By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Did gamecube have good third party support? Also looking at it games it looks great

The Gamecube was incredible. It was the only one in the last three gens that had decent 3rd party support, even with some exclusives (timed or otherwise) and often had the best version of multiplat games because it had more power under the hood. I have very fond memories of playing the SSX games, The Simpsons Hit and Run and The Sims alongside my Nintendo games.

Around the Network

Gamecube really was something great. Many of it's third party games were either timed or full exclusive. The games also look AMAZING via component cable on HDTV(the cable goes for $250+ on Ebay now...).

I think i remember there's Star Wars Jedi Knight 2: Outcast for the GCN, if i'm mistaken.

N64 w/GameCube's third party support ... would've beat the Playstation IMO.

GameCube didn't have the top end Nintendo blockbusters or Rare and had too much a kiddy image whereas N64 had a more neutral image. And GoldenEye, which was COD before there was COD.

Third party support for GameCube was actually pretty good.

I think it was lacking a bit compared to consoles like the PS2 though, and Nintendo's mini DVD format certainly didn't help with maintaining good relationships.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Around the Network

N64 w/GameCube's third party support versus Playstation is a pretty interesting battle ...

Super Mario 64
GoldenEye + Perfect Dark
Zelda: OoT
Resident Evil exclusive
Tales of Symphonia
No game droughts because of a steady flow of 3rd party games

Vs.

Final Fantasy VII
Crash Bandicoot
Metal Gear Solid
Tekken

Honestly I think Nintendo would have the edge. Man the decision to go cartridge only for the N64 was soooooooooooooooo monumentally stupid and catastrophic.

I think it was pretty decent, though not the best that it could have been

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

There is no point in having "good" third part support. You need "full" third party support. Without FF and GTA, you only buy GCN for 1St party.

Not really. It did have some solid support from SEGA and Capcom, but that's about it. Not nearly as good as Wii, but way better than Wii U.

Tales of Symphonia

Eternal Darkness

RE 4

RE 0

Baten Kaitos