By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - a NoA employee reaches out to Toby Fox (Undertale creator)

KLAMarine said:
I'd rather Undertale maintain its independence.

You do know the game is on a closed proprietary platform that can't be ported anywhere. Literally a whole new game would have to be developed and he can't program.... Not independent at all

Around the Network
elektranine said:
KLAMarine said:
I'd rather Undertale maintain its independence.

You do know the game is on a closed proprietary platform that can't be ported anywhere. Literally a whole new game would have to be developed and he can't program.... Not independent at all

That's the thing. Even if Tomy Fox wanted to bring Undertale to consoles, he would still need a lot of support from other devs to make it happen. If Nintendo wants to bring Undertale to their systems, they'll have to bring their own devs to remake the game on another engine. And after all, wouldn't that be working together with 3rd parties, something Nintendo fans really want from them? The same would be true for Sony and MS.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

JetSetter said:
Let the speculation commence!

But yeah this does look interesting. Hell maybe they will contract him to make another game in the same vein as the Mother series? But if I had to bet money my guess would be on getting Undertale onto Nintendo platforms.

It's there in black and white, Nintendo buying twitter!

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Curb your enthusiasm.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Undertale might come out on the NX, but I'm not sure about the WiiU.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network
AZWification said:

Undertale might come out on the NX, but I'm not sure about the WiiU.

Undertale is hot and popular now, who knows if it's going to keep trending for the next 6-12 months. It should come to current hardware, once it's there, an NX port will be easy.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

animegaming said:
Chazore said:
Well at least one of the big 3 are reaching out to the one small dev. He did mention in some other interview that it wouldn't work with Wii U since it would mean redesigning the game entirely, maybe Nintendo could finance and work with him on that and create some sort of foothold. The game more or less seems up Nintendo's alley anyway.

i think it would be hard to release on consoles in general UNDERTALE SPOILER AHEAD

the final boss will crash the game when he kills you so yeah that would require some to be changed and replace in order to make it work

Maybe they'll just reset you to the title screen instead :P

vivster said:
Nintendo wants to trademark Undertale!

and get a new tallent, while hes cheap to get :p

And unlike Minecraft... you know there will be more Undertales to come (or games like it).

People saying he isnt a gifted programmer.

Theres more to makeing games than writeing code.

He did well enough on undertale I would say.

Pretty interesting.. maybe a NX port?

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Guys I'm sorry to temper your hype but here is the straight from the Fox's mouth