By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do we (customer) really want Zelda Wii U on NX?

Do YOU want Zelda Wii U being on NX

Yes, I want it, because... 274 55.58%

No, I dont want it, because... 144 29.21%

Results 75 15.21%

Total:493
Miyamotoo said:

Again weak arguments, because none of those games were not launch titles, only launch title we had and basically same situation in which Zelda U is, is TP but you just keep ignoring that.

Its nothing like TP and you dont have any facts either.

TP was on wii and had a horrible 7% attachment rate. It only moved 7mio copies because of the wii´s sucess. There are 15 games on wii that sold better, some that sold double, tripple or 4-times as many units. that is a FACT that TP nor Zelda is a big console mover at all. And thats the ONLY fact here, evrything you stated as facts (like several millions zelda u sales on NX) is prediction at best lol.

All recenltly released home console zelda games (Skyward Sword, Windwaker HD, Hyrule Warriors) sold bad. And it doesnt make any differnece when the game launches. Do you really think zelda games can only be a success when they are launch titles? WTF. Dozens of other gamers (like already mentioned GTA V or even Splatoon) prooved that it doesnt matter when the games are launched. Thats a fact again.

And a POLL isnt even a fact either.

See this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fact

Around the Network
JNK said:

Miyamotoo said:

I wrote you several time but just keep ignoring that, core gamers both Wii because of Twilight Princes while casuals both Wii because motion controls and Wii Sports. 

Yeah you keep saying this but you still doesnt have anything to back up your OPINION.

If 7+ million CORE GAMER bought a wii because of Twilight Princess, why didnt ANY other core game sold similar? All Wii games in the top 50 beside Zelda are casual games. The next core game might be Call of duty 3 (2,25 mio sold; rank 56) or Residen Evil 4 (2,24 mio sold units; rank 57). Thats the core gamers on the wii. Twilight Princess was bought by a huge casual audience, just because of the suces of the wii. 50-70% of the Twilight Princess Wii owners probl never finished the game at all.

The only reason TP sold great was because the wii in general sold great and people just bought some games for it (like Zelda).

Miyamotoo said:

Core gamers will buy NX because of Zelda U while more casual gamers will buy because 3D Mario game or some other game. You also ignoring fact that Zelda U port on NX will sell several millions copies of game on NX alone.

The "FACT" ? Wtf? Your from the future? lets talk again next year about the "several millions copies of Zelda U on NX". It might sell 1-2, at best 3 mio if NX is a tradional console. And thats not a fact lol, it snot even a fact yet that Zelda will be on NX nor that NX will launch 2016.

Your stating things you imagine as facts, that the big problem here.

Miyamotoo said:

All come to this, new 3D Zelda is huge thing, and now we will have first HD, true open biggest world ever Zelda game that will be launch title on new platform, so definatly will have strong effect and definatly will help NX, also port of Zelda U on NX will sell milions of copies of game. This are facts, but you can still deny them buy some arguments and comparisons that doesn't have any sense.

All your imagined facts?

Wii Sports game is casual game and Zelda TP is core game, casual gamers buy casual games, core gamers buy core games. Simple fact.

Why CoD sell so much worse than Zelda on Nintendo console!? Because in most cases Nintendo owners dont care about multiplatform games, they care about Nintendo exclusive games. I really dont see how you can compare CoD sales and Zelda sales on Nintendo platform. Yet, another comparison without any sense. 

Again not all people bought Wii because motion controls, you have lots a people and especially Nintendo fans who bought Wii to play Zelda TP not Wii Sports.

OK, lets say Zelda U on NX will sell just 1-2m (but thats very low estimate because even Zelda WW HD on Wii U will end up around 2m, so I dont see how can new Zelda game like launch title sell less than 3m in any case), even with only 2m sold copies that means around $100m profit for Nintendo on NX version alone.

"All come to this, new 3D Zelda is huge thing, and now we will have first HD, true open biggest world ever Zelda game that will be launch title on new platform, so definitely will have strong effect and definitely will help NX, also port of Zelda U on NX will sell millions of copies of game."

This is clear like day, you are probably only on this thread who think otherwise.

JNK said:
Miyamotoo said:

Again weak arguments, because none of those games were not launch titles, only launch title we had and basically same situation in which Zelda U is, is TP but you just keep ignoring that.

Its nothing like TP and you dont have any facts either.

TP was on wii and had a horrible 7% attachment rate. It only moved 7mio copies because of the wii´s sucess. There are 15 games on wii that sold better, some that sold double, tripple or 4-times as many units. that is a FACT that TP nor Zelda is a big console mover at all. And thats the ONLY fact here, evrything you stated as facts (like several millions zelda u sales on NX) is prediction at best lol.

All recenltly released home console zelda games (Skyward Sword, Windwaker HD, Hyrule Warriors) sold bad. And it doesnt make any differnece when the game launches. Do you really think zelda games can only be a success when they are launch titles? WTF. Dozens of other gamers (like already mentioned GTA V or even Splatoon) prooved that it doesnt matter when the games are launched. Thats a fact again.

And a POLL isnt even a fact either.

