By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Patchter thinks wii fit will not sell 10 million units,

wii fit will 10 million, but not this year. it will have legs like an ethiopian olympic runner.

Around the Network

Another one of Patcher's "bold prediction."s

Lemme tell you something. If I said the Wii will sell under 200 million units, and the PS3 under 100 million lifetime, is that a "bold prediction"?

Sounds like something Patcher'd say, anyway.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

>>On its own, Wii Fit has a limited appeal<<

to gamers. 

To the mass market, Wii Fit is in an d of itself, a wide appeal item. 

the problem with Wii fit is that it's not quite a game, more like accessory.
So, if Wii is really here to stay for four more years I could see it easily reach 10M mark.

(\__/)
( -'.'-)
(")_(") This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

leo-j said:

He also thinks GTA 4 will end up with only 16 million copies sold:

http://www.gametrailers.com/bonusround.php?ep=20&pt=1

He did not say that.

He said Wii Fit will not see 10 million this year and he doesn't think any game will sell 10 million this year.

He thinks GTA4 will sell 9-10 million this year and maybe a little more.  I stated very clearly that GTA4 will not sell 16 million this year.

leo-j, maybe you want to listen better before you create new threads? 

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

Around the Network

Hmm Wii Fit not hitting 10 million is plausible but GTA IV getting 16 million is kinda not as high of percentage. I mean he must be suggesting that this title will push numerous PS3's and 360's, have amazing attach rates, and dominate for many months to come.

It's gonna be the other way around

What are you looking at, nerd?
daactualfact said:
leo-j, that's pure bull what you're saying. (no offense.)

If Gta San Andreas on Ps2 managed 15 mil on a 120 mil userbase lifetime, I don't see that happening for a 35 mil userbase at all, no matter how big the game is.

You are so right. A LOT of people are seriously overestimating GTA4. 

15 Million copies sold on a userbase of 120 million equates to about 12,5%. Seeing as how the Xbox 360/PS3 userbase will be around 35 million by GTA4's release,  12,5% of that is roughly 4,38 million.  Haha. XD

It'll probably be more than that, duh, but still, nowhere near as big as a lot of people seem to think. 

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

The only way I see wii fit selling 10million is if other game come out utilizing the board but don't actually sell the baord with their game.

Therefore it would force people into buying Wii fit so they can get the board for games like snowbaording skatebaording etc..

GTAIV will not sell 16million. Just peopel alot of "internet" people are hyped about it doesn't mean the general public is. 50% attach rate is way over the top.

I don't think Patcher has any credibility left. Wii Fit has already sold 1.5 million units and its only been released in a single country...