By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I keep hearing fro people Bluetooth would be bad in terms of sound quality. Well, I myself use 400+ € headphones, my music player is an iPhone and I'm using Bluetooth. Bluetooth can mean bad quality, but only if you're using old standards. Todays Bluetooth is better than your 3,5mm analog audio port. There's this little fact that Bluetooth is digital while the 3,5mm jack is still analog. It is very outdated tech to be precise. When the battery on my headphones die, sure, I'll use a cable. But not 3,5mm, hell no. I'll use a lightning cable. Again, because it's digital. It does not only sound better, it also uses my headphone amp in a much better way.

I can see why people are turned off from removing the 3,5mm headphone jack. They are pissed because their existing headphones won't work anymore and they don't want to buy new ones. I also know that most people are just fine with the sound of cheap analog headphones and not everyone goes nuts about it like me. But still, the tech is outdated and someone has to make the first step into the future. Like always, it's Apple. They did things like this before, they remove stuff, people get angry about it, but it's forgotten pretty quickly. Remember how Apple removed Flash from all their devices? People were pissed! Turned out they did the right thing as Flash sucks balls.

Anyway, I'm sure there will be a lightning adapter for 3,5mm headphones.

About thin devices: Numbers don't lie, it's obviously what the market wants.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Around the Network
wilson12 said:
FAIRMONT HOTEL EMPLOYMENT OFFICE

Following the receival of your interest regarding our job offer. We
will like to let you know that the advantages attached to this job are
very numerous.
we are happy to let you know that you have been listed as a potential
worker for Fairmont Hotel and we will need just further
confirmation to finally know if we will accept you fully or not.
we will be needing you to answer the following questions and get back
to us as soon as possible.

*Do you have a valid passport?

*Are you married and with kids if yes what number?

*Do you have any addict?

*How soon will you like to start work?

*Do you smoke?

*Do you have any strong drug habits?

*Do have have any particular disabilities?

*Do you drink often or occasionally?

*What is your highest educational attainment?

*Do you have driving licence ?

*What is your current salary package?

*What is your religion?

*What is your required salary from the hotel?

*What is your present location?

*Do you have Skype ?................if yes,give the name ...................

*Which position will you require to work in(using the very first email
as your reference)?

AS SOON AS WE RECEIVE THE ANSWERS TO THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS WE WILL
BEGIN PROCESSING THE NECESSARY DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR YOUR TRAVEL THAT
IS IF YOUR ANSWERS MEET UP WITH WHAT WE EXPECT,WE WILL BE FORWARDING
YOU OUR JOB CONTRACT FORM FOR CONFIRMATION WITH OUR VARIOUS TERMS.

Spambot...

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

barneystinson69 said:
[...]

Sound quality is also shit on bluetooth. #Wiredmasterrace

Try Bluetooth 4.2. With 800 kb/s you can stream FLAC or ALAC without any loss whatsoever. 

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

barneystinson69 said:
vivster said:
iLikeEggs said:
I only have an iphone because all of my friends do, but if they ever remove the headphone jack, then I will be switching to a different brand. My phone is my portable music player. I need the jack. Such a stupid decision, imo.

Please join the bluetooth masterrace. No stupid cables ftw.

So how exactly do I use earbuds? 

I use proper headphones. I can recommend the Sony MDR1RBT but there are a couple more really good ones. There are also some bluetooth earbuds but I haven't tried them yet.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

You will be easily getting nice Lightning connector headphones. Which you then can use on your great Apple devices.
That Macbook 'keyboard' is another story. I'd probably prefer typing on a surface pro typecover...

P.S.: Until now decent bluetooth headphones are way more expensive than they're wired versions and always sound worse, though not neccessarily bad.

Around the Network
Snoopy said:
Apple hate yay. Hate on more American companies.

Which outsources its labor to China. Who gives a f%#k lol?

OdinHades said:
I keep hearing fro people Bluetooth would be bad in terms of sound quality. Well, I myself use 400+ € headphones, my music player is an iPhone and I'm using Bluetooth. Bluetooth can mean bad quality, but only if you're using old standards. Todays Bluetooth is better than your 3,5mm analog audio port. There's this little fact that Bluetooth is digital while the 3,5mm jack is still analog. It is very outdated tech to be precise. When the battery on my headphones die, sure, I'll use a cable. But not 3,5mm, hell no. I'll use a lightning cable...

Stopped reading at lightning cable.

I really can't stand unnecessary propreitary shit...

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

binary solo said:
hershel_layton said:

What's that? I don't recognise that as any product currently on the market, and AFAIK Apple isn't due for a new phone design until iPhone 7 towards the end of the year.

Didn't Jobs himself set the tone for striving for thinness and perceptions of thinness in Apple's portable product designs?

The first thing that should be said is that Apple never confirmed they're getting rid of the jack. That's a rumor that may or may not be true.

The second this is yes, Steve Jobs did set that tone and had he been at Apple today, he would have made the iPhone 6s even thinner. This trend he set actually started with the original Macintosh. He insisted on it being much smaller than other computers at the time and the engineers had to work to make such a computer possible. At NeXT, he insisted on making his computer a cube with perfect 90 degree angles, whereas most computers at the time had a pizzabox design. This required more enginerring magic and it was frustrating for the manufactuers to pull this off since they had to figure out how to remove something with perfect 90 angles from a mold. During his secodn run at Apple, when flatscreens became financially viable, he immediately made the switch. When the designers and engineers were designing iPod models, he would take the prototype and drop it in soem water. If he saw bubbles, he would tell them there's still room, make it thinner. The Macbook Air was also something he was proud of.

That was something Steve believed. Thinner was better. Fewer buttons were better. Simplicity was the key. Having something that was thick and littered with buttons was distracting and not Zen-like.

Check out my art blog: http://jon-erich-art.blogspot.com

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
OdinHades said:
I keep hearing fro people Bluetooth would be bad in terms of sound quality. Well, I myself use 400+ € headphones, my music player is an iPhone and I'm using Bluetooth. Bluetooth can mean bad quality, but only if you're using old standards. Todays Bluetooth is better than your 3,5mm analog audio port. There's this little fact that Bluetooth is digital while the 3,5mm jack is still analog. It is very outdated tech to be precise. When the battery on my headphones die, sure, I'll use a cable. But not 3,5mm, hell no. I'll use a lightning cable...

Stopped reading at lightning cable.

I really can't stand unnecessary propreitary shit...

You can replace Lightning with USB if you wish. But since I am an iPhone user, I use lightning.

There is practical thin and there is "how much battery do we need before people will revolt against this BS" thin.