By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Prediction: Microsoft will launch the Xbox Two in 2017 or 2018

When will the Xbox Two launch?

this year 22 3.14%

in 2017 34 4.86%

in 2018 147 21.00%

in 2019 239 34.14%

in 2020 156 22.29%

after 2020 102 14.57%

Total:700
Swordmasterman said:whileYou really expect that Xbox One, will sell 50 Millions ?, they are having a Hard time with Japan, Europe, and Worldwide, they only have USA, The Xbox One, i think that after 1 year, sold over the same that Xbox 360, sold on Launch, on Japan.

How  much do you think that it will sell ? 30 Millions on USA, and 20 Millions Worldwide ?.

If MS contiues support X1 like they've done so for 3 or 4 years, 50 million is possible.

I dont care to predict sales by region.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

XBox One is just fine for now, all regions except Japan they are good. if MS only would push more exclusives on X1 that would entice gamers to buy an X1.
So around 2019 or 2020 would be the next X console.

Gamemaster87 said:

The Xbox One is selling terrible compared to the PS4. In some regions like Germany or France it gets outsold by the Wii U. In Japan nobody cares for the console. Microsoft is losing much ground in all these regions. They need to move on in order to get back what they once "owned"

And it looks like that that is Microsoft's plan. Every formerly announced Xbox One exclusive is coming to the PC. They don't even care to sell more Xbox Ones. The bring these games to the PC because they may not be profitable on the small userbase of the Xbox One. Maybe they will port some big upcoming games like Gears of War 4 or Scalebound to the Xbox Two.

What do you think? IMO everything points towards that Microsoft is planning to replace the Xbox One ASAP.

First just because X1 sales are not on par with the PS4 doesn't mean it's terrible.

Second the X1 actually caught up with the WiiU in France and Germany even though the WiiU was release on year earlier which by the way the X1 is undertracked there.

Third they actually do care about selling X1 or else they wouldn't announced the white X1 Quantum Break bundle.

Forth selling consoles itself isn't the only way of getting money: there are software, accessories, Xbox live and not to mention the Xbox One Elite controller.

The One is doing fine.

Proud to be a Californian.

Dashboard like original 360 or 360 NXE and decent name. Xbox one's got 99 problems and the name is one!

darkenergy said:
Gamemaster87 said:

The Xbox One is selling terrible compared to the PS4. In some regions like Germany or France it gets outsold by the Wii U. In Japan nobody cares for the console. Microsoft is losing much ground in all these regions. They need to move on in order to get back what they once "owned"

And it looks like that that is Microsoft's plan. Every formerly announced Xbox One exclusive is coming to the PC. They don't even care to sell more Xbox Ones. The bring these games to the PC because they may not be profitable on the small userbase of the Xbox One. Maybe they will port some big upcoming games like Gears of War 4 or Scalebound to the Xbox Two.

What do you think? IMO everything points towards that Microsoft is planning to replace the Xbox One ASAP.

First just because X1 sales are not on par with the PS4 doesn't mean it's terrible.

Second the X1 actually caught up with the WiiU in France and Germany even though the WiiU was release on year earlier which by the way the X1 is undertracked there.

Third they actually do care about selling X1 or else they wouldn't announced the white X1 Quantum Break bundle.

Forth selling consoles itself isn't the only way of getting money: there are software, accessories, Xbox live and not to mention the Xbox One Elite controller.

The One is doing fine.

Market Share, is much more important than Profit, on the Console Market, with high Market Share, you can became a God.

Xbox One, and Wii U, have a fierce competition on France, and Germany, but the Xbox One, had a better launch, and is slowly closing the gap with the Wii U, very Slow.

If Microsoft, don't focus on pleasing the Xbox One's Install Base, and future Buyers, so they will not be able to sell Xbox Two, would be even worse on Sales than Xbox One.

the Gap Between Xbox One, and Wii U, on Germany, is 90 Thousands, and Xbox One, from november to Dezember, only sold 110 Thousands on Germany, so will not be so easy close the gap.

But the Playstation 4, on 2015, sold over 1 Million on France, agaist 298 thousands, of Xbox One, and 228 of Wii U.

Playstation 4, sold in German, on 2015, over 1.4 Millions of units, agaist 270 thousands of Xbox One (Wii U Numbers are unknow).

on France, the thing, is better for Xbox One, only 27 Thousands units behind, and last year sold 60 thousands units more than Wii U.

Official Numbers, not VGChartz.

