By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Would you quit Modern Gaming if its Digital Only?

Would you quite Modern Gaming if its Digital Only?

yes 197 44.57%

no 245 55.43%

Total:442

On consoles, yes i would. On PC i'm cool since Steam and GOG offered copy backup HDD, instead of re-download.

Around the Network

If they stopped releasing physical games i would just get a PC and pirate evertything :)

I genuinely believe that 99% of people who claim they'd quit gaming if it went all digital are full of hot air and would continue gaming just as normal as soon as they were confronted the reality of such a melodramatic decision.

Now I'm not saying that any of you are full of hot air. I'm just saying that the odds are stacked against you.

I don't buy games digitally, so I guess that I'll either just stick with the older games with physical releases or pirate digital-only games.

Ruler said:
vivster said:
Everyone would quit. At least for a few weeks until a game is released that they want to play.

Is this really an issue now? Mobile and PC gaming is already 100% digital. Only a matter of time until consoles follow.

I am not so dependent on the latest graphics as it used to be

Who said anything about graphics?

People can't just "quit" gaming. If games do not come on discs anymore they will adapt as soon as they see something they like. You already buy a certain portion of games digital, so why not all?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
vivster said:
Everyone would quit.

Um, not everyone. Digital only can't come soon enough. Should have happened years ago, if you ask me.

I wouldn't care, I mostly get all my Xbone games digital, It's really just the next step in gaming.

No, this gen I bought a ton of digital games and I don't see the issue, sometimes is cheaper

I accidentally voted yes in the poll.

So for accuracy, - 1 for Yes and + 1 for No.

No, but I still prefer physical