By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Aonuma on valuing feedback from Zelda fans

Well, he certainly took the feedback he got from Wind Waker, otherwise, we would have had another game like it. It was due to the western audiences not liking it that we got Twilight Princess. As for other games, well... I don't know. But I trust Aonuma when it comes to Zelda games. He did make Majora's Mask, which is my fav Zelda game, and he challenged Miyamoto as well multiple times when it came to making Zelda games. So yeah, keep it up Aonuma.

...Though I'm not too sure what he means by inserting ideologies into games...

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network
Cloudman said:
Well, he certainly took the feedback he got from Wind Waker, otherwise, we would have had another game like it. It was due to the western audiences not liking it that we got Twilight Princess. As for other games, well... I don't know. But I trust Aonuma when it comes to Zelda games. He did make Majora's Mask, which is my fav Zelda game, and he challenged Miyamoto as well multiple times when it came to making Zelda games. So yeah, keep it up Aonuma.

I think he want to say that he want to make only good game, without any intention to implant any sort of message/ideologie to players.

Cloudman said:

He means writing a narrative with a "moral" to the story.

Miyamotoo said:
Cloudman said:

I think he want to say that he want to make only good game, without any intention to implant any sort of message/ideologie to players.

That's kind of weird. Sometimes you can give really nice, cool, or interesting messages in games if done well, like never giving up and having courage. Though the same can be said about negative ones, like religion is bad and poor ways on how to romance people. xD

Point taken...

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

spemanig said:
Cloudman said:

Thanks Spem, I think I got it now. xD Though I'm kind of confused why that would be a bad thing. A lot of stories have morals or some kind of message to them.

Dance my pretties!

Around the Network
Cloudman said:
spemanig said:

Thanks Spem, I think I got it now. xD Though I'm kind of confused why that would be a bad thing. A lot of stories have morals or some kind of message to them.

Pretty sure he means he doesn't want to force his ideals into the game and onto the player. I think he's saying he doesn't want to influence the thinking of the player with his own way of thinking/ideologies. Then again I could be dead wrong.

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

uran10 said:
Cloudman said:

Pretty sure he means he doesn't want to force his ideals into the game and onto the player. I think he's saying he doesn't want to influence the thinking of the player with his own way of thinking/ideologies. Then again I could be dead wrong.

Yeah, seeing as he says he doesn't want to take responsibilities to  whatever influences people could have after finishing his games, I can see that.

Dance my pretties!

The only thing I want from Zelda is if they have a female protagonist I want that char. to be Zelda and not Linkle or any female version of Link

Aielyn said:
Pavolink said:

Very well Aonuma, take this message from a Zelda fan: of you are not competent enough to develop a good Zelda game in less than 5 years, it's time for you to think in another job.

It's worth pointing out that console Zelda games aren't the only games he has produced.

You mention in another post the gap between Wind Waker and Twilight Princess. Aside from the fact that the TP engine was a modified WW engine, and thus required less to create, you also have the fact that, between WW and TP, the only new internal Zelda title released was Four Swords Adventures, which was basically a porting of the engine from Four Swords for the GBA to the GC.

Between TP and SS, there was Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks, which were done in a whole new engine. And between SS and the next title, there has been Link Between Worlds and Triforce Heroes. In other words, they're taking a bit longer on mainline Zelda console titles because they're also making big handheld titles.

I'd much prefer they take their time. Nintendo were *going* to have Zelda released in 2015. They delayed it to make it bigger and better. Would you have rathered they push the game out quicker, and ignore the opportunities to improve it?

PH and ST were developed by a different team. Not the same as SS.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Skyward Sword took 5 years and it was a big disappointment.
For me this Zelda WiiU is kind of the breaking point. If it doesn't live up to the best in the series, Zelda games will stop being at the top of my most wanted list.

I didn't play A link Between Worlds, but the last one that left me a great impression was Minish cap, in 2004...