By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

What in actual hell is wrong with Apple? Do they have a fetish for making everything so thin?

Holding the Iphone 6s is extremely uncomfortable. While the Note 5 is also thin, it makes up for it with a wide screen. The Iphone's screen isn't, so it makes holding it extremely uncomfortable.

Not only that, but so much potential is wasted. Now they're trying to remove the headphone jack for a thinner phone. They could add a better battery, but nope! Gotta make their phones as thin as a sheet of paper.

Unfortunately, not even the Macs can survive the fetish for skinny products.

The 2015 macbook had a goal of being extremely light and thin. It did well with that, but a few problems.

ITS PROCESSOR WAS ONLY 1.3 GHz. How is that acceptable! I wouldn't even dare to buy a 2.0 GHz processor, let alone 1.3!

Also, the keyboard was horrendous. I had to return it after a week. Simply unacceptable.

You know how most keyboards give a click when you press on it(some with quiet clicks, others with loud clicks)? Well, Apple's gives close to no sound. It feels like typing on a iPad. It is extremely difficult to type on this, especially if you're a fast typer who relies on the body of the keyboards.

Last example is this.

WHAT IS THIS?

WHY?!

I thought Apple strived for beauty! A Nokia looks better than this junk!

If Steve Jobs saw this as an idea, he would've beaten the hell out of the worker.

How did this get approved?

HOW DID PEOPLE BUY THIS?!

Dammit Steve, we miss you! Why'd you have to get cancer?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Around the Network

Apple hate yay. Hate on more American companies.

hershel_layton said:

What's that? I don't recognise that as any product currently on the market, and AFAIK Apple isn't due for a new phone design until iPhone 7 towards the end of the year.

Didn't Jobs himself set the tone for striving for thinness and perceptions of thinness in Apple's portