By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Digital Foundary tests Zelda: TP HD frame rate and technical side

Lol so a GameCube game has frame drops on the Wii U, this is nothing but a shameless cash grab. There should be no frame drops what so ever for a game ported from 2 gens ago. Makes you wonder if it was rushed to fill a gap. Zelda U delayed to 2017?

Around the Network
elektranine said:
Lol so a GameCube game has frame drops on the Wii U, this is nothing but a shameless cash grab. There should be no frame drops what so ever for a game ported from 2 gens ago. Makes you wonder if it was rushed to fill a gap. Zelda U delayed to 2017?

It only has minor framedrops on a specific area, that's not fair criticism at all, most games usually have dips in some places. And that GC game has a huge texture rework and a bump from 480p with black bars to 1080p, a few fps on a single area doesnt turn this on a unestable game.

elektranine said:

Eh, more like we Zelda fans keep buying everything, regardless of the effort put on it. Did you hear TH reach 1M copies sold? I'm part of the problem as I downloaded.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Volterra_90 said:

That's what bothers me. You have to be pretty blind to not see any improvement. There are improvements, that's a fact, and nobody can deny it. I see comments saying "this is shit, they look the same". What the fuck, man, it obviously doesn't look the same! XDD. People might think that the remake could have been better. Of course, I think the same. It could've been better. But it's not bad at all. 

People have been like this with all of the Zelda remakes/remasters.  Saw a lot of it with the Majora's Mask 3D remake (and people had huge issues with the word "remake").  People were saying how they didn't really upgrade at all between Majora's Mask and the 3D remake, which they preferred to call a port. 

Lmao at anyone trying to defend the frame drop by calling it "artistic choice". Jake and Daxter Remaster on Vita was mediocre, but most other remaster are 1080p and 60fps. NO EXCUSE why a nearly 2 gen ago game struggles with a 30fps. Such a beautiful game deserved at least 60 fps locked.

Make games, not war (that goes for ridiculous fanboys)

I may be the next Maelstorm or not, you be the judge http://videogamesgrow.blogspot.com/  hopefully I can be more of an asset than a fanboy to VGC hehe.

Around the Network

No dude just no. Regardless of artistic choice (hated windwaker, loved Majora) there is no reason why the Wii U cannot get a proper 1080p, 60 fps Zelda. The game itself I thought was beautiful and the action/exploring should be seamless in all aspects. The Wii U is more powerful than the ps360 and has put out absolute beauty (X). Admit when the dev got lazy and call it how it is. I got upset at jak and Daxter on vita and on ZOE on ps3 (despite lots going on screen, no excuse for those frame dips). We are talking about an over 2 gen ago game.

Make games, not war (that goes for ridiculous fanboys)

I may be the next Maelstorm or not, you be the judge http://videogamesgrow.blogspot.com/  hopefully I can be more of an asset than a fanboy to VGC hehe.

MDMAlliance said:
Volterra_90 said:

That's what bothers me. You have to be pretty blind to not see any improvement. There are improvements, that's a fact, and nobody can deny it. I see comments saying "this is shit, they look the same". What the fuck, man, it obviously doesn't look the same! XDD. People might think that the remake could have been better. Of course, I think the same. It could've been better. But it's not bad at all. 

People have been like this with all of the Zelda remakes/remasters.  Saw a lot of it with the Majora's Mask 3D remake (and people had huge issues with the word "remake").  People were saying how they didn't really upgrade at all between Majora's Mask and the 3D remake, which they preferred to call a port. 

I think we should lay the very high standards we have on Zelda U. I love this franchise, and I want to see it evolve and try new things, and I surely won't be forgiving with that game if it doesn't deliver because they promised things that I want to see in that game. TPHD is what it is, a remaster, and I think it's a fairly good one, and that's it. They didn't try to sell us the second coming of Christ or something like that. 

demonfox13 said:
Lmao at anyone trying to defend the frame drop by calling it "artistic choice". Jake and Daxter Remaster on Vita was mediocre, but most other remaster are 1080p and 60fps. NO EXCUSE why a nearly 2 gen ago game struggles with a 30fps. Such a beautiful game deserved at least 60 fps locked.

You might not like it, but it is an artistic choice, and it was an artistic choice since Wind Waker to emphasize the hit. That's not an opinion, that's a fact. And, yeah, some remasters are 1080p and 60 fps, but they barely touch anything besides that. I mean, I'm sure if they only bothered with high res, they could provide us an standard remaster and 60fps would be a given but they tried to rework and make some high res textures from scratch, improved shadows and illumination... so that affects game performance. And I'm still wondering what's so bad about this remaster comparing with others that came this gen for home consoles. Really, I thought the criticisms were fair, and I was the first person who criticized this remaster back then, when it was announced. But I think it's obvious that there was a great improvement on this particular remaster. You must notice that it's harder to bump a 480p game to 1080p than 720p to 1080p. I thought that was a given xDD. 

And, yeah, I was a big critic, and I'm wondering when was the time I become a defender XDDDDD. 

demonfox13 said:

I called it artistic choice because is a fucking artistic choice, the original has it, Digital Foundry says in that video "Is an artistic choice there is no real framedrop" , and you can see how the counter doesnt drop when they hit enemies, is that not enough for you? you havent even listened to the video.

demonfox13 said:

The game drops a frame or two at every sword hit to signify your attack actually hit something. Every modern Zelda does that and the article even explains how this works. How is that not artisic choice?

And also; Good, because it doesn't need an excuse.

In the end things turned out better than I expected (visually). Loved those reflections...

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won