By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do we (customer) really want Zelda Wii U on NX?

Do YOU want Zelda Wii U being on NX

Yes, I want it, because... 274 55.58%

No, I dont want it, because... 144 29.21%

Results 75 15.21%

Total:493
the_dengle said:
curl-6 said:

To be fair, it wouldn't necessarily be sending it out to die. Several Nintendo games have managed to sell very well on Wii U despite the small userbase. The attach ratios are nuts.

It's true, but the games that have done well have done so with strong legs. Coming at the end of the Wii U's life wouldn't help Zelda in that regard. In a world where NX wasn't launching until Holiday 2017, it could do alright. But hypotheticals are out the window. NX is coming this year, Zelda is on it.

I'd also be willing to bet Zelda has burned through a much larger budget than Mario Kart 8 or Splatoon. The "high attach ratio" consolation prize wouldn't cut it.

I should clarify that I'm not saying it won't or shouldn't be on NX, I just don't think being on Wii U would be a death sentence. This is a game that Wii U owners have been waiting for since Day Zero. HD Zelda was literally one of the first things they ever showed for Wii U, back at E3 2011, I bet tons of people who bought Wii U did so in part because they looked forward to a HD Zelda.

All that said, I expect a dual platform release Twilight Princess style is most likely.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

I should clarify that I'm not saying it won't or shouldn't be on NX, I just don't think being on Wii U would be a death sentence. This is a game that Wii U owners have been waiting for since Day Zero. HD Zelda was literally one of the first things they ever showed for Wii U, back at E3 2011, I bet tons of people who bought Wii U did so in part because they looked forward to a HD Zelda.

All that said, I expect a dual platform release Twilight Princess style is most likely.

Dual-platform release is practically a foregone conclusion at this point. They've been adamant it will still release on Wii U. The leak is legit, although there have been legit leaks with some faulty info in the past so that part could still fall through. But I'd consider that a long shot.

It's difficult to consider a hypothetical scenario where Zelda releases as a Wii U exclusive right on top of the NX launch. What kind of marketing attention would it get? We'll never know, and the answer is clearly "Zelda Wii U will get very little marketing attention; Zelda NX will get loads."

I just think Nintendo would be displeased with 3-4 million sales. This is probably the most expensive game they've ever made.

the_dengle said:
curl-6 said:

Dual-platform release is practically a foregone conclusion at this point. They've been adamant it will still release on Wii U. The leak is legit, although there have been legit leaks with some faulty info in the past so that part could still fall through. But I'd consider that a long shot.

It's difficult to consider a hypothetical scenario where Zelda releases as a Wii U exclusive right on top of the NX launch. What kind of marketing attention would it get? We'll never know, and the answer is clearly "Zelda Wii U will get very little marketing attention; Zelda NX will get loads."

I just think Nintendo would be displeased with 3-4 million sales. This is probably the most expensive game they've ever made.

Do we know for sure the leak is real though? "Pokemon Niji" could have been a lucky guess; it's logical they'd codename a 20th anniversary game "Pokemon 20".

And while less likely, a TLOU situation could also happen, with a "Remastered" NX version following a few months after the Wii U release.

curl-6 said:

Do we know for sure the leak is real though? "Pokemon Niji" could have been a lucky guess; it's logical they'd codename a 20th anniversary game "Pokemon 20".

And while less likely, a TLOU situation could also happen, with a "Remastered" NX version following a few months after the Wii U release.

The leak was already substantiated before Pokemon was announced. They also got the release window right. Everyone was expecting a third version or sequel to X/Y. Black & White 2 were announced in February, released just four months later in June. When I first saw the leak, the fall/winter window stuck out to me, because it would place Z or whatever at two years after the previous release, which I think would have been the longest gap between two games of the same generation, or something like that.

the_dengle said:
curl-6 said:

The leak was already substantiated before Pokemon was announced. They also got the release window right. Everyone was expecting a third version or sequel to X/Y. Black & White 2 were announced in February, released just four months later in June. When I first saw the leak, the fall/winter window stuck out to me, because it would place Z or whatever at two years after the previous release, which I think would have been the longest gap between two games of the same generation, or something like that.

Was this the leak that actually showed the logos and Sun/Moon names, or did they just get the release window and "Niji" codename right?

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

Was this the leak that actually showed the logos and Sun/Moon names, or did they just get the release window and "Niji" codename right?

This leak didn't include the logos and names. It did claim new Nintendo Selects games coming this spring/summer, although I think that may have been previously leaked?

Geez, Nintendo is taking on water. I can't believe it, there are so many seemingly legit leaks coming from them right now I can't even keep track of them. Usually nothing gets out.

the_dengle said:
curl-6 said:

This leak didn't include the logos and names. It did claim new Nintendo Selects games coming this spring/summer, although I think that may have been previously leaked?

