By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Macronix Claims NX Releasing This Year, They are Providing Memory Slots

RolStoppable said:
spemanig said:

Almost definitely. Still betting on digital only.

Will be great to see a physical storage medium being confirmed by Nintendo, then you'll finally stop with this.

It's simply too soon to go digital-only, nevermind the headaches with retailers (they would demand a significantly higher profit margin on hardware sales) and displaying NX in stores (a wall of games sells hardware better).

You two should make the bet official already.

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

Around the Network

Cartidges are faster than DVDs right?
Could nintendo go for a console next gen, that doesnt require a HDD? atleast not for physical games?
No long install times ect. Just put it in and play.

I hope memory cards mean SD cards or cartridges. I don't want expensive memory card on my handheld or console Nintendo!

jason1637 said:
ninjapirate42 said:
Bring on the actual announcement Nintendo! We know you're ready :O

Indeed but are the bodies of Nintendo fans ready?

If this is true there was a patent a few months ago.

Edit- http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=207269&page=1 thats the thread about the patent. If this patent is true that could mean the NX is actually a home console.

Patents pretty much never look the same then they arrive as product. In patent application nearly every possible use case is drawn out to cover everything. But more importantly: Nintendo wouldn't file patents for stuff in NX now, they would have done that two or three years ago.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

JRPGfan said:
Cartidges are faster than DVDs right?
Could nintendo go for a console next gen, that doesnt require a HDD? atleast not for physical games?
No long install times ect. Just put it in and play.

Solid state formats are faster and always have been, in thoery you don't need a HDD depending on what size cartridge they go for as it could accomodate patches and DLC but I imagine internal storage on the platform is preferred as with the former you're creating a limit on how big DLC and Patches can be.

Around the Network

ROM cartridges wouldn't be bad. To be honest proprietary memory cards aren't that bad as long as Nintendo isn't stupid and overcharges on them like Sony did on the Vita.

Memory cards gives Nintendo another stream of revenue which could mean a better base system since there would be more ways for them to make their money back.

Curious, but do the discs for 3DS games count as cartridges?

I really like how you don't need to worry about fingerprints, scratches, etc. Makes reselling way easier

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Miyamotoo said:
Ljink96 said:
By the time E3 arrives, we'll know everything about NX without Nintendo saying a word. Come on Nintendo, spill the shrooms.

But we still don't know anything, fact that Macronix is working NX memory does not saying much.

I was just saying, other companies and investors are saying more about NX than Nintendo is. And Nintendo isn't confirming it or denying it. It just seems kind of off to me.

Just announce the thing Nintendo. I really can't wait to see what the NX is.

Lol when you guys use google translate for info you will always get burned.

Even native speakers cannot directly translate this, lots of times companies will say things and the direct english translation will have nothing to do with what they actually meant to say.

They could mean their rom business is going to pickup and nintendo will be a smaller part of it

they be even talking about some vastly different project called NX that has nothing to do with nintendo

Unless an english statement is directly released by the company then not much can be said about it.

There has been many times where a asian company has released statements that were translated by native speakers and the resulting english translation was completely wrong due to cultural differences in the way people speak. Botton line you cannot translate non-european languages to english without being very careful to preserve the intent.