By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Stop comparing Trump to Hitler

Trump isn't any kind of Hitler for one simple reason: he does not have what it takes to actually get into power. As he will demonstrate when he loses the presidential primary, probably spectacularly.

Also I really don't see him waging a vengeful war of conquest against other countries or sending millions of people to die in work camps. Trump is just an asshole who knows how to pander to the lowest common denominator, and will say anything to do so. It's easy to say things to exploit the fear of a large minority when you aren't a serious politician with a career.

Around the Network
hershel_layton said:
JWeinCom said:

The thing is though, a lot of his policies are in line with some of the things Hitler had done.

Often people compare others to Hitler as a sort of generic insult... but that's not the case here.  Scapegoating a certain groups, extreme xenophobia, labelling people by religion... those are things Hitler did.  

So, why shouldn't we compare?  

Can't argue against the beginning. However, I'll repeat myself like a broken record- his current actions aren't as bad as Hitler's. Yes, he can easily take the crown for "douche to start a World War". I'm not arguing against that. A businessman as president is unpredictable- hopefully we won't see that day come

If you can't argue against the begining, I don't know why you think a comparison is unjustified.

Comparing does not mean saying they are the same thing.  Comparing is pointing out how they're similar.  And if you're agreeing that certain policy positions are similar, then I can't understand why we shouldn't compare.

People sure do go great lengths to hate on people, even if it's people as notorious as Trump.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Tell me, how did Hitler start? He built up support by dehumanizing select group of people (gays, immigrants of different origins, especially the Jewish people, but not limited to them) he certainly did not stop his supporters from using violence, just like Trump.. This is not criticism coming only from the left,  this is just what it is, now accept it if you are one of his supporters... You may as well embrace the reality of it, because this is the direction he is going to take you and your country, first tag the Muslims, then if they complain too much put them in camps, then burn them or something, because our know they are not really people after all.. This is what you are advocating for... Stop acting as if there was one grain of reason behind wanting to rail up every body of a specific religion or ethnicity to "kick them out" 

What if all Muslims go to a baptism bit did not attend church and only prayed their god in secret? How would you track that? Or what if they just said they are agnostic now? Would you recommend torturing them to be sure they aren't believers anymore? Or what if they converted to Catholicism, went to church every Sunday, but in their head they secretly replaced all Jesus references to Mohamed? How would you know they are honest? 

What about those right wing extremists who seems to kill much more people than Muslims, mostly for political reasons, they threaten to take over public land by force? Why don't you think these are terrorist attacks? They do seem much more dangerous to me, rationally speaking at least...

JWeinCom said:
hershel_layton said:

Can't argue against the beginning. However, I'll repeat myself like a broken record- his current actions aren't as bad as Hitler's. Yes, he can easily take the crown for "douche to start a World War". I'm not arguing against that. A businessman as president is unpredictable- hopefully we won't see that day come

If you can't argue against the begining, I don't know why you think a comparison is unjustified.

Comparing does not mean saying they are the same thing.  Comparing is pointing out how they're similar.  And if you're agreeing that certain policy positions are similar, then I can't understand why we shouldn't compare.

You're right. It'd be redundant for me to go on if i already know I'm wrong to an extent.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Around the Network
hershel_layton said:
ratuscafoarterea said:

Just because OP is ignorant when it comes to the matter, doesn’t make you less of an ignorant yourself ….

So kicking people out of a country is worse than murdering millions of innocent civilians?

Problem is, when people compare him to Hitler, they're comparing him to Hitler before he came to power. Hitler didn't start off by killing a load of civilians, but he used the same stupid rhetoric Trump is using now against Muslims (or Mexicans depending on how the winds blowing that day) to get into power. 

There unfortunately are genuine comparisons that can be made to the rhetoric Hitler and the Nazi party used before they got into power. 

And unfortunately Hitler wasn't particularly unique. There have been numerous examples of dictators that have overseen murder, genocide and torture of innocent civilians since Hitler died. The lessons of history haven't been learnt. 

I agree. Such a comparison shows Hitler in a bad light!

*scnr*

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Not sure if its been posted, but:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/anne-franks-step-sister-says-donald-trump-is-acting-like-hitler-a6838531.html

I agree, he's more like stalin than hitler.... ;)

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

You have to pay attention in history class sometimes.

Own:Nes,Snes,N64,Gamecube,Wii,WiiU,Gameboy Pocket,Gameboy Advance SP,DS,DSi,3DS XL,Sega Genesis,Sega Dreamcast,PS1,PS2,PS3,PSP,PSVita and Xbox 360.

Looking to get: Original Xbox 

A significant portion of my soul died with the first "SMT X FE" footage reveal.

Add me on PSN: afnanthekooltrex 

Check out my YouTube channel:  

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzZ6P0251NWOf7WUTsHmw_Q