Its same like TP, but you keep denying that. New 3D Zelda game coming at end of console life that will be released in same year in which new hardware is launching.

Most of those games from list best selling Wii games that are above TP are casual games with mass appealing, Zelda was never casual game. Fact.

None of those games you mention sold bad. SS sold 4m I dont know in which universe 4m is bad. WW HD sold 1.7m till now, I really don't see how you can say that's bad for remaster on platform with small user base. Zelda spinoff (not real Zelda game), Hyrule Warriors sold 1.3m till now, not bad at all for spinoff on platform with small user base.

No I dont think Zelda game could sell good only like launch titles, but fact is that last 3 3D Zelda games that are launched at end of console life prove that they selling worse, MM sold much worse than OoT, TP GC sold much worse than WW and SS sold much worse than TP Wii. So Zelda games that are launching at end of console life are not selling too good. And again, game of new 3D Zelda caliber like launch title definitely will have strong effect on sales of that platform.

Miyamotoo said:

Wii Sports game is casual game and Zelda TP is core game, casual gamers buy casual games, core gamers buy core games. Simple fact.

Thats again not a fact. There are also hardcore gamer who bought Wii Sports or Mario Kart. Like their a casuals who bought TP. 

Miyamotoo said:

Why CoD sell so much worse than Zelda on Nintendo console!? Because in most cases Nintendo owners dont care about multiplatform games, they care about Nintendo exclusive games. I really dont see how you can compare CoD sales and Zelda sales on Nintendo platform. Yet, another comparison without any sense. 

Alright, swap COD with Metroid Prime 3.

Miyamotoo said:

OK, lets say Zelda U on NX will sell just 1-2m (but thats very low estimate because even Zelda WW HD on Wii U will end up around 2m, so I dont see how can new Zelda game like launch title sell less than 3m in any case), even with only 2m sold copies that means around $100m profit for Nintendo on NX version alone.

Because Zelda U is a wii u game and will be sold on wii u as well. So it will probl be 2 mio sales on wii u + 2 mio sales on NX (=Skyward Sword sales = 4mio zelda fans).

Nintendo is not getting 50$ per game LOL.

20% taxes

20% to the vendor

10% transport / packaging

Like I already said so often, there are enough other games that could be ported or devleoped that would sell the same or even better. If Nintendo is only going for sales, Xenoblade Chronicles X wouldnt exist. They would make a very similar game called Pokemon instead (same world, similar monsters/pokemon, ability to fly charizard instead of mechs). Sales would increase HEAVILY, much more then zelda u would sell on NX.

Miyamotoo said:

"All come to this, new 3D Zelda is huge thing, and now we will have first HD, true open biggest world ever Zelda game that will be launch title on new platform, so definitely will have strong effect and definitely will help NX, also port of Zelda U on NX will sell millions of copies of game."

This is clear like day, you are probably only on this thread who think otherwise.

Really? So what about the other 143 people who voted no?

Miyamotoo said:

Its same like TP, but you keep denying that. New 3D Zelda game coming at end of console life that will be released in same year in which new hardware is launching.

Lol you dont get it. The only reason the Wii was a sucess was because of motion controls. otherhwise it would had sell even worse then the gamecube, no matter if zelda was launch title or not.

You can say the SAME about every wii launch game. Again, if Twilight Princess made core gamers to buy a wii, why didnt sold metroid prime 3 so well?

Miyamotoo said:

Most of those games from list best selling Wii games that are above TP are casual games with mass appealing, Zelda was never casual game. Fact.

Thats right. On Nintendo plattforms ONLY casual games do sell well and move consoles. You finally got it. Core gamers are on Ps4/xbox where games like GTA, COD, Fallout and co sell millions of copies.

Miyamotoo said:

None of those games you mention sold bad. SS sold 4m I dont know in which universe 4m is bad. WW HD sold 1.7m till now, I really don't see how you can say that's bad for remaster on platform with small user base. Zelda spinoff (not real Zelda game), Hyrule Warriors sold 1.3m till now, not bad at all for spinoff on platform with small user base.

Sold bad compared to the competition. 4 Mio on their highest budget game is bad, if a super low budget just dance sells 15+ mio.

Miyamotoo said:

No I dont think Zelda game could sell good only like launch titles, but fact is that last 3 3D Zelda games that are launched at end of console life prove that they selling worse, MM sold much worse than OoT, TP GC sold much worse than WW and SS sold much worse than TP Wii. So Zelda games that are launching at end of console life are not selling too good. And again, game of new 3D Zelda caliber like launch title definitely will have strong effect on sales of that platform.

The hardcore zelda games already own a wii u. Windwaker HD, Hyrule Warriors and Twilight Princess HD are games no real big zelda fan would want to miss.

Hyrule warriors as an example was a spin off, but was fantastic fan service. Windwaker got a incredible good graphical overhaul, modern controls and better gameplay (faster sealing). Twilight Princess is for many considered as the best zelda game made yet.

Even with all those zelda games, the wii u failed. This just prooves that the big majority of gamers now a days arnt that interested in a zelda game anymore. They dont get a console just to play zelda. the Ps4 as an example offers soo many great games that are on par with zelda, they dont need to.

Zelda will only be really interesting for the hardcore fans (1-2 mio; people who bought WWHD and Hyrule Warriors) + some people that are looking for a new game. So 3-4 Mio sales in Zelda U is very realsitic. If its Wii U exclusive it will probl sell 3 mio, if cross gen 2 mio wii u and 2 mio nx.

JNK said:

Miyamotoo said:

Thats again not a fact. There are also hardcore gamer who bought Wii Sports or Mario Kart. Like their a casuals who bought TP. 

Miyamotoo said:

Alright, swap COD with Metroid Prime 3.

Miyamotoo said:

Because Zelda U is a wii u game and will be sold on wii u as well. So it will probl be 2 mio sales on wii u + 2 mio sales on NX (=Skyward Sword sales = 4mio zelda fans).

Nintendo is not getting 50$ per game LOL.

20% taxes

20% to the vendor

10% transport / packaging

Like I already said so often, there are enough other games that could be ported or devleoped that would sell the same or even better. If Nintendo is only going for sales, Xenoblade Chronicles X wouldnt exist. They would make a very similar game called Pokemon instead (same world, similar monsters/pokemon, ability to fly charizard instead of mechs). Sales would increase HEAVILY, much more then zelda u would sell on NX.

Miyamotoo said:

Really? So what about the other 143 people who voted no?

Miyamotoo said:

Lol you dont get it. The only reason the Wii was a sucess was because of motion controls. otherhwise it would had sell even worse then the gamecube, no matter if zelda was launch title or not.

You can say the SAME about every wii launch game. Again, if Twilight Princess made core gamers to buy a wii, why didnt sold metroid prime 3 so well?

Miyamotoo said:

Thats right. On Nintendo plattforms ONLY casual games do sell well and move consoles. You finally got it. Core gamers are on Ps4/xbox where games like GTA, COD, Fallout and co sell millions of copies.

Miyamotoo said:

Sold bad compared to the competition. 4 Mio on their highest budget game is bad, if a super low budget just dance sells 15+ mio.

Miyamotoo said:

The hardcore zelda games already own a wii u. Windwaker HD, Hyrule Warriors and Twilight Princess HD are games no real big zelda fan would want to miss.

Hyrule warriors as an example was a spin off, but was fantastic fan service. Windwaker got a incredible good graphical overhaul, modern controls and better gameplay (faster sealing). Twilight Princess is for many considered as the best zelda game made yet.

Even with all those zelda games, the wii u failed. This just prooves that the big majority of gamers now a days arnt that interested in a zelda game anymore. They dont get a console just to play zelda. the Ps4 as an example offers soo many great games that are on par with zelda, they dont need to.

Zelda will only be really interesting for the hardcore fans (1-2 mio; people who bought WWHD and Hyrule Warriors) + some people that are looking for a new game. So 3-4 Mio sales in Zelda U is very realsitic. If its Wii U exclusive it will probl sell 3 mio, if cross gen 2 mio wii u and 2 mio nx.

Fact is that core gamers didn't bought Wii because motion controls and Wii Sports, they bought it because Zelda TP on launch.

I dont see your point, because TP Wii sold much better than all Metroid games on Wii combined.

It will be at least 3m on NX and on Wii U probably around 2m. Again tens of millions of profit on NX version alone.

You still dont get it, when Zelda U arrives on NX it will brand new game, not port of some old game. Zelda U port for NX probably will take around around 6 months (in worst case 12 months), for that time you can only make projects like Mario Tennis or Amiibo Festival. I agree that Pokemon console game would had better effect like launch title, but you can't make 3D Pokemon game in less for one year. Maybe we will have Pokemon game like NX launch title but that doesnt have anuthing with Zelda U port, Pokemom team dont make Zelda games and Zelda team dont make Pokemon games, I dont see why cant have bouth.

We arguing if Zelda U port will help NX, you question was "Do we (customer) really want Zelda Wii U on NX?" not nearly same thing if you look poll, better look answers in thread.

Wii would be succes even without Zelda TP like launch title, but definitely smaller, you can bet core gamers wouldnt buy Wii so fast whitout Zelda TP.

First Metroid Prime is hardcore game not core game, fan base of Metroid Prime is much smaller than Zelda's (sales proves that), and Metroid Prime wasn't launch title, Zelda TP was.

Zelda also moves consoles and sale ok, Zelda is still one of most important Nintendo exclusives and reason because some people buy Nintendo consoles on first place.

Again, Wii on first place was casual platform and Just Dance is casual game, and I already wrote to you why SS dont have better sales.

Again, point is all those Zelda games arrived on Wii U when platform is consider for failure, at that point nothing could change Wii U fait, even much bigger hits like Mario 3D World and Mario Kart 8 couldnt change state of Wii U.

I will not reply anymore because we just keep going in circles. I made thread about thing we argue, so you can see Poll and you can see what people thinking when they posting. You are only who think that Zelda U will not help NX.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=214237&page=1

Nipe because it probl will kill the wii u version