By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do we (customer) really want Zelda Wii U on NX?

Do YOU want Zelda Wii U being on NX

Yes, I want it, because... 274 55.58%

No, I dont want it, because... 144 29.21%

Results 75 15.21%

Total:493
JNK said:
Miyamotoo said:

Wii U actually has very solid launch (it sold around 3m at launch), because hard core fans buyed console on launch despite bad launch titles. Sales problems star right after launch in January, beacuse hard core fans already bouth console while huge majority of potential buyers waited for actual games, and Wii U in next two quarters from January to June sold only around 300k world wide. That was terrible, 3rd party start abandoning platform immediately while Nintendo acting like everything is OK and saying one game will change anything, alluding on Mario 3D World with November launch, but already was too late.

Like I wrote, weak launch and 1st year titles, and software drouths are just part of Wii U problems, Wii U marketing and branding was terrible, lotsa people thought Wii U is some kind of addon for Wii, also Nintendo thouth gamepad and Nintendo Land will have similar effect like Motion Controls and Wii Sports, they were wrong, gamepad was unapiling, Wii U also had high price much higher than PS3/Xbox360 while 3rd party games worked and played better on those cheaper platforms, so we had higher price console but with worse performance and graphics, also Nintendo invest huge ammont effort in order to save 3DS and that very affected Wii U launch and first year...all that lead to terible sales that lead to 3rd party abonding Wii U in first year, so just after one year on market Wii U was dead.

Nope. The Wii U failed because it was like the gamecube. It didnt had the popular gimmick the Wii had. Thats the only reason,

Look at Sales from Nintendo plattforms.

From Snes to n64 to Gamecube to Wii U (skip wii because only reason of sucess was motion controls).

Sales decreased and decreased. The reason is, many people are not interested in Nintendos games at all and the competition just have a way better lineup (because of third party support).

Even with Zelda Wii U, Metroid Prime NX and Mario 3D NX and Fzero_NX; the nx couldnt even compete against the ps4 holiday 2016 (Final Fantasy 15, NiER, The Last Guardian, Horizon Zero Dawn, Call of Duty, Fifa and games like GTA, Elder Scrolls/Fallout and Witcher that are already released.

You are in delusion if you think Wii U failed only because gamepad wasn't popular.

There is a reason why Wii U will be worst selling Nintendo console, that's because Nintendo made bloody mess with Wii U, all those mistakes combine effect that Wii U have such a terrible sales not just one single mistake, like I wrote: terrible and misunderstood marketing and name of console, unappealing and unused gamepad, bad timing, high price of console in comparison with competition, weak launch and 1st year title, software droughts, Nintendo invest huge effort in saving 3DS in time they need to prepare launch of Wii U...all that lead to terible sales and terible sales lead to 3rd party completly abonding console in 1st year, at end Wii U becoming worst selling Nintendo console.

I dont think NX need to compete with PS4, but definitely will be much more desirable product than Wii U was, because Nintendo will not repeat most of mistakes they made with Wii U. For instance you can bet they will have much good and much better marketing, they will have great launch and 1st year titles, they will not have software drouth like before because of unified platform, they will have more affordable price point, they will have better gimmick than Wii U had (only unified platform and cross play is much better gimmick than Wii U gamepad), they will probably have similar power and arhitecture like X1/PS4 and that means easy and fast multiplatform ports from X1/PS4.

Around the Network

It is the only chance for the NX to become a success.

etking said:
It is the only chance for the NX to become a success.

Its not only chance, but with Zelda U on NX like launch title definatly chanches are higher that NX will be a success.

Also sales of game itself will be much higher with NX port, than just on platform that will have successor in near future.

Miyamotoo said:

You are in delusion if you think Wii U failed only because gamepad wasn't popular.

There is a reason why Wii U will be worst selling Nintendo console, that's because Nintendo made bloody mess with Wii U, all those mistakes combine effect that Wii U have such a terrible sales not just one single mistake, like I wrote: terrible and misunderstood marketing and name of console, unappealing and unused gamepad, bad timing, high price of console in comparison with competition, weak launch and 1st year title, software droughts, Nintendo invest huge effort in saving 3DS in time they need to prepare launch of Wii U...all that lead to terible sales and terible sales lead to 3rd party completly abonding console in 1st year, at end Wii U becoming worst selling Nintendo console.

I dont think NX need to compete with PS4, but definitely will be much more desirable product than Wii U was, because Nintendo will not repeat most of mistakes they made with Wii U. For instance you can bet they will have much good and much better marketing, they will have great launch and 1st year titles, they will not have software drouth like before because of unified platform, they will have more affordable price point, they will have better gimmick than Wii U had (only unified platform and cross play is much better gimmick than Wii U gamepad), they will probably have similar power and arhitecture like X1/PS4 and that means easy and fast multiplatform ports from X1/PS4.

You need to reconsider your comcepts of mistakes.

Miyamotoo said:
JNK said:

I think the wii u version is priority number 1. We dont even know about an NX version. Its just possible. So saying wii u version is not number 1 when its maybe the only version is ridicoules.

And YES. Wind Waker HD was time wasting as well (cost 6 month). But at least they improved the game alot visually and also some of the gameplay. Zelda Wii U would most likely be a straight port if it gets ported to NX.

WW HD waste of time!? You really don't know nothing, they decided to make WW HD after experimenting with visuals for Zelda U, they also said they used WW HD project like test ground project for Zelda U and all thing they learned they will use in Zelda U. Also they made WW HD in 6 months and game currently has sold 1.7m, so they made profit on that project and in same time was very helpful for Zelda team, no to mentone we got game when Wii U had huge software drouth.

So WW HD wasnt waste of time in any case.

Stop. You are the one that doesn't know anything in regars of the Zelda dev cycle. You always with your baseless arguments when I and other have been proved you wrong all the time.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
Pavolink said:
Miyamotoo said:

WW HD waste of time!? You really don't know nothing, they decided to make WW HD after experimenting with visuals for Zelda U, they also said they used WW HD project like test ground project for Zelda U and all thing they learned they will use in Zelda U. Also they made WW HD in 6 months and game currently has sold 1.7m, so they made profit on that project and in same time was very helpful for Zelda team, no to mentone we got game when Wii U had huge software drouth.

So WW HD wasnt waste of time in any case.

Stop. You are the one that doesn't know anything in regars of the Zelda dev cycle. You always with your baseless arguments when I and other have been proved you wrong all the time.

Stop!? With what, what I wrote that isnt true!?

"My baseless arguments and you and other have been proved me wrong all the time".  You really have very strong imagination when you claim something like that. :)

You are one that always ranting all time totally ignoring facts.

What your really asking is, if we really want to put petroleum into our diesel car? I think what you mean is, "Do we really want the next Zelda game on NX?

Yes, I would like to see the next Zelda as a cross-platform Wii U/NX game. It's the only logical move for Nintendo.

It's going to be a great game, It should be released to as many people as possible, if that means porting it to NX, port it to NX

Miyamotoo said:

If the Wii U would had another name it would had sold the same or even worse. But you would know tell me "the new name was a horrible mistake, 100mio users owned a wii and the brand was extremly popular, nintendo should had kept it like playstation and xbox did".

The console is selling bad because of decreasing interest in nintendos home console games.