By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon US February monthly bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

A day after the Uncharted 4 bundle is announced... Xbox One is back to $299. And they are giving away a $30 gift card. Plus Ass Creed on disc and Forza Horizon 2.  This is getting crazy.

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:
jason1637 said:

Well yes i agree in most cases you wouldn't expect a new ip to outsell a bug series but it had a bigger userbase so it out sold it in the US but life time it didnt. Also i think uc4 will move a lot of ps4s WW and it will do pretty good here in the US but nothing really major.

Edit- i apologize for any mistakes in grammer/spelling since im using my phone.

It depends on how you define 'major'. We know that Star Wars sold over 1m bundles and I see no reason why UC4 wouldn't do the same, in fact, because of the many options Sony have with this bundle (and the vanilla bundle), I can see it steadily selling consoles all year:

UC4 LE Bundle
UC4 LE + TLOUR Bundle
UC4 LE + TLOUR + Uncharted Collection Bundle
UC4 Vanilla Bundle
UC4 Vanilla + TLOUR Bundle
UC4 Vanilla + TLOUR + Uncharted Collection Bundle
Naughty Dog LE + TLOUR + Uncharted Collection (for Christmas)

Well i could see unchartef 4 bundle(s) selling 1ml in a year with good legs.

Also i can see an uc4 le, uc4 white,and uc4+ collection bundles. I also think that sony is done bundleing the last of us.

jason1637 said:

Well i could see unchartef 4 bundle(s) selling 1ml in a year with good legs.

Also i can see an uc4 le, uc4 white,and uc4+ collection bundles. I also think that sony is done bundleing the last of us.

In my opinion, the only reason Sony stopped bundling TLOUR in with the console is because of PS+. At some point they clearly want to use TLOUR to drive PS+ subscriptions but I don't think they need to worry about adding it in later. What they should do is in December offer PS+ at a slightly cheaper price and add TLOUR in as a 'bonus for our loyal fans'. That will still drive sales of PS+ AND allow them to leverage the selling power of TLOUR up until that point.

The PS5 Exists. 

5 hours since last update:

#18 PS4 Black Ops 3 Bundle (same)
#32 PS4 Uncharted 4 LE Bundle (down 5)*
#38 XB1 Gears Bundle (up 2)
#62 N3DS Black (down 1)
#89 PS4 Fool's Edition (up 3)
#93 N3DSXL Fire Emblem Fate Bundle (down 6)

Does not affect this month (*)

The Gears Bundle is now $300 by the way.

The PS5 Exists. 

Shadow1980 said:
Here's today's update to the monthly and Week 1 rankings:

PS4 COD bundle: #26 (↓3)
XBO Gears bundle: #36 (↑2)
New 3DS XL: #53 (↓3)
N3DSXL Fire Emblem bundle: #58 (new entry)

Well, the Wii U didn't last long, but a new bundle for Fire Emblem Fates that is releasing later this month has appeared. Also, given how it's placing in the hourly charts, the Uncharted 4 bundle should start ranking very soon. However, it's a preorder so it won't count towards February NPD.

That Gears Bundle for $300 might have something to say about that. We'll see.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
Shadow1980 said:

Looks to be an Amazon-only deal. If it does last a while and puts the XBO ahead of the PS4 (hasn't happened yet), it could possibly make Amazon wrong for the first time in, well, ever.

It only has to be ahead of the Black Ops Bundle. This is what I was talking about with the possible cannibalization of PS4 sales because of the UC4 Bundle. Sony need to add another bundle or take an existing bundle and give it 'value'. I'd throw TLOUR in with the Black Ops 3 bundle just to keep them ticking over.

The PS5 Exists. 

jason1637 said:

Yeah but the thing is that the ps4 will probably have 5 million less consoles in the US by the time uc4 comes out compared to uc3, and uc3 came out during a holiday month so it got a bit of a extra sales. Hopefully that the heavy bundleing of the collection could introduce some new fans yo the series. 

Why didn't you use the same logic for your Halo 5 prediction? 

SWORDF1SH said:
jason1637 said:

Yeah but the thing is that the ps4 will probably have 5 million less consoles in the US by the time uc4 comes out compared to uc3, and uc3 came out during a holiday month so it got a bit of a extra sales. Hopefully that the heavy bundleing of the collection could introduce some new fans yo the series. 

Why didn't you use the same logic for your Halo 5 prediction? 

I did. Halo 3 and i think 2 had those sales with around the same userbase 

Though I would see what effect the $299 Xbox Bundle being emailed by Amazon is having on the hourly sales.

13.) PS4 CoD ↑
34.) XB1 ↑ ($50 off, +30 Gift Card)
39.) PS4 U ↓
54.) 3DS ↑
84,) 3DSXL FE ↑
88.) PS4 ↓
97.) XB1 ↑ ($33 off + $30 gift card)

Not quite the bump I was expecting after recieving that email....

3 hours since last update:

#13 PS4 Black Ops 3 Bundle (up 5)
#34 XB1 Gears Bundle (up 4)
#39 PS4 Uncharted 4 LE Bundle (down 7)*
#51 N3DS Black (up 11)
#84 N3DSXL Fire Emblem Fate Bundle (up 11)
#88 PS4 Fool's Edition (up 1)
#97 XB1 Three Game Bundle (re-entry)

Does not affect this month (*)

The PS5 Exists.