By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - XboxOne loses many exclusive games again. Your thoughts?

Are you disappointed, Xbox-Console-Fans?

yes =( goodbye xbox1 261 34.52%

Yes of course!Damn Microsoft! 65 8.60%

A little bit 57 7.54%

I do not care 141 18.65%

I think..no.. 33 4.37%

No/exclusive games are not important to me. 46 6.08%

see results 153 20.24%

Total:756

Also personally, this is obviously good news since I have a powerful PC and will undoubtedly get Quantom Break eventually.

But it also decreases my motivation to buy an Xbox, which I have contemplated once the price reaches a certain point (200-250 Euros). Another game I'm very intrested in is Scalebound, and if that comes on PC I will be very happy, and it will make the purchase of an Xbox even less likely.

Now if only MS decided to release all new Halo games on PC. Yes, please!

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Slimebeast said:

Also personally, this is obviously good news since I have a powerful PC and will undoubtedly get Quantom Break eventually.

That's awesome news, Slime! I know we had talked about you beefin' up your rig, at some point!

Yes we did. PC is where it's at.

Your PC has at least one GTX Titan X I presume?

Seems to me like MS is realising that it's important to support all of your platforms and that PC is as important as concole. Indeed strategically PC is more important than console because MS still makes the vast majority of its profits from PC. And with PC sales dropping, one way to give PC sales a boost is games that are Microsoft exclusive. No linux, no MacOS, no Steambox. With an increasing amount of "PC" games being made available on non-Windows OSs there is a risk to MSs dominance of PC gaming, and hence a risk that people will migrate away from Windows in general. So, support PC with games that can only be played on a machine running a MS OS and you help to protect your brand.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Chazore said:
think-man said:

I said mainly mobas lol didn't say low end games. 

QB isn't really a low end Moba game though =P. Also playing on low isn't the best ideal experience.

I don't understand where you are coming from? I said i mainly play mobas does that mean i cant play anything else? 

ZyroXZ2 said:

I responded to a similar thread from another forum earlier, and while the topic discussion may not be a complete match, I feel my thoughts might still be worth something in this thread. Here's a copy-paste of my response to this news on that other forum:

There's no doubt still a "hate Microsoft" bandwagon in which the narrative for MS exclusives coming to PC is a "loss" and makes the Xbox One "not worth buying", but the vast majority of people who use this narrative neither own a PC capable of matching the graphical fidelity/performance of the Xbox One nor will even buy these games on PC anyway knowing that they're still supporting Microsoft as a result of their purchase.

The reality is that the current gen x86 consoles ARE budget PC gaming in a nutshell. And due to their mass production, no end-user will EVER build a more powerful gaming PC for $350. A common mistake is to just look at the CPU, GPU, and RAM and say, "look at how much better the components I can buy for $350 are!" while completely forgetting that to match what comes in the box of the console requires buying a PC case, a mouse and keyboard, Windows 10, internal components, etc. that all add up to well beyond $350 (not to mention a cheap headset if you want to match the Xbox One's pack-in like-for-like). When all is said and done, if someone doesn't have a gaming PC that matches or exceeds the performance of a gaming console, I will recommend the gaming console. Every. Single. Time.

On the PC side of gaming, if you wish to build something better than the consoles, then you're in business. PC gaming is no longer the budget friendly option (and in many ways, never was: it was an odd exception that last generation's HD console twins were matched if not exceeding the then-high-performance PCs), it's the option you go for because you want the best of the best. BUT, as a person with a beast of a gaming rig, therein lies another side of the argument against PC gaming: we spend all this money to get the top-notch gaming performance only to have our versions of games be marginally "upgraded" from their console versions. The excuse to go PC loses a major step here since these "better" versions are just a few bells and whistles thrown on. Developers are NOT going to give PC gamers the original release trailer for The Witcher 3 or The Division and give console gamers the latest, downgraded version.

In conclusion: yes, most people who simply knock the Xbox One simply because its exclusives come to PC are doing so simply for the sake of hating on Microsoft. There was NEVER a buying intention from these people to begin with. To people considering an Xbox One that are a bit more impressionable and affected by the "go PC" narrative of MS haters, it's a very simple question: does your PC exceed what the Xbox One can do? If not, then buy an Xbox One. By the time you're done upgrading or building a new PC, you'll have spent more money. If you're willing to spend even MORE money to get better graphics and performance, it sadly won't give you the night-and-day difference you deserve. If you can live with that, go PC.

