have made a Wii with PS4 specs instead. If Nintendo doesn't know when a gimmick is just plain stupid then they should just copy Sony and Microsoft (properly) and stop trying to be different. 

Magnus said:

The Wii U is as least as big of a failure as everything bad Sega did, combined. It's almost as bad as the Virtual Boy. Not one of Sega's failures was as bad as the Wii U. T

Let's not get carried away. Wii U has already outsold both the Dreamcast and the Saturn, and sold more than 15 times as many units as the Virtual Boy.

Miyamotoo said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
If it comes out on the NX is a clear sign the support for the Wii U is coming to an end. That which is secondary behind the fact that the NX is coming out. I dont even know why people defend Nintendo these days.

Clear sign that support for Wii U is coming to end was last E3.

Lack of third party for the primary console was all that E3 really showed us. The exclusives were strong but straggling in number just like the year before. Reading reports that devs had their hands on NX tech late last year was the sign that with 2016 the ship will have sailed. All Nintendo had to do was just say it. Hearing a Nintendo official say they wont turn their back on the Wii U was the last nail in the coffin that confirmed the rumors. We knew from that point that it was only common sense why Zelda U got pushed back. They were optimizing the game for the next console. Growing up being fans of the gaming industry things dont become so hard to see. All we need are the steps that lead to the great change.

What Nintendos downfall over the years as really showed us is that the mass majority of gamers only really care about third parties. Exclusives create the divide of loyalty so everyone can make their primary and secondary choices as to what they will use (if they dont own multiple console).Microsoft created the third choice.

Primary points of contemplation before purchase.

1) Exclusives
2) Online/Media/interface
3) Friends

Lastly, Nintendo needs to understand that the age of Mario being the main reason to purchase a console are dying. The 80's and 90's were the era of gimmicks and characters. Most kids want mature games and COD today and are mostly desensitived compared to past decades. NIntendo will need to learn just like Disney (Who has a similar focus on women and children) did that they need change their objectives to building a larger base for profit, which is gaining access to the western action market. Theres a reason why Disney bought Star Wars and Marvel. Disney is getting with the program and Nintendo need to follow suit.

In the end its not about whether we want the Wii Zelda U on the NX, its more about Nintendo can do to salvage what they've lost. The very reason everytime I thought I found a deal breaker for the Wii U, I found a reason not to buy it. This will be the my second generation not owning a Nintendo console. Hopefully at E3 Nintendo gives me a reason.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Miyamotoo said:

Clear sign that support for Wii U is coming to end was last E3.

Lack of third party for the primary console was all that E3 really showed us. The exclusives were strong but straggling in number just like the year before. Reading reports that devs had their hands on NX tech late last year was the sign that with 2016 the ship will have sailed. All Nintendo had to do was just say it. Hearing a Nintendo official say they wont turn their back on the Wii U was the last nail in the coffin that confirmed the rumors. We knew from that point that it was only common sense why Zelda U got pushed back. They were optimizing the game for the next console. Growing up being fans of the gaming industry things dont become so hard to see. All we need are the steps that lead to the great change.

E3 showed us that Nintendo dont have new big projects in development for Wii U and that they are focused on NX.