By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Would you quit Modern Gaming if its Digital Only?

Would you quite Modern Gaming if its Digital Only?

yes 197 44.57%

no 245 55.43%

Total:442

I wouldn't quit but I'd by a lot less games and wouldn't buy the short singleplayer games and look for games with longevity to get my moneys worth.

Around the Network

If you are used to buying games on Steam, then digital content on consoles shouldn't be any different. The downside is if there comes a day where your hardware were to fail, re-downloading/re-installing everything would take some time.

Personally for me, I wouldn't quit but I would buy less games unless they lower the prices if the future is gonna be digital only.

No I wouldnt, but the numbers of purchases that I would make would take an abysmal fall.But to be quite honest, I am not afraid at all of that happening.Not anytime soon at least, because even if digital takes up like 70% or even 80% of the market, there will always be physical releases of AAA titles, even if just for collectors edition

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

No, I already buy at least half of my games digital. It doesn't really affect my gaming experience and enjoyment.

Around the Network

I would continue under the condition that no game cost me over $15 out of pocket. It's just not worth paying for a license as opposed to buying physical, tangible ownership.

Would you please take the 5 fucking seconds needed to get the title of your thread correct?

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

No? I buy most of my games digitally already.

Also I fixed the thread title, it was 'quite' in need of editing.

Ruler said:

for me absolutley, if Sony, Nintendo and MS decide to make Digital Only hardware in the future then i am done with Mordern Gaming. I dont see the point why i should invest money into something which is dependent on these servers and linceses.

I much rather spent money on things i will be able to play even in 20 or 30 years from now on, no matter what. And its not only longevity but its also the fact that physical copies drop in price but they can increase in price as well. Even mordern retail games like the NA Devils third version becomes a collectors items @day1. Digital games can only go down and you cant resell them. Why should i spent 10-20$ for a 2D Indie game if i can buy SNES or PS1 games who do it better, are sometimes even cheaper and increase in value maybe?

The 8 Gen consoles biggest competitors isnt PC or Mobile but their previous console generations when it comes to my wallet. /rant

So if old games are good enough for you... why don't you stop buying and playing modern games right now? You can save a lot of money that way, it doesn't make sense for you to wait for the digital only era.

Probably not, but I would cetrainly spend a lot less. I wouldn't buy anything full price, just wait for the inevitable discount and/or bundle.

Also, I think digital-only systems would attract a lot of piracy. Just break any kind of Always online DRM, never connect your device to the internet, and you're set.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.