By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Witness is the first disappointment of 2016

Metacritic user reviews are about as low in quality as the average Youtube reviews.

Seems to have been really well received overall. Interested to hear how it has sold.

Around the Network
m0ney said:
Hello the metacritic user score right now is 6.5, it was 6.1 earlier today, what more proof do you need that this game is a letdown. Stop looking at corporate scores, it's 2016 not 1996.

lol, what's more useless than metacritic review scores?  Metacritics user scores.

Disappointment stems from expectations so I'd have to ask what expectations were? It is a hard core puzzle title with great visuals (from fidelity and artistic design perspective).

It is perfectly fine to dislike it or not enjoy it, but it delivers exactly what it marketing itself as and to fans of that style it seems to be received very well.

m0ney said:
Hello the metacritic user score right now is 6.5, it was 6.1 earlier today, what more proof do you need that this game is a letdown. Stop looking at corporate scores, it's 2016 not 1996.

Did you REALLY just use user scores for your argument? Where people LITERALLY go to give games 0's just for the fun of it? REALLY? Nah.....sorry you just lost credibility lol.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

I had low expectations to begin with knowing how pretentious the author is, Braid was way too difficult in its later stages for its own good.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

Around the Network
m0ney said:
I had low expectations to begin with knowing how pretentious the author is, Braid was way too difficult in its later stages for its own good.

And yet people loved Braid and Love The Witness.

The PS5 Exists. 

Ruler said:

the game is completley overpriced

this game right here is pretty much the same, has better graphics, is cheaper and has also a physical release

http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B0129K1TM6/ref=s9_simh_gw_p63_d0_i2?pf_rd_m=A3JWKAKR8XB7XF&pf_rd_s=desktop-1&pf_rd_r=01BEV1AQ8J7K5K673GY2&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=585296347&pf_rd_i=desktop

RolStoppable said:
Not surprised that a PS4 game is the first disappointment of the year 2016, because the Wii U won't see a release before March.

its more of a PC focused game 

the witness has much better critical reception.

the witness is a more visually appealing game.

talos principle's launch price was $10 more expensive than the witness' launch price.

m0ney said:

it was only too difficult for people not smart enough to use critical thinking to solve puzzles.  for the intelligent puzzle game crowd it was perfection.

You mean for autists it was perfection.

User moderated -RavenXtra

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

The only disappointment is $40 entry price for digital only title.
I'll wait for a physical release or sale.