By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Witness is the first disappointment of 2016

I'm enjoying it. The puzzles are difficult but don't try and do one area in one go, you will have to learn about how to solve the puzzles in different areas and come back. You literally have to explore the whole island before you learn all the rules to the puzzles. Invisible walls? The are wall to stop you going of the edge but that's about it and why is jump relevant to a puzzle game.
This game is extremely well made and beautiful to look at. After pumping about 20 hours I'm yet to see one bug.
Not everybody is going to like it but do you play many puzzle games because I'm not sure what you were expecting.

Around the Network

reviews have been glowing with a 90 meta average and the few bad reviews are upset that a puzzle game contains puzzles which is the stupidest criticism ever.

not at all a disappointment.

@OP: The game is currently sitting on a 9 out of 10 meta score right know on both, PS4 and PC

So I truly don't know what you are talking about.

PS4: www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/the-witness

PC: http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/the-witness

(Scores are subject to change, of course)

RolStoppable said:
Not surprised that a PS4 game is the first disappointment of the year 2016, because the Wii U won't see a release before March.

I swear your posts are pure GOLD. You sir are GOOD lol. I bow to greatness when I see it.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Well as far as I've seen from gameplay and heard from reviewers it isn't a game for everyone, probably you aren't one of those people that can enjoy the game...

Around the Network

the game is completley overpriced

this game right here is pretty much the same, has better graphics, is cheaper and has also a physical release

http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B0129K1TM6/ref=s9_simh_gw_p63_d0_i2?pf_rd_m=A3JWKAKR8XB7XF&pf_rd_s=desktop-1&pf_rd_r=01BEV1AQ8J7K5K673GY2&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=585296347&pf_rd_i=desktop

RolStoppable said:
Not surprised that a PS4 game is the first disappointment of the year 2016, because the Wii U won't see a release before March.

its more of a PC focused game 

Hello the metacritic user score right now is 6.5, it was 6.1 earlier today, what more proof do you need that this game is a letdown. Stop looking at corporate scores, it's 2016 not 1996.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

RolStoppable said:

If The Witness is a disappointment... then the PS4 must be in for some good times ahead.

Metacritic for it is 90%+, and the reason its not higher is some just dont like puzzle games

(has 2 scores in the 60s, that are troll/clickbait).

If you enjoy puzzle games this is probably about as good as it ever gets.

How there you question IGN 10/10s!!! Best game eva!!!!!! Which game are we talking about, btw?

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

GribbleGrunger said:
In your opinion.

+1

It is the first 90 Metascore of the year, i dont see the disappointment in that.