Around the Network
Qwark said:
CartBlanche said:

Quark,

If you look at the sales charts starting in Jan 2016, the problem is X1 weekly sales are dropping much faster than PS4 sales. In January alone PS4 is outselling X1 by 3:1. Last year PS4 *never* got close to 2:1. Now extrapolate those number when games like Uncharted are released in April? I'd be surprised if April sales aren't 4:1, then by next Christmas, with a price drop, I see PS4 staying in the 3.5:1 ro 4:1 ratio from the end of this year. Microsoft won't sellin 7.5 million again, unless Sony mess up, or QB is the best game ever released in the history of gaming. Or another similar exclusive. Those are the only scenarios I see where Microsoft could hit some impressive targets.

I doubt uncharted 4 has that much of an effect, but I see the reason behind it, I still think it's a bit too early to say the Xone is already doomed and a new Gears and QB can still do wonders for the Xone. Besides Sony surely will screw something up, but MS got to have a wonderful E3 to assure gamers the Xone is still a good console and worth owning for various reasons, bringing exclusives to PC just isn't, but if I look at Splatoon one might say everything is possible.

So Quark, what are your thoughts now that Microsoft have pretty much made it official that the Xbox One will NOT have any true exclusives? That, it seems to me, they are focusing on PC and allowing the Xbox One to disappear in sales. 

Also worth noting that In February sales again showed PS4 outselling Xbox One 3:1. You still convinced this will change? QB to the rescue??

exdeath said:
Gamemaster87 said:

They never owned anything.  360 was successful because PS3 was executed horribly, over promised, under delivered, was too complicated to program, and cost too much.  I'm still remembering the promise of 4 x 1080p HDMI outputs from the PS3 lmao.   

Sony did absolutely everything wrong and MS really didn't have to do anything but simply be there, like a rebound after a breakup.
  And it came at a time when console hardware was finally in the realm of PC power at launch and console FPS was then a brand new phenomenon to console gamers and everybody (well, just the console kids that never had a PC) wanted PC style western shooters.  MS was just at the right place at the right time with 360.  Not so much anymore.  

These once in a lifetime favorable conditions aren't ever going to repeat again, and MS has proven incapable of diversifying away from their Halo/Gears/Forza/NFL target audience in order to adapt to non-favorable conditions. 

And this doesn’t even scratch on the DRM launch fiasco, ad burdened interfaces, and what was essentially pushing complete home integration to monetize your life (Kinect to count heads to charge for pay per view patent anyone?)  MS deviated away from the video game console market a long time ago.

This generation may also have big money "AAA" shooter fatigue setting in FINALLY.  Gears and Halo aren't fresh and exiting anymore.  They can't just throw Halo 6, Forza 7, and Gears 4 around and expect it to stick anymore.  Their one trick pony now a tired dead horse, and their platform objectively weaker this time around, they are just going to have to deal with it.

That said I'm not sure what's wrong with XBox One sales.  They could sell 900 million Xbox Ones and it would be labeled a failure if another platform sold 1 billion.  It's Call of Duty syndrome all over again, where anything else that doesn't sell a bajillion copies day one is a catastrophic failure, doesn't matter that some of the most beloved and successful games of all time sold less than 1 million units lifetime.  It's the same thing as businesses always expecting record breaking profits.  You can't break records every single year nonstop. Eventually the bubble pops.  Just because you didn't beat last year doesn’t mean you're a failure.

You can always find some other product that outsold yours.  Doesn't mean you aren't successful.

Yep. MS is pretty incompetent with gaming. A company with suit & ties and computer nerds that are completely out of touch with gamers. A corporate mindset that treats consumers as imbecils.

All those mistakes back in 2013 - TV, Kinect, mandatory online, no used games. How can you be so damn stupid? So out of touch. It's a miracle they sold almost 20 million units already.

And now they're hitting their hardcore fans in the back by giving out all their exclusives to PC, becoming even more laughing stock in front of the competition.

This company just cannot be trusted. It would be best if they left gaming entirely.

CartBlanche said:
Qwark said:

I doubt uncharted 4 has that much of an effect, but I see the reason behind it, I still think it's a bit too early to say the Xone is already doomed and a new Gears and QB can still do wonders for the Xone. Besides Sony surely will screw something up, but MS got to have a wonderful E3 to assure gamers the Xone is still a good console and worth owning for various reasons, bringing exclusives to PC just isn't, but if I look at Splatoon one might say everything is possible.

