By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The average Xbox One owner spends more money than the average PS4 owner, Ubisoft report says.

Tagged games:

vivster said:
That is not how install bases work. That's not how any of this works.

exactly this!!!

Ubi games will sell more on the PS4. that's as far as install bases go. It doenst matter to what ratio, cause its not like everyone that vuys one console is a guaranteed slae for every game released. Everyone has their preferences. 

While there may be the ps4 owner that buys only 1 or two games per year, that's going to be offset by the gamer that buys 10 games per year. PS4 higher install base simply means we have a larger number of casuals on the PS4 in the very same way games will generally sell more on the PS4 than on the XB1. 

Around the Network

That because the mainstream gamers whodon't buy as many games went with PS4 and that will affect attach rate.

Xbone is ATM a very core platform with an on average more dedicated following.

I LOVE ICELAND!

MoHasanie said:
That's not a surprise. The casual gamers are buying the PS4 and they don't spend as much on games.

Except casuals aren't really in the equation like they were in 7th Gen. They've all moved to mobile. What we have is a lot of people on PlayStation who don't buy Ubisoft games.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Azuren said:
MoHasanie said:
That's not a surprise. The casual gamers are buying the PS4 and they don't spend as much on games.

Except casuals aren't really in the equation like they were in 7th Gen. They've all moved to mobile. What we have is a lot of people on PlayStation who don't buy Ubisoft games.

There will always be casual gamers. In fact most console owners are casuals. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

MoHasanie said:
Azuren said:

This is a tough point to prove. I see exactly where you're coming from, but how do we really define a casual?

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

Around the Network
coolbeans said:
think-man said:

Well coolbeans think about it, it's a dlc chart lol something has to be number one. The fact that the number one selling game also has the highest selling dlc is kind of a no brainer don't you think? Everything you said doesn't mean anything lololol

Unsatisfied with one of the most recent examples?  Fine.  

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/01/12/ps-store-decembers-top-sellers/

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/12/10/playstation-store-novembers-top-sellers-2/

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/08/07/playstation-store-july-2015s-top-sellers/

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/03/12/playstation-store-february-2015s-top-sellers/

Even during seasons in with which COD is NOT the number 1 seller via PSN, PS community wants to slurp up those season passes just like every other community.  

You don't get it do you? You are showing me dlc charts, what do you expect to appear on a dlc chart......dlc lol god damnit use your brain coolbeans haha

ohmylanta1003 said:
MoHasanie said:

This is a tough point to prove. I see exactly where you're coming from, but how do we really define a casual?

Well I define a casual as someone who buys a few games (3-4) per year. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

ohmylanta1003 said:
whatever said:

You actually believe this is an accurate assessment?  It's 100% spin.  Even a small amount of investigation as shown by Boskabo in this thread shows the claim is complete garbage. 

Boskabo's "breakdown" was anything but a breakdown. It was an incoherent mess of a post and I have no idea what he's trying to get at because of how poorly it's laid out.

Just because you didn't understand it doesn't make it any less valid.  SMH.

This article wouldn't change an Xbox player to make a jump switch to PlayStation 4. I think that as long as the consumer enjoys whichever console they prefer, that's alright in their view. I am thinking of getting a PlayStation 4 soon, so this is great to hear. :)

One of the reasons why the XBox Marketplace does well is because there are advetisements for free games or new games on discount the second you look at the primary focal box that you're viewing. If you are a sucker for a digital game Microsoft could make easy work with you.