Narrative implies fiction rather than fact, a game on multiple platforms reduces the need for the platforms that can play this game. The only way this isn't true is if you have significantly different versions and all that does is skew things even further rather than balance them. Even if you didn't have a PC or an XB1, its a fact that the game being on both platforms, saves you a choice from making either.

I think you overexaggerate the importance of graphical fidelity/performance on PC gaming, and I don't blame you the graphics/performance enthusiasts are a vocal minority. Especially when we consider this from a budgetary perspective, if you've got a medium spec PC, wouldn't it be cheaper to get a 60$ game Vs. 60$ game + 299$ console? It doesn't need to exceed graphical fidelity/performance, unless that's something the consumer cares about. 

The reason consoles are still a thing is because they hit that ever shrinking sweet spot of graphics/performance, price, and ease of use, and PC/Mobile is closing it in from all sides.

Yeah there is a hate bandwagon, but that doesn't mean legitmate concerns should be ignored, and hell all that does is inflate the bandwagon.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Chazore said:

I meant it's a site that has a PC gaming community. He said he hates PC gamers and PC gaming, I don't know why he is on a site if he's to interact with a group and platform he despises so much.

Let me tell you a secret but dont tell no one, there is people here , pc gamers that hate consoles too , and nintendo fans that hate sony !!! and sony fans that hate microsoft !!! etc...  In a gaming forum !!! Haters !!! Can you believe it ?

Absolute revelation right there but it still misses my point.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Is anyone else just stoked that they don't have to buy a new console for this?

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

As a gamer's point of view...... Why should we feel bad?
More people get to play = More people to talk about it with.

And if this is working for MS, then I think they are making the right choice.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Alot of fanboys might feel as if this is a blow to MS because one of there brands is losing out but one thing they dont realise is that buying QB is still supporting the Xbox gaming Devision and Remedy which deserves more then being locked away on a plastic box. Pity Sony or Nintendo dont care to much for there own inner companies. More sales leads to more profits. XB1 will still sell more units then the PC release just like history has always been

Apart from being just an Xbox Exclusive lets applaud MS for delivering great games into this industry. Quantum Break looks set to be one of the best games this year.

It has my wallet open. Well done.

I don't think it is fanboyish to be paused by news of Xbox One exclusives going multiplatform.

The issue at hand here is that the value of an Xbox One purchase is dropping. It has fewer exclusive games Microsoft can claim can only be found on XB1, or at least not on PS4. Then the games that they do have over PS4 are now available on PC. While this is probably a good thing for PC and MS profits, it undercuts the XB1 consumer. People buy consoles for experiences that they can't get elswhere, or at least attempt to consolidate all experiences in that one place. Contrary to Hardcore enthusiast rhetoric, most do not own multiple HD consoles. So it makes sense to want to have a console that satiate most if not all of your entertainment needs.

PS4 also shares many a game with PC,PS3, or Vita but the number that are not available for XB1 is huge in comparison. PS4 in reality allows you to play more games with just it, which is why it's value is strengthened by sharing exclusives with PC. Combine this with the fact PS4 has more full exclusive titles than Xbox One as well, it just becomes glarring for anyone looking for the cheapest and most efficient way to game.

This is similar to what is going on with PS Vita as well. Vita has a plethora of games but fewer and fewer that can actually only be found on the handheld. Almost everything on it is multiplatform which wouldn't be a big problem if it didn't share everything with consoles that people already have. It creates the question why does the consumer "NEED" the Vita?
In Retrospect, this is really just time repeating itself. My biggest fear about owning an Xbox has always been poor/lack of support or original experience. Xbox OG had quite a few games I was envious of but just as I was going to pull the trigger and get one, they axed it in light of x360. Then 360 had one series I was infatuated with, Mass Effect, but waiting proved to be fruitful because it eventually came to PS3. I am sure many gamers are put into similar predicaments when things like this happen, which is bad for the Xbox brand.

MS is publishing Quantum Break tho, they will get paid regardless. This is actually right in line with their new stance on gaming. It is about subscription to them as a brand rather than raw physical consumption. MS has gaming PC market relatively on lock. PC sales are more lucrative for each sale made.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)