By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - On the topic of refugees

barneystinson69 said:
Zkuq said:
barneystinson69 said:

The refugee crisis is BS. Thank god Sweden and Germany are deporting most of these people. People who're desperate and need to actually be saved should be the only ones left. Adult men of fighting age shoould be fighting for their country, not making other die for it...

So you think people should be willing to die in conflicts, where the most prominent sides have power as their objective, and the ones that care for the people aren't doing too well, in addition to being divided and potentially having less honorable objectives? Or they could leave their homes for more peaceful countries with a chance for a decent life. I don't think you can tell anyone but more radical people to fight in that situation. It's hopeless.

That said, some of those refugees are assholes and should be thrown back where they came from. But the majority is OK as people. Taking them in is a challenge though, and needs solving. Personally I don't find throwing (almost) everyone back to war a humane solution though.

This may sound cruel, but "ok" isn't enough. These people aren't integrating, and are causing a mess! They don't want to contribute! They want to come and lay back on their feet and get spoon-fed! If these were refugee's, they'd be begging for scrap's of food, and would be looking to contribute to the country that helped them! Instead, they complain about everything, and don't appreciate the fact that these countries took them in!

I suppose you would have no trouble contributing in a country where you might not even know the alphabet, let alone the language. They aren't causing a mess, at least directly. There two things that could be called 'a mess': Goverment reactions, and the reactions of people. The first is because the goverments don't know what to do about the situation, and the latter is because everyone's screaming in panic and not assessing the situation in a rational fashion. Again, there are troublemakers, but they're a minority.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Ruler said: 

@ topic I will defeniatley vote the AFD in the next elections and recommend everyone in germany to do the same. Merkel is the worst chanchelor in german post-war history.

No, thanks. I won't vote the AFD and I have good reasons for it.

you cant vote here anyways aussie

Political correctness and thought-policing need to be thrown out the window. Censoring reports of migrants raping or sexually assaulting innocent women because of the fear of coming off as "racist" (which doesn't even make sense) is not only silly, but damaging.

But hey, as long as women keep an arm's length away from the immigrants, they won't get raped/sexually assaulted, right?

Right...?

Ruler said:
Lafiel said:
barneystinson69 said:

This may sound cruel, but "ok" isn't enough. These people aren't integrating, and are causing a mess! They don't want to contribute! They want to come and lay back on their feet and get spoon-fed! If these were refugee's, they'd be begging for scrap's of food, and would be looking to contribute to the country that helped them! Instead, they complain about everything, and don't appreciate the fact that these countries took them in!

so much for the fearmongering

in reality the laaarge majority of war refugees are very thankful and very willing to integrate/contribute in/to society

how? do you have polls for that? 

@ topic I will defeniatley vote the AFD in the next elections and recommend everyone in germany to do the same. Merkel is the worst chanchelor in german post-war history.

Why am I not surprised to see something like that coming from you. No wonder why I think you're currently one of the worst users on this forum.

Btw. I saw this reappearing on my Facebook feed today and it feels like a good time to share:

Zkuq said:
barneystinson69 said:
Zkuq said:
barneystinson69 said:

The refugee crisis is BS. Thank god Sweden and Germany are deporting most of these people. People who're desperate and need to actually be saved should be the only ones left. Adult men of fighting age shoould be fighting for their country, not making other die for it...

So you think people should be willing to die in conflicts, where the most prominent sides have power as their objective, and the ones that care for the people aren't doing too well, in addition to being divided and potentially having less honorable objectives? Or they could leave their homes for more peaceful countries with a chance for a decent life. I don't think you can tell anyone but more radical people to fight in that situation. It's hopeless.

That said, some of those refugees are assholes and should be thrown back where they came from. But the majority is OK as people. Taking them in is a challenge though, and needs solving. Personally I don't find throwing (almost) everyone back to war a humane solution though.

I suppose you would have no trouble contributing in a country where you might not even know the alphabet, let alone the language. They aren't causing a mess, at least directly. There two things that could be called 'a mess': Goverment reactions, and the reactions of people. The first is because the goverments don't know what to do about the situation, and the latter is because everyone's screaming in panic and not assessing the situation in a rational fashion. Again, there are troublemakers, but they're a minority.

So how about they learn the lanuage, assimilate, and respect that country's value's? Oh wait... that's "unfair". 

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Around the Network

Bottom line is this:
1. those few are the ones who should be taken care of for their crimes; their crimes should not effect the others who don't commit crime.
2. It's not the fault of the refugees that their countries were destabilized and impoverished. It is the fault of Americans and those institutions in Europe who supported the U.S.
3. No, we don't have to take in refugees, it is not our duty to do so. We do take in refugees because they're human beings like us, and we're helping them because we wish them to be better off. Unlike certain other sanctimonious and cowardly countries who express all the wish for things to improve for the people, but completely lack the courage to help.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

barneystinson69 said:
Lafiel said:
barneystinson69 said:

in reality the laaarge majority of war refugees are very thankful and very willing to integrate/contribute into/to society

So can you explain why many of these refugee's are causing violence and acting demanding. Give me a source that proves this, because if this was the case, Sweden and Germany wouldn't be deporting so many people...

many? Out of a million in Germany alone, there are only a few hundred or even thousand (if we even go that far) that are causing problems. That's still faaaar below 1% and thus below the ratio of remaining Nazis in Germany. (Judging by the votes the NPD got in 2013. Not even counting the other extremist parties of the right scene).

That's like saying that this site has many Oyua owners. Hilariously wrong.

Barozi said:
barneystinson69 said:
Lafiel said:
barneystinson69 said:

in reality the laaarge majority of war refugees are very thankful and very willing to integrate/contribute into/to society

So can you explain why many of these refugee's are causing violence and acting demanding. Give me a source that proves this, because if this was the case, Sweden and Germany wouldn't be deporting so many people...

many? Out of a million in Germany alone, there are only a few hundred or even thousand (if we even go that far) that are causing problems. That's still faaaar below 1% and thus below the ratio of remaining Nazis in Germany. (Judging by the votes the NPD got in 2013. Not even counting the other extremist parties of the right scene).

That's like saying that this site has many Oyua owners. Hilariously wrong.

Ummm... just new years in cologne alone was a disaster. 100s of rape's, and a city that was turned to hell. And your telling me they aren't causing problems? And the best part... the government tried to cover it up! So lets help these people, because white's are 2nd class now :D, and these women deserved it because these "refugee's" didn't like the way these women dressed.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

danielrdp said:
barneystinson69 said:
Zkuq said:
barneystinson69 said:

How do you know that that's the case? As far as I know there aren't many refugees in Canada.  

Certainly not yet. But everytime Canadian's took in refugee's, it ended up in disaster! The vietnemese street gangs in Vancouver! The somalian's in Ottawa! There are parts of those cities that you no longer would want to even walk through during the day thanks to our generousity!

Japan has a unique approach, apparently they turn away close to 99% of refugees, and check the status of any accepted refugees' home country so that they may send them back as soon as it is deemed safe.
*note* give me a few minutes to look for the source on ^^^that*

Thing is, this is probably in large part due to their population density; they don't have the room for refugees. Here in Canada, we do. Hopefully I can dispel a few myths and give a clear picture of our situation in regards to the refugee crisis. A lot of it will be rambling but hopefully somebody learns something.

The thing about Canadians, specifically Western Canadians like here in Alberta, is the blame for economic hits is frequently placed on those in power no matter - whose fault it actually is. For instance, Notley (Alberta democratic Premier) and Trudeau (Liberal Prime Minister of Canada) have been blamed numerous times for the oil crisis, and for all of the jobs that have been lost (by some, not all, Albertans). It isn't their fault though. Furthermore I think it is ironic that Albertans like complaining about those less fortunate than them (in reference to a generalised "oil patch worker" etc), saying that they are poor because they don't get off their butts and work - and that the "communist" Trudeau would take the money from hard working Albertans to give to lazy loafers. That statement on impoverished people is a big myth, and as maaaany are finding out with their recent lay-offs, it can be very hard to find a job in order to support your family when the odds aren't in your favor. A lot of hard work is involved and not much money is gained if you live in poverty. I pray that Trudeau turns our way to send Alberta assistance now that we are a have-not province, much like Alberta has consistently had their money given to other provinces in past years.

How will the refugees fare in the bible belt and Traditional-Conservative area of Canada where I reside? It is tough to say. I do believe they will be welcomed in the majority of our provinces, but Alberta and Saskatchewan are a little more traditional in their beliefs. Many Albertans will not like having refugees around, and especially will not like the premise of giving them economic support - and they will say that any and all money should be sent to our own citizens who are suffering unemployment. Well, many shot themselves in the foot with their excessive spending, thinking that oil would be around forever - but I do still feel sorry for them as fellow Canadians. Hopefully they learn humility. The boom in oil was never meant to last; many Canadians who moved to Fort Mac from the maritime provinces knew this and did not bring their families over with them. Others, namely young adults with High School diplomas, did not understand the situation so much and moved here; spending almost all of their pay cheques on big trucks and toys, starting young families with an unsustainable spending model. These are mainly the ones suffering now. How will they accept the refugees? I really don't know. A lot of people are mad at Notley for her economic platform which will run a deficit. More economic burden on the province will surely raise an uproar.

Saskatchewan has told Trudeau to slow down with bringing refugees over, and this isn't necessarily because we do not want the refugees - it is because preparation for taking them in takes time. Thankfully Trudeau has noted these requests and agreed that it isn't a matter to be rushed. It kind of sucks if you are a refugee wanting to get out of your current situation, but it is a necessary step to take.

To summarize, we certainly have the space to take in refugees, and I believe it is our duty to do so. Many westerners are not happy about it, as the recent oil crisis has caused unemployment and resentment as the unemployed believe they should receive the economic relief: "why bring in more mouths to feed when our own are in need of help?" Combine this with the election of a left-wing premier in Alberta (and a left-wing Prime Minister), and a lot of fingers are being pointed. All the remaining provinces will surely do their best to accommodate refugees, as long as they are not rushed over here there should not be too much trouble. We have a pretty secure dual-screening process that should be able to filter out any troublemakers.

One thing I would like to point out - and it may or may not be true - is that the spotlight will surely be on any refugee that is accepted into a country, and any poor action by any one of them will be reflected on the whole. It's not the right thing to do but it will happen, and the media will jump on it and monger fear. But how do the crime rates of refugees compare to the crime rates of existing citizens? What about the refugees who do not act out? I see one way of dealing with it. Deviant individuals will be deported. All the rest can stay.

#1 Amb-ass-ador