By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Aonuma on valuing feedback from Zelda fans

What is wring with Zelda taking 5 years?

Let's be honest here, if Wii U was selling 5x better it probably would have come out now.

May as well spend an extra year to make it better to coincide with the NX launch.

I don't know why people hate voice acting so much. Just give the user the option to turn it off or on, Why force one direction on us (as one of them isn't enough already lol). Give people the choice.

Around the Network
maxleresistant said:
LMU Uncle Alfred said:

You should really consider doing that.  ALBW was the best Zelda game since OoT imho.

I do consider it. I don't own a 3ds, there is not much game that interest me on this system. So if the handheld NX is retrocompatible, I will play those game on the NX, otherwise I'll get a really cheap 3DS and the few games I want to play.

U can get a used 2DS for like $70, it's not the best hardware design but if ur only interested in a few games than the 2DS is the way to go.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Pavolink said:
PH and ST were developed by a different team. Not the same as SS.

That doesn't affect my point at all. We were talking about Aonuma, not the games themselves. If you're going to assert that Aonuma is the key to how long it takes for Zelda games to get made, then you have to accept that his time is critical to how long it takes, and thus the fact that he is the producer on more titles should impact the time taken to make each game.

I'd like to have this game by the end of the year. Thanks in advance.

zorg1000 said:
maxleresistant said:

I do consider it. I don't own a 3ds, there is not much game that interest me on this system. So if the handheld NX is retrocompatible, I will play those game on the NX, otherwise I'll get a really cheap 3DS and the few games I want to play.

U can get a used 2DS for like $70, it's not the best hardware design but if ur only interested in a few games than the 2DS is the way to go.

That's probably what I'll do, but I'm interested in buying a portable NX, so I'm waiting for more news about that and then I'll make my decision.

Around the Network
Aielyn said:
Pavolink said:
PH and ST were developed by a different team. Not the same as SS.

That doesn't affect my point at all. We were talking about Aonuma, not the games themselves. If you're going to assert that Aonuma is the key to how long it takes for Zelda games to get made, then you have to accept that his time is critical to how long it takes, and thus the fact that he is the producer on more titles should impact the time taken to make each game.

Very good. Then we agree now that the problem is Aonuma.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Pavolink said:
Aielyn said:

Not at all. I don't have a problem with a 5 year gap between mainline console Zelda titles, because the handheld titles bring great innovation to the series, and the spinoffs that fill the remaining gaps are also great. If Zelda U was confidently going to be released in 2014, Hyrule Warriors probably wouldn't have been made, and I'm so glad that it was.

But more than that, I'm pointing out that, if you use YOUR logic, the longer delay for console titles is explained by the handheld titles, and if you don't, then it's not Aonuma's fault anyway.

Aielyn said:
Pavolink said:

Not at all. I don't have a problem with a 5 year gap between mainline console Zelda titles, because the handheld titles bring great innovation to the series, and the spinoffs that fill the remaining gaps are also great. If Zelda U was confidently going to be released in 2014, Hyrule Warriors probably wouldn't have been made, and I'm so glad that it was.

But more than that, I'm pointing out that, if you use YOUR logic, the longer delay for console titles is explained by the handheld titles, and if you don't, then it's not Aonuma's fault anyway.

ST and PH wasn't a problem to have SS ready to launch before the actual release date. It was the implementation of Motion Plus. And no, I will never prefer to have an spin off over a real core Zelda game that could have been done after the real game. If you don't have a problem, good, but some of us have and financially it is wrong to have an expensive project running so long and taking many resources.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Pavolink said:
ST and PH wasn't a problem to have SS ready to launch before the actual release date. It was the implementation of Motion Plus. And no, I will never prefer to have an spin off over a real core Zelda game that could have been done after the real game. If you don't have a problem, good, but some of us have and financially it is wrong to have an expensive project running so long and taking many resources.

Are you suggesting that the core Zelda titles haven't been worth the time and money spent on them? Really?

Because if you are, you have lost the right to have Link as your avatar.

Aielyn said:
Pavolink said:

I kind of agree with you. I think the mainline Zelda games should take all the time they want to make them perfect. The problem is if all that time is invested in the game, because I guess that Aonuma being a producer of almost all Zelda games might take him some time. I'd say that Nintendo make an entire team focused only on Zelda games, and then make several spin-offs like HW or Triforce Heroes. The problem with the long delays is that people are kind of bashing the spin-offs, even if they're not so bad. Similar with Federation Force. So, conclusion, Aonuma must focus only on the mainline console games, and leave the rest of them for another developers/team.