So Quark, what are your thoughts now that Microsoft have pretty much made it official that the Xbox One will NOT have any true exclusives? That, it seems to me, they are focusing on PC and allowing the Xbox One to disappear in sales. 

Also worth noting that In February sales again showed PS4 outselling Xbox One 3:1. You still convinced this will change? QB to the rescue??

That was a bit of an akward move from MS, but still the ship isn't sunk yet. As I looked to the sales of MS troughout february and march it baseline is still around 100k, which means around 8-10 million sales a year including holiday effect. It will never best the PS4 but it still should be able to get a userbase around 50 million. They must ficus in third party deals to make that number, possible bailouts include a deal for the next rockstar game (GTA6), exclusive DLC for COD, plenty of good games which don't release on PS4 and it will get there. No way it's going to be dead this or next year already it isn't the Wii U.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Slimebeast said:
exdeath said:

They never owned anything.  360 was successful because PS3 was executed horribly, over promised, under delivered, was too complicated to program, and cost too much.  I'm still remembering the promise of 4 x 1080p HDMI outputs from the PS3 lmao.   

Sony did absolutely everything wrong and MS really didn't have to do anything but simply be there, like a rebound after a breakup.
  And it came at a time when console hardware was finally in the realm of PC power at launch and console FPS was then a brand new phenomenon to console gamers and everybody (well, just the console kids that never had a PC) wanted PC style western shooters.  MS was just at the right place at the right time with 360.  Not so much anymore.  

These once in a lifetime favorable conditions aren't ever going to repeat again, and MS has proven incapable of diversifying away from their Halo/Gears/Forza/NFL target audience in order to adapt to non-favorable conditions. 

And this doesn’t even scratch on the DRM launch fiasco, ad burdened interfaces, and what was essentially pushing complete home integration to monetize your life (Kinect to count heads to charge for pay per view patent anyone?)  MS deviated away from the video game console market a long time ago.

This generation may also have big money "AAA" shooter fatigue setting in FINALLY.  Gears and Halo aren't fresh and exiting anymore.  They can't just throw Halo 6, Forza 7, and Gears 4 around and expect it to stick anymore.  Their one trick pony now a tired dead horse, and their platform objectively weaker this time around, they are just going to have to deal with it.

That said I'm not sure what's wrong with XBox One sales.  They could sell 900 million Xbox Ones and it would be labeled a failure if another platform sold 1 billion.  It's Call of Duty syndrome all over again, where anything else that doesn't sell a bajillion copies day one is a catastrophic failure, doesn't matter that some of the most beloved and successful games of all time sold less than 1 million units lifetime.  It's the same thing as businesses always expecting record breaking profits.  You can't break records every single year nonstop. Eventually the bubble pops.  Just because you didn't beat last year doesn’t mean you're a failure.

You can always find some other product that outsold yours.  Doesn't mean you aren't successful.

Yep. MS is pretty incompetent with gaming. A company with suit & ties and computer nerds that are completely out of touch with gamers. A corporate mindset that treats consumers as imbecils.

All those mistakes back in 2013 - TV, Kinect, mandatory online, no used games. How can you be so damn stupid? So out of touch. It's a miracle they sold almost 20 million units already.

And now they're hitting their hardcore fans in the back by giving out all their exclusives to PC, becoming even more laughing stock in front of the competition.

This company just cannot be trusted. It would be best if they left gaming entirely.

Fact is Microsoft doesn't have the staying power in the HW market. Zune anyone? Compare that to Sony and their investment in PSVita? Even though it hasn't been doing brilliantly they are still there, releasing games for it and occassionaly updating it. It is about having a vision and sticking with it, assuming your company doesn't sink.

The same could have happened with the PS3. It started off horrendeously. With the same arrogance Microsoft showed at its launch. But Sony self corrected, believed in their 1st Party devs and by the end of the last gen had beaten Xbox 360 global sales. Think about that, with a 1.5 year head start, Sony still manged to pull it off. Then with the PS4, they are still doing the right things. No talk of making console exclusives multi-platform. They are run, by what I've always said, people who are passionate about gamers and gaming. Not business suits. Their choice of greenlighting certain titles shows that. Titles which Micrsoft would *never* greenlight, because it doesn't make money sense, but it makes games, gamer and gameplay sense. Demon's Souls is a classic example. No way on earth would Micrsoft have green lit that. Sony brought it to the masses and we now have Dark Souls and Bloodborne because of it and the gaming community is richer for those games seeing the light of day.

We can only hope that Phil Spencer and crew see the error of their ways.

I still say its coming This Year.