By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The average Xbox One owner spends more money than the average PS4 owner, Ubisoft report says.

Tagged games:

whatever said:
ohmylanta1003 said:

Boskabo's "breakdown" was anything but a breakdown. It was an incoherent mess of a post and I have no idea what he's trying to get at because of how poorly it's laid out.

Just because you didn't understand it doesn't make it any less valid.  SMH.

Lol. If it wasn't a garbage post, I would have understood it. I have a minor in statistics. This shit isn't something that just "doesn't make sense to me". If he presented it well, it would have.

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

Around the Network
Baryonyx said:
Ganoncrotch said:

What.

MKX had it's updated netcode as well as all other support pulled from going to the PC version of the game just last month http://www.destructoid.com/mortal-kombat-x-on-pc-won-t-receive-new-content-support-looks-to-be-discontinued-335533.phtml I know it's a Warner Brothers Title and if you expect anything like support or a working game from them now you are kidding yourself... but still, consoles got the netcode update, PC didn't, it is affecting your platform now.

Also when it comes to free to play online... I dunno given that the main game I play on the PC is WoW I sort of wish it was free online, but I'm equally fine with paying monthly fees for server upkeep and because well I don't really expect much of anything for free, why would I expect decent servers/support from a company for no money? It's either you pay or you get what you pay for imo, which if you pay nothing you can't expect anything.

Sorry, all i could comprehend from reading your respons gave me the impression that you are damage-controlling paying for shit which should be free. You know that the online on Pc is completely fine right? Your PC is still connected to the same server-farm as the Consoles on multiplat games right?  You have been paying Microsoft 60$ a year for using servers the pc and Ps3 was connected to for free, Activision, EA and other publishers doesn't get a cut from that paywall even though Microsoft doesn't own these servers and doesn't spend shit for maintenace on these servers. Microsoft makes enough money on the software that they are capable of maintain their own network, which basically is just a bridge between your console and someone elses servers. Do you also think DLC's should exist? There are a few exceptions with DLC's which justify getting paid for but it will get worse as long as there are gamers ignorant enough to allow it.. 

Damage control for paying for "shit which should be free"

If that is what you got from my post you completely misunderstood it, there are free to play MMO's but you get what you pay for more or less, there are free to play online services again you get what you pay for, even if the servers were on exactly the same hardware I would honestly almost pay the sub fee for WoW each month just to not be in a community with people incapable or unwilling to pay a joke of a fee to gain access to it. If you look at the community of some free games like LoL can really see the calibur of player/human being that you draw in by offering it to every kid with a PC.

As for do I think DLC's should exist? are you hoping they won't catch on or something? you're about a decade too late to start trying to inform the ignorant lol.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Microsoft is the king of software thats why. They know how to hook, line and sinker people into buying software.

Baryonyx said:

Ofc, Xb gamers have been paying for things which should have been free since 2005. Thank you ubisoft for telling us which User-base is destroying gaming by telling the corporations it's okay for them to cheat us with digital-content which should have been included in the game, Soon everything will be purchased in term of DLC's on all Triple-A games, Battlefield 7: If you want any other weapon then the start weapons, you need to buy them for 5$ a piece. Battlefield 10: 20$ for a weapon-upgrade, just imagine COD.

it's now happening a lot on PS as well, Nintendo is doing it through amibos and Microsoft tried so damn hard at E3 to secure every little piece that can generate more money... Gaming is turning into shit.. I am glad i have a Pc, at least i can still enjoy gaming until the Pc gets corrupted as well.. Seing how publishers are now chopping content before launch, it will just get worse and it will affect all platforms.. More and more console gamers are jumping to PC, they will probably be okay with paying for online as well, and the die hard fans who told Microsoft to fuck off with their paywall in 2006 will be in the minority.

And people wonder why there aren't many active Xbox users outside of the Empire LOL.

PS4 for casuals

XB1 for hardcore

:p

Around the Network
MoHasanie said:
ohmylanta1003 said:

This is a tough point to prove. I see exactly where you're coming from, but how do we really define a casual?

Well I define a casual as someone who buys a few games (3-4) per year. 

So WoW players who log 5 hours a day but don't play anything else the whole year are casual?

No, we're not talking about "casually gaming" when we refer to Casual Gamers. We're talking about the type of games they play. Stuff like Farmville, Wii Fit, etc.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

coolbeans said:
think-man said:

You don't get it do you? You are showing me dlc charts, what do you expect to appear on a dlc chart......dlc lol god damnit use your brain coolbeans haha

Understand that this is all in response to your first response here: "PS users are more mature and dont buy into season pass bs?"

When I'm seeing top 10 sales lists for PSN DLC that have season passes taking up space there's a direct refutation to your first statement/question.

Coolbeans without numbers those top ten charts mean nothing. Think about it you have 40 million people playing ps4 and 20 million on x1 or whatever it is for example. If the top ten charts are both full of season passes and x1 community is making more money than the ps4 community what does that tell you. Make sense now? That would mean less people on ps are buying "season pass bs"

coolbeans said:
think-man said:

You don't get it do you? You are showing me dlc charts, what do you expect to appear on a dlc chart......dlc lol god damnit use your brain coolbeans haha

Understand that this is all in response to your first response here: "PS users are more mature and dont buy into season pass bs?"

When I'm seeing top 10 sales lists for PSN DLC that have season passes taking up space there's a direct refutation to your first statement/question.

You've done more than enough to prove his silly theory as nothing more than that.

I mean, maybe a more likely scenario judging by your links is that after buying Destiny, WWE, and CoD season passes, PS4 gamers just don't have enough money left to also buy Ubisoft DLC?

ohmylanta1003 said:
whatever said:

Just because you didn't understand it doesn't make it any less valid.  SMH.

Lol. If it wasn't a garbage post, I would have understood it. I have a minor in statistics. This shit isn't something that just "doesn't make sense to me". If he presented it well, it would have.

It must be very minor then.  If you can't figure out how the stats from the original article are invalid then you might need to find a new minor.

whatever said:

It must be very minor then.  If you can't figure out how the stats from the original article are invalid then you might need to find a new minor.

ohmylanta1003 said:

Cool it with the personal attacks, guys. Debate posts...not people. Your college degrees have nothing to do with the topic at hand.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334