Geez, Nintendo is taking on water. I can't believe it, there are so many seemingly legit leaks coming from them right now I can't even keep track of them. Usually nothing gets out.

I'm just an extremely skeptical person by nature.

I do believe it will see a dual platform release, I just distrust leaks given how many of them turn out to be total bogus or lucky guesswork.

JNK said:
Miyamotoo said:

Zelda U port for NX could be easily done for 6-12 months, for that time you cant prepare anything (maybe Mario Tennis or Amiibo Festival) for launch, especially something that could be strong launch title. Making Zelda U port like NX launch title is good decision from every aspect, NX will have strong launch title and game itself will sell several millions on NX alone, so Zelda U will move NX and in same time Nintendo will make tons of money on NX port alone. Same thing they done with TP and now they doing it again.

mario kart 8 port. same engine in 1080p, some better anti aliasing, 16-32 new tracks + all wii u tracks, some new drivers.

finished. thats a launch title.

TP didnt moved much consoles. without the motion controls, that system would had sold even worse then wii u. TP didnt needed 6-12 month either, the wii was basicaly a gamecube with new controls.

Also dont forget we are talking about Nintendo. Not everything they are doing make sense anyway. Like releasing Splatoon without voice chat and with 9 maps locked on disc. WTF.

Nontheless, it seems like Zelda NX is true, scince some of the leaks from supermetaldave64 are already confirmed. I just hope they dont rely on Zelda..just a ps4 like console with zelda and 1-2 other aaa nintendo games wouldnt work imo.

Mario Kart 8 at end of this year will be around two and half years old game, and MK9 is probably in development already, so we realistically can expect new Mario Kart game in 2017 or 2018 at latest, so there is no sense to port Mario Kart at all especially if we know that Mario Kart is francaise with one game per generation (per device).

Zelda U is completely new game, you really cant expect that remaster of old game (MK8) will have better effect than new game, especially because people who already really wanted MK8 already played it on Wii U. New Zelda game on NX we can expect in best case in 2019/2020, so basically repeat of Wii U where we will would have Zelda near end of life of console, but with Zelda U port we will have new Zelda at launch and onother near end of NX life, similar like Wii had.

Again why they would left probably the biggest game in history on dead platform when that same game can have beginning of life on complete new platform!? Zelda NX port will move consoles and will sell additional millions of copies of games than on Wii U alone. There is no one single reason why Nintendo should left Zelda U like exclusive Wii U title, espacile because they already done same thing with TP.

Again, Zelda TP Wii did move solid number of Wii console beacuse core gamers bouth Wii beacuse of Zelda TP not beacuse of Wii Sports, vile casual gamers bouth Wii beacuse Wii Sports.

Yes, not everything they do make sense but you cant say nothing they do dont make sense, porting Zelda TP to Wii made sense and was huge success in every way, there is no reason to assume Nintendo will not do same with Zelda U especially when GC and Zelda U have so many similaritys, both are consoles with very bad sales and both had huge game coming at end of life when new hardware is launching.

Of Course that Nintendo is counting on Zelda U like launch title on NX, why wouldn't, it huge game that will be launch title on complete ne platform, but they definitely don't rely only on Zelda U port. They will definitely have some other big launch title/s, for instance new 3D Mario game is very possible. You dont understand that great Nintendo games selling Nintendo consoles, and having great Nintendo games on launch will move huge number of consoles, but you can still deny that.

the_dengle said:
curl-6 said:

To be fair, it wouldn't necessarily be sending it out to die. Several Nintendo games have managed to sell very well on Wii U despite the small userbase. The attach ratios are nuts.

It's true, but the games that have done well have done so with strong legs. Coming at the end of the Wii U's life wouldn't help Zelda in that regard. In a world where NX wasn't launching until Holiday 2017, it could do alright. But hypotheticals are out the window. NX is coming this year, Zelda is on it.

I'd also be willing to bet Zelda has burned through a much larger budget than Mario Kart 8 or Splatoon. The "high attach ratio" consolation prize wouldn't cut it.

Empty argument, the franchises already successful on wii u are known for it's legs. Zelda is more front loaded and won't fail to achieve huge numbers.

Miyamotoo said:

Of Course that Nintendo is counting on Zelda U like launch title on NX, why wouldn't, it huge game that will be launch title on complete ne platform, but they definitely don't rely only on Zelda U port. They will definitely have some other big launch title/s, for instance new 3D Mario game is very possible. You dont understand that great Nintendo games selling Nintendo consoles, and having great Nintendo games on launch will move huge number of consoles, but you can still deny that.

Zelda Windwaker HD does nothing on wii u. sure it was just a remade, but not many people played winwaker + it got a fantastic graphic overhaul. Its also a really great game (metascore 96). But it does almost nothing.

The game was released in wii u´s first year, was 11 years old on the worst selling nintendo plattform so far and didnt solt that much. So it was for many, many gamers a brand new game. But it didnt helped as well.