By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Would you quit Modern Gaming if its Digital Only?

Would you quite Modern Gaming if its Digital Only?

yes 197 44.57%

no 245 55.43%

Total:442

I would be disapointed if it goes all digital, but I guess I could handle it. As long as there's enough hard drive space to hold all of my digital games. Price discounts are helping digital game sales.

Around the Network
Ruler said:

yeah but your 360 wont work forever or the harddrive.

I don't see why the hard drive would break. I can always take it out, buy a new 360 and put it in. Also, I can back up the data of the hard drive, store it on my computer, then put it back on a fresh hard drive (Would lose the patches, but you don't need the patches to play the games).

I mean, I'd rather not do all that crap, but there's always the option, so I'm not down entirely on Digital-only.

Everyone would quit. At least for a few weeks until a game is released that they want to play.

Is this really an issue now? Mobile and PC gaming is already 100% digital. Only a matter of time until consoles follow.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Neodegenerate said:
Ruler said:
Neodegenerate said:
Ruler said:
Neodegenerate said:
No, I would continue to buy and play the games I enjoy regardless of the fact that it was 100% digital.

and i can do the same with previous Consoles and PC games. There are like 50 thousand or more of them

You can't get a PS4 exclusive that you would want to play through your method there.  Ultimately for me the method of purchase does not outweigh my desire to play the game.  For you it does.

yeah but physical only exclsuives are plenty avaible of them so whats your point?

Puppyroach said:
A great game doesn't become less great because it's digital, so why should that ever be a factor? Digital only can't come soon enough IMO.

dont you want more options?

Your question is would you quit if gaming was digital only.  You then went on to say that you would.  Now you are saying that you have physical options.  You wouldn't in the digital future.  That is my point.  You are contradicting yourself by saying that you would stay physical to buy the same games you would want in a digital only world.

no i am saying i much rather spent my money into older games which a lot of them are excluvley avaible only in physical form legally 

Are you confusing digital with DRM? As long as there is no DRM, a digital copy of a game acts exactly the same way as a physical copy. You don't have to be logged in to play a downloaded game on your console. You would need to log on if you wanted to play online of course, but that holds true for physical too.

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:
No, I'd be perfectly fine. Save us the trouble of lining up for physical copies.

Amazon exist you know. its even faster than downloading from the internet on Day 1 releases for a lot of people

I'm already almost 100% digital for PC games, so the answer is no, I wouldn't quit gaming.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

No...but I would be much more selective in my purchases.

vivster said:
Everyone would quit. At least for a few weeks until a game is released that they want to play.

Is this really an issue now? Mobile and PC gaming is already 100% digital. Only a matter of time until consoles follow.

I am not so dependent on the latest graphics as it used to be

Wright said:
Ruler said:

yeah but your 360 wont work forever or the harddrive.

I don't see why the hard drive would break. I can always take it out, buy a new 360 and put it in. Also, I can back up the data of the hard drive, store it on my computer, then put it back on a fresh hard drive (Would lose the patches, but you don't need the patches to play the games).

I mean, I'd rather not do all that crap, but there's always the option, so I'm not down entirely on Digital-only.

shit can happen you can lose everything in a fire and what not. But with physical copies there will always be the option avaible to you to rebuy and play these games again

I play games not disks.