By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Splatoon Sells 4m Copies

RolStoppable said:
Since The Order and Bloodborne combined were mentioned, I was reminded of that thread that asked which game would sell the most between Splatoon, The Order 1886 and Sunset Overdrive. In hindsight, that was a really silly question.

I consider myself a big supporter for Splatoon (I thought it would sell 2-3m if everything went right for it after the reaction it got during 2014's E3 Direct and its subsequent treehouse gameplay showings) but I never thought it would outsell Halo  5.  Regardless of how much Halo  5 is underperforming, I still think that's an amazing accomplishment.

I thought it would take two games before  the franchise came into its own and became a legit system seller but at this point it might have already outpaced Zelda (and at a fraction of its budget).

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Since The Order and Bloodborne combined were mentioned, I was reminded of that thread that asked which game would sell the most between Splatoon, The Order 1886 and Sunset Overdrive. In hindsight, that was a really silly question.

I remember that thread! Well, anything Splatoon-related before its launch is... you know.

OT: I was originally expecting Nintendo to report something like 3.5m, not this much. I guess this game never ceases to amaze us, right?

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

This is an incredible showing for a new IP. Looks like there's going to be a lot of Splatoon for years to come. Personally, I thought they did a great job of marketing it.

Dang, 4 mil and still going. Not bad at all for a new IP from Nin on probably their worst selling console. Overall their sales are good. Ninten's still got it when it comes to making software overall xD

Now if 3rd parties would just bring more of their games over...

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Well deserved!

Around the Network
Platina said:
Very good to hear

Hopefully they will have some more content coming like a level cap increase?

im not lvl 20 yet. i havent playedsplatooned since last august i think. I was just so busy with both xenoblade chronicle games, all the time and some smash bros ofc

Doesn't that mean it's done better than any exclusive on PS4 or Xbox One so far?

Locknuts said:
Doesn't that mean it's done better than any exclusive on PS4 or Xbox One so far?

We don't know halo5 numbers, that said I think it could be or at least only be behind a few games

Definitely deserved. I'm personally very excited for the sequel, just think of all the possibilities!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

BasilZero said:
Holy smokes.

I'll eat my crow.

I didnt expect the new IP to sell this well :O

I still need to get my own copy!

o: ...doesn't that make you a cannible, eating bird??? O:

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread