By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Patchter thinks wii fit will not sell 10 million units,

I believe gta 4 will surpass 10 million. I think wii fit will aswell, however it'll take wii fit longer to get to that milestone.

Around the Network

Pachter is such an idiot. Listen to what he says, he's predicting only 11 to 12.5 million PS3 LTD worldwide by the end of the year. He's obviously pulling numbers out of his ass while he sits there.

Hardcore gaming is a bubble economy blown up by Microsoft's $7 $6 billion losses.

I say both very possible! 16 mil for GTA 4, i think it will definately do... combined ofcourse

Wii Fit will make 10 million next year.

@ FishyJoe

It will be close. GTA is a much more popular franchise than Halo.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

I think WiiFit will have a lifetime attach rate of better than 30%. You guys do the math.

Around the Network

lol ,this is a joke isn't it?

This fills me with confidence. If Pachter says it - he is *definitely* wrong, and it will easily top 10m ;)

I still think WiiFit will hit 10m THIS YEAR. It will remain selling 30k-50k/week in Japan + Xmas - seeing it hit around 3m by end of '08.

WiiFit will be massive in Europe - my only Q is how much Ninty can produce. It should sell 1m in the opening 2 weeks, and should do 3m also by the end of '08.

In the end, I think the spread of sales will be similar to the Wii install base spread - WiiFit will basically be a sellout up to the end of '08 (will see what happens next year).

For 10m sales end of '08 - take away the 1.5m in Japan (8.5m) - which is still around 200k/week produced/sold. This seems in the realm of probable production targets IMO.

Pachter is not only going to be wrong on this one - he will be DEAD wrong.

As for GTA - 16m seems very reasonable for a "non-casual" title like GTA. 11-12m on 360, 5-6m on PS3? Quite possible.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Maybe he means GTA4 could top 16 if it could have a Wii version xD lol
jk
He talks if 10 millions were poor sales for Wii fit
I think it could end with 2-2.5 lifetime on Japan, 2-5 depending the marketing NOA does in America and 3-4 Europe
Also if starts appearing Wii balance board Wii ware games, it support could be going to the roof

WiiU/Wii/3DS/DS/Xbox360/PS3/PSP Owner 
3DS FC: 1032-1246-9162  (Nacho)
Nintendo Network ID: Zap786
If you add me, please let me know to add you back

shams said:
This fills me with confidence. If Pachter says it - he is *definitely* wrong, and it will easily top 10m ;)

I still think WiiFit will hit 10m THIS YEAR. It will remain selling 30k-50k/week in Japan + Xmas - seeing it hit around 3m by end of '08.

WiiFit will be massive in Europe - my only Q is how much Ninty can produce. It should sell 1m in the opening 2 weeks, and should do 3m also by the end of '08.

In the end, I think the spread of sales will be similar to the Wii install base spread - WiiFit will basically be a sellout up to the end of '08 (will see what happens next year).

For 10m sales end of '08 - take away the 1.5m in Japan (8.5m) - which is still around 200k/week produced/sold. This seems in the realm of probable production targets IMO.

Pachter is not only going to be wrong on this one - he will be DEAD wrong.

As for GTA - 16m seems very reasonable for a "non-casual" title like GTA. 11-12m on 360, 5-6m on PS3? Quite possible.

Patcher was talking about sales in 08, I doubt Wii Fit will sell 10 million copies this year.

And remember, Patcher said that GTA4 will not sell 16 million this year.  Joel just said it wrong. 

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

leo-j said:
GTA 4 is going to have the biggest attach rate ever, every sinle PS360 owner(atleasr 50%) will buy that game, they should have a combined base of over 35million, so 16M is very possible combined.

Is this the 50% of PS3 users that didn't but it only as a Blu-Ray player? No way 50% of PS3 users, maybe 360.

BAM! There it is!

Wii Code 3456 7941 4060 2924
COD MW Reflex 541192229709