By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Which console will have the most 2008 console sales?

All 3 consoles are getting heavy hitting exclusives. (moreso for the Wii and Ps3 though.) There is the multiplats, which could go either way. (gta4 is still questionable about who it will help.) The Wii is getting great 2008 games. (Better than the somewhat a little whack 2007.) The Ps3 is getting the games that we all know and like. (mgs, gta, resistance.) 360 is getting great amount of games and some hardhitters. (though I feel like 2007 will be hard to get again for the 360 this year.) What are your thoughts? I believe that the Wii may sell the most due to its casual titles and its major Nintendo titles. (not to mention the great 3rd party titles that are starting to come. Finally!) The Ps3 will not be too far behind the Wii with its sequels to legendary games and new ips. I do feel the 360 will be lacking behind those 2 though. The 2007 year was stellar! Halo 3 made headlines and Cod4 on 360 is still selling massively today for its age. It has Gears which may no doubt pass 5 million this year. It also has the monster that is Gta4! But, other than those 2 i don't see too much like the beast that is 2007! (these are my thoughts. Please share your own.)

Damn things have changed since 2009 began. Here are my new visions for the end of the generation.

Wii: 135 mil

Ps3: 85 mil

360: 60 mil

True Genius
Around the Network

Everybody, I MEANT SOFTWARE SALES! (I accidentally misnamed the thread title.)

Damn things have changed since 2009 began. Here are my new visions for the end of the generation.

Wii: 135 mil

Ps3: 85 mil

360: 60 mil

True Genius

Wii sports that are bundled, Wii Play, SSBB, Mario Kart, and of course Wii fit.
quite frankly I don't see any other option than... Wii

(\__/)
( -'.'-)
(")_(") This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

If you only look at consoles, then Wii.

Handhelds and consoles then DS.

And I am not basing this on quality of titles, but simply on userbase.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

the wii of course

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

Around the Network

I don't think the PS3 has much of a chance, really. It has some big games coming, but it's still trailing the 360 by almost 7m units. Let's be generous and say that the 360 will have averaged 5m more owners over the course of the year. If each of those buys just four games, that's 20m more units of software sold over and above what it would sell with the same install base as the PS3. The PS3 will have some big games, but will it have 20m extra units of software worth of big games? It's also worth noting that the 360 currently beats the PS3 in software rather handily.

And if it's between the Wii and 360, it seems pretty clear that the Wii is going to come out on top. The Wii is very competitive in software right now, and it's building even more of an install base advantage over the 360. It also has several enormous games releasing this year.

Wii, Wii play is still selling, Smash and Mkwii would sell a lot this year, wii fit could surprise us this year with its strong sales, and lots of other games they have in development would sell

Sigh. The Wii. It will most likely continue to dominate for the rest of 2008.

I think there's a very good chance the PS3 comes out over the 360 this year though.

well gta is promising for ps3 and 360 but wii will still have more software sales i guess with ssbb mkwii wiifit and disaster day of crisis!

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!

bet with *no one yet* that the combined first week of Monster Hunter 3 in america and europe will be 600k or more! winner changes looser sig and avatar for two months!

Is this a joke? What do you think it'll be? The Jaguar? 3DO? C'mon! We're 1/4 of the way through the year and the Wii is still outselling the competition by a wide margin. It is the only console with strong, consistent sales in all regions, and it's expanding into China soon. I defy anyone to show how either the PS3 or 360 could match it in 2008.

EDIT:

Oh! Software! Well, the biggest title on the 360 and PS3 is GTA4, and being MC will cause it to split sales. Add in the fact that they both have a smaller userbase than the Wii, and that Wii's big titles - SSBB, MKW, and WiiFit are all exclusive, I fully expect the Wii to win out in software sales.