By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Mr_No said:
Welcome to the future... where audio devices will be wireless. Now your music will sound crappier on your ridiculously expensive Bluetooth headphones connected to your Bluetooth-only device. Cables? That is so 1900's.

It's sort of sad for me to think of a future bringing technology which is worse than what we currently have, in terms of both usability and quality of sound. I'm not a audiophile, use either a set of Ministry of Sound MOS006 for on the bus or... near any people I want to not hear and a set of Sennheiser PX100 collapsable ones if I want clearer sound but slightly less... ear bleedy! Still tho, in comparison to blue tooth sets I've tried which have been 3x and 4x the price I got mine for, the clarity of the Sennheiser and the sheer volume of the Ministry pair can't be beaten not to mention of course the lack of interference potential from 3.5mm jack and not having to worry about charging my headphones seperately.

Also when it comes to bluetooth headphones having no cable, the Ministry of sound set I have come with a jack at both ends, so yeah if I'm walking into a job I can just as handily pull the cable from the headset and put the cable in my pocket or the PX100 pair fold into a case no bigger than a glass's case. convience need not cost every bit of quality and definitely does not need to cost €200+ :< that's just clueless buying imo.

So tiny!

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network

Apple hasn't made anything new since Steve jobs was around. All Tim is doing is making existing products thinner. Big deal. Their iPads and macs don't sell anywhere close to what iPhone does so if iPhone ever stops being popular, they could be in serious trouble. Especially since iPhone does like over half their entire revenue I heard.
Not to mention their stock has been falling in recent days.

While members of my family use apple products, I will never use apple products again. I prefer PC so damn much over that overrated garbage. As for iPhone's...well I don't even own smartphones. I always found the design of apple to be annoying more than anything. It's no surprise they sacrifice comfort or function over a more sleek and marketable look. That's a big reason i don't like their products. Their constant micro-"evolution" and rebranding is mostly BS to resell the same product.

iLikeEggs said:
vivster said:
iLikeEggs said:
I only have an iphone because all of my friends do, but if they ever remove the headphone jack, then I will be switching to a different brand. My phone is my portable music player. I need the jack. Such a stupid decision, imo.

Please join the bluetooth masterrace. No stupid cables ftw.

My car only has an auxillary cable, no bluetooth capabilities. THis past summer, I drove from the east coast to the west coast (USA). If my phone did not have the headphone jack, I would not have had a 40 hour steady stream of tunes.  I need music while driving, thus I need the jack. 

Looks like you need a new car.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

hershel_layton said:
UncleScrooge said:
Other phones and notebooks also get thinner. Why do we have this discussion every single year? When the iPhone 5 released people said the same thing. Today, Android phones are thinner than the iPhone 5 and nobody complains. I just don't get it. You can bet your house the next wave of high end Android smartphones will be thinner than the iPhone 6. And if Apple drops the headphone jack they'll bundle the iPhone with bluetooth earbuds. (btw, if they do that it would also help to make the next iPhone waterproof).

The Macbook is definitely overkill but that's just one product. There's still Macbook Air and Macbook Pro. You can't stay still in this day and age. Other manufacturers do the same thing.

Samsung's A8 phone is thinner than the iphone, but is has a 3,480 mAh battery. Its specs may not be as good, but how is that possible? 

I don't know. All I know is that my iPhone 6 Plus lasts me 3 days on a single charge, 4 days if I activate battery save mode. That's perfectly fine to me. You can't just look at battery size, designing a smartphone means balancing different features in a way consumers appreciate it. Apparently Apple hits the nail on the head with its products. 

Around the Network
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
UncleScrooge said:
Other phones and notebooks also get thinner. Why do we have this discussion every single year? When the iPhone 5 released people said the same thing. Today, Android phones are thinner than the iPhone 5 and nobody complains. I just don't get it. You can bet your house the next wave of high end Android smartphones will be thinner than the iPhone 6. And if Apple drops the headphone jack they'll bundle the iPhone with bluetooth earbuds. (btw, if they do that it would also help to make the next iPhone waterproof).

The Macbook is definitely overkill but that's just one product. There's still Macbook Air and Macbook Pro. You can't stay still in this day and age. Other manufacturers do the same thing.

Thinner for the sake of pure thinnest especially at the cost of other practical concerns rather than utility is insanity and a step backwards.

I agree. But that's not what Apple does. Apple produces high end smartphones. They need to have one of the thinnest, fastest, etc. phones to keep their customers. 

UncleScrooge said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
UncleScrooge said:

Thinner for the sake of pure thinnest especially at the cost of other practical concerns rather than utility is insanity and a step backwards.

I agree. But that's not what Apple does. Apple produces high end smartphones. They need to have one of the thinnest, fastest, etc. phones to keep their customers. 

Its gotten to the point were its unconfortable to hold. The 4s really felt perfect, and it was the last phone Steve Jobs was alive to see. The 6s has poor battery life, and is far les powerful than it otherwise could have been.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

vivster said:
iLikeEggs said:
vivster said:
iLikeEggs said:
I only have an iphone because all of my friends do, but if they ever remove the headphone jack, then I will be switching to a different brand. My phone is my portable music player. I need the jack. Such a stupid decision, imo.

My car only has an auxillary cable, no bluetooth capabilities. THis past summer, I drove from the east coast to the west coast (USA). If my phone did not have the headphone jack, I would not have had a 40 hour steady stream of tunes.  I need music while driving, thus I need the jack. 

or just a new sound system. You can buy a new sound system with all of those capabilities for pretty cheap. Follow some youtube vids for install. 

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

UncleScrooge said:

I complain. My M4 isn't very confortable to hold, to wide and thin. Preffer thicker with more baterry life and keep more buttons and I/O to have flexibility

UncleScrooge said:
hershel_layton said:

Samsung's A8 phone is thinner than the iphone, but is has a 3,480 mAh battery. Its specs may not be as good, but how is that possible? 

I don't know. All I know is that my iPhone 6 Plus lasts me 3 days on a single charge, 4 days if I activate battery save mode. That's perfectly fine to me. You can't just look at battery size, designing a smartphone means balancing different features in a way consumers appreciate it. Apparently Apple hits the nail on the head with its products. 

You must be a magician, liar or very light user. Because I haven't found a smartphone that survives 12h of very heavy usage.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

vivster said:
iLikeEggs said:
vivster said:
iLikeEggs said:

Haha wow. I'm willing to bet Apple can do no wrong in your eyes.