By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - America Needs Updated Infranstructure!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/02/11/donald-trump-rolls-into-south-carolina-as-his-supporters-shout-amen/

There are countries like China, Japan, Saudi Arabia and many more that have better infranstructure than in the United States. Asia has high speed trains and airports that outshine the ones here in the USA.

It is embarrassing!

As a person who takes the train everyday, I can relate to this. The train I take to Chicago moves at speeds around 30 MPH, the train cars are either cold or too warm. The toilets don't flush. The tickets are way too expensive. This is going to change folks!

Around the Network

Feel the Bern LOL ...

Geralt said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/02/11/donald-trump-rolls-into-south-carolina-as-his-supporters-shout-amen/

There are countries like China, Japan, Saudi Arabia and many more that have better infranstructure than in the United States. Asia has high speed trains and airports that outshine the ones here in the USA.

It is embarrassing!

As a person who takes the train everyday, I can relate to this. The train I take to Chicago moves at speeds around 30 MPH, the train cars are either cold or too warm. The toilets don't flush. The tickets are way too expensive. This is going to change folks!

so either you take the brown line (slow) and are lying about toliets because the el doesn't have them.

or you take the metra (which has toliets) and are lying about the 30mph part (at least being at all related to infrastructure, these trains are fast except in the pedestrian areas that have regulated speed limits for pedestrian safety) and lying abou the cold/warm bit because they are air conditioned in both summer and winter.

either way, a monthly pass is quite affordable.  i spend a lot less on the train than i did when driving between gas/tolls/parking/maintanance.

no internet infrastructure is shit in america.  i'll agree to that but chicago trains are pretty good.

You think you know the shit infrastructure? I was born in it, molded by it.

Well, if the American people are prepared to hold their representatives responsible and start demanding higher taxes and a reduced military, you could solve the infrastructure issues in ten years time. It's all about political will and how much pressure the people are prepared to put on the politicians.

Around the Network

Every few years the NYC metro keep raising the price. Currently it's $2.75 for a ride, that is almost $3.00. Almost 3 bucks just to get on a pubic bus/train while we still get the shitty service and shitty trains. All that coupled with high rent, price for living going up, all while the minimum wage staying the same. This is BS.

I remember when it used to be $1.50 back in 1999!

Bern for pres!

Oh and congratulations if you noticed the typo.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Puppyroach said:
Well, if the American people are prepared to hold their representatives responsible and start demanding higher taxes and a reduced military, you could solve the infrastructure issues in ten years time. It's all about political will and how much pressure the people are prepared to put on the politicians.

Which won't happen. Because out of 10 people in the room. 8 wouldn't know where their representatives are located. Or who they are.

deskpro2k3 said:
Almost 3 bucks just to get on a pubic bus/train while we still get the shitty service

Just pointing out the typo because of how well it fits with your description and tone

#1 Amb-ass-ador

Just raise the federal tax on gasoline, it's been 18.4 cents a gallon since 1993. Raise it to something like 50 cents and use the money to pay for roads and bridges.

ReimTime said:
deskpro2k3 said:
Almost 3 bucks just to get on a pubic bus/train while we still get the shitty service

Just pointing out the typo because of how well it fits with your description and tone

I didn't know you was one of those people.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5