By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The end of Xbox is approaching

zorg1000 said:
CGI-Quality said:

This is actually an open-ended discussion. For example, one would have to think that for the brand not to decline, it needs to sell, at least, 85 million units. Unless it gets a HUGE jump on the 360 in the US (which isn't impossible, but unlikely), this will be the Xbox's 2nd best selling machine.

I was actually just about to post something similar before I saw your post. So many people seem to ignore or forget that 360 had an incredibly late peak largely due to Kinect attracting a new audience to 360. Unless XB1 gets some massive killer app like that than its unlikely it will match 360 sales.

That's a longer life cycle...

We're referring to sales rate... 

Around the Network

You think Xbox will be terminate and replace with window 10?
Many MS decision seem to direct this way in my point of view. Only time will tell.

I don't really see a point in totally ending the Xbox brand. It's really only "poisonous" in Japan, and the cause of that probably goes well beyond the brand name. The Xbox is a known, fairly popular brand in America, where the Xbox, Xbox 360, and even the Xbox One have all either done decently or well.

Should MS have different priorities for their next box? Most definitely. While I personally love having it combined with my cable box on a single input, making an all in one box as opposed to something more gaming oriented like the PS4 clearly isn't a winning strategy

I think the biggest change MS needs to make in terms of branding is simply teaming up with a Japanese developer in Japan. Provide exclusive, first party content through that company that can attract Japanese gamers, and change the name and design fo the box to things that will better attract Japanese gamers. Utilizing this new name in Europe might not be a bad idea either.

In America, however, the Xbox brand should continue to be the name of Microsoft's consoles.

AsGryffynn said:
zorg1000 said:

I was actually just about to post something similar before I saw your post. So many people seem to ignore or forget that 360 had an incredibly late peak largely due to Kinect attracting a new audience to 360. Unless XB1 gets some massive killer app like that than its unlikely it will match 360 sales.

That's a longer life cycle...

We're referring to sales rate... 

No, he said each generation Xbox has grown, that remains to be seen and will not be known until the end of the generation, being ahead launches aligned means very little if XB1ends up being more front loaded and begins to decline when 360 is having its best years.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Swordmasterman said:

Wrong, i don't think that this is going to be the Standart, the Consoles, sell much well on a lot of countries on the World, and those countries will not have a good enought internet for streaming, for the next 200 Years, Because of the 'Full Digital' is that Microsoft, started the Generation, already loosing for Sony.

If you want worldwide recognition, you will still need a Hardware, but if is looking just for some countries, you can go 100% Online, but even on the best countries for this, you will still have inssues.

Not sure if you really read what I wrote.  I stated that their will be multiple different products to address different infrastructures.  There isn't a one size fit all device anymore.  Instead having multiple difference devices that also allow you to get your games and serivices to your customer base will be the keep to the future.

Around the Network
Machiavellian said:
Swordmasterman said:

Wrong, i don't think that this is going to be the Standart, the Consoles, sell much well on a lot of countries on the World, and those countries will not have a good enought internet for streaming, for the next 200 Years, Because of the 'Full Digital' is that Microsoft, started the Generation, already loosing for Sony.

If you want worldwide recognition, you will still need a Hardware, but if is looking just for some countries, you can go 100% Online, but even on the best countries for this, you will still have inssues.

Not sure if you really read what I wrote.  I stated that their will be multiple different products to address different infrastructures.  There isn't a one size fit all device anymore.  Instead having multiple difference devices that also allow you to get your games and serivices to your customer base will be the keep to the future.

If Microsoft, focus more on PC, they will not give up with the DRM, and the 100% Online.

Guyz that belevies MS " ecosystem " can compete with Steam and Playstation at one time have really strong faith in MS......