By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Did gamecube have good third party support? Also looking at it games it looks great

So I never owned a Nintendo Gamecube ever. Never really played one. All I hear is how good a console it was and how power wise it was closer to xbox rather then ps2. But anyway I was just searching GC in eBay and damnnn all I see is FIFA, Resident evil 0-4, Metal freaking gear solid, medal of honour, hit man, the list goes on and on. I sit here now thinking ( as a massive back them N64 fan) how did I incompletely ignore you back then and why? apart from not having GTA and max Payne?  I remember seeing GC for £79 I think and still i didn't bite. I even bought a Dreamcast back then. Nintendo, Gamecube, I'm sorry for my betrayal. Nintendo fans am I forgiven?

Seriously though Gamecube looks great I'm soooooo tempted to buy one right now! ( and I own ps4 xone and wii u, but sick off no split screen multiplayer)

Around the Network

Not great but miles better than Wii-U. It got destroyed by PS2 as far as support, but it still had sports games and other major titles like Soul Caliber and Resident Evil etc.

Ps I've got all the Wii u games Im interested in mow for split screen

The GameCube was secretly one of the most successful consoles Nintendo ever released based on software sold per hardware unit. I adored my GameCube and till this day remember the enjoyment of playing Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes, F-Zero, Super Smash, Wind Waker, and a title which demanded a squeal but it never came to the surface which was Freedom Fighters and the Advanced Wars 3rd person perspective title.

Come to think of it I still have all those games... My 5 year old will be getting a GameCube for his birthday now.

metroid prime, wind waker, twilight princess, smash melee, mario kart double dash, sonic heores and adventure battle 2, lego star wars, metal gear and mario tennis power.
man, how i loved my GC.
i loved it more than my ps2. I really only missed KH and GTA

Around the Network

It had the best 3rd party game parity with its competition for a Nintendo console since the SNES. Madden, Tony hawk, Prince of Persia, Soul Calibur, the Splinter Cell games... not to mention timed exclusives like RE4 and Viewtiful Joe and other great exclusives like REmake, RE0, and Twin Snakes.

Unfortunately, the support didn't last too long.

That generation in general was the only one where it really paid off to have all systems. The GameCube was the shit, the Xbox was the shit, and the ps2 was of course, the shit.

Yeah, I'd say it had some real good 3rd party games on the system, but it still didn't sell so well... Maybe it was the name and design that turned people away? Maybe people still had stars in their eyes after the success of the PS1 that the PS2 became their default choice in the next generation...

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Not only did it have great games but it had massive deals as well! I think 90% of my library was $20 or less including TTYD, F-Zero GX, Metroid Prime, and Pikmin 2!

Wait this was about third party lol. I did get SC II which was also $20 then too. 

Gamecube was the last good nintendo consoles for gamers. The last time I was proud to say out loud that I was a Nintendo fans was during the GC days. Wii and WiiU had it's gems, but overall if you are a gamer you just could'nt ben taken seriously if you gamed only on these consoles.

GC did lack many 3rd party games tho, but atleast it had I'd say around 70% what 3rd partys had to offer. Miles better that the 1% WiiU has.

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)