By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do we (customer) really want Zelda Wii U on NX?

Do YOU want Zelda Wii U being on NX

Yes, I want it, because... 274 55.58%

No, I dont want it, because... 144 29.21%

Results 75 15.21%

Total:493
Miyamotoo said:
JNK said:

They released Skyward Sword. Which again didnt sold impressive. 

And I said to you why Skyward Sword wasn't sold impressive, users were massively migrated to other platforms and game required different type of controller or addon so people need to pay extra money if they wanted to play Skyward Sword.

so people dont want to use their old system again and buy a 20$ addon for their wiimote, but will buy a complete new console to play zelda u? alright.

Around the Network
JNK said:
Miyamotoo said:

And I said to you why Skyward Sword wasn't sold impressive, users were massively migrated to other platforms and game required different type of controller or addon so people need to pay extra money if they wanted to play Skyward Sword.

so people dont want to use their old system again and buy a 20$ addon for their wiimote, but will buy a complete new console to play zelda u? alright.

Majority of Wii owners were casuals, they had some fun time with Wii and Wii Sports but after that their Wii started to collect dust while they migrated to mobile platforms and PS3/Xbox360, so for those players buying new game or especially addon too for system that they didnt use any more didnt make any sense.

Zelda U is totally new and huge game for totally new system, so I really don't see how you can compare that with Skyward Sword, only comparison you can make is with Twilight Princess because is basically same situation, cross game that will be launch title on new platform.

I really don't understand what exactly you trying to prove here, that Zelda U like launch title will not have effect on NX!? If you really trying to do that you wasting your time, because it will have positive effect on NX.

Like I wrote, "At end its very simple, Zelda U is huge game, and having such a huge game like launch title will help sales of that system, but from some reason you just keep denying that".

Miyamotoo said:

I really don't understand what exactly you trying to prove here, that Zelda U like launch title will not have effect on NX!? If you really trying to do that you wasting your time, because it will have positive effect on NX.

It wont have a significant effect, yes. May sell 500k-1mio consoles at best.

JNK said:
Miyamotoo said:

We can argue about strength of effect will have, but at least we both agree that will definitely have some effect on NX sales.

Miyamotoo said:
JNK said:

We can argue about strength of effect will have, but at least we both agree that will definitely have some effect on NX sales.

sure everything will have an effect. but the ressources put into a zelda u port to nx could be used to something different that would had a greater effect imo.

Around the Network
JNK said:
Miyamotoo said:

sure everything will have an effect. but the ressources put into a zelda u port to nx could be used to something different that would had a greater effect imo.

Zelda U port for NX could be easily done for 6-12 months, for that time you cant prepare anything (maybe Mario Tennis or Amiibo Festival) for launch, especially something that could be strong launch title. Making Zelda U port like NX launch title is good decision from every aspect, NX will have strong launch title and game itself will sell several millions on NX alone, so Zelda U will move NX and in same time Nintendo will make tons of money on NX port alone. Same thing they done with TP and now they doing it again.

Miyamotoo said:
JNK said:

Zelda U port for NX could be easily done for 6-12 months, for that time you cant prepare anything (maybe Mario Tennis or Amiibo Festival) for launch, especially something that could be strong launch title. Making Zelda U port like NX launch title is good decision from every aspect, NX will have strong launch title and game itself will sell several millions on NX alone, so Zelda U will move NX and in same time Nintendo will make tons of money on NX port alone. Same thing they done with TP and now they doing it again.

mario kart 8 port. same engine in 1080p, some better anti aliasing, 16-32 new tracks + all wii u tracks, some new drivers.

finished. thats a launch title.

TP didnt moved much consoles. without the motion controls, that system would had sold even worse then wii u. TP didnt needed 6-12 month either, the wii was basicaly a gamecube with new controls.

Also dont forget we are talking about Nintendo. Not everything they are doing make sense anyway. Like releasing Splatoon without voice chat and with 9 maps locked on disc. WTF.

Nontheless, it seems like Zelda NX is true, scince some of the leaks from supermetaldave64 are already confirmed. I just hope they dont rely on Zelda..just a ps4 like console with zelda and 1-2 other aaa nintendo games wouldnt work imo.

After being in development for 5 years, they've already spent too much on Zelda Wii U to send it out to die on that system. I don't really care about it being on NX, a system I know nothing about. I'll most likely play it on my Wii U. I don't tend to buy new platforms within their launch period.

the_dengle said:

After being in development for 5 years, they've already spent too much on Zelda Wii U to send it out to die on that system.

To be fair, it wouldn't necessarily be sending it out to die. Several Nintendo games have managed to sell very well on Wii U despite the small userbase. The attach ratios are nuts.

curl-6 said:

To be fair, it wouldn't necessarily be sending it out to die. Several Nintendo games have managed to sell very well on Wii U despite the small userbase. The attach ratios are nuts.

It's true, but the games that have done well have done so with strong legs. Coming at the end of the Wii U's life wouldn't help Zelda in that regard. In a world where NX wasn't launching until Holiday 2017, it could do alright. But hypotheticals are out the window. NX is coming this year, Zelda is on it.

I'd also be willing to bet Zelda has burned through a much larger budget than Mario Kart 8 or Splatoon. The "high attach ratio" consolation prize wouldn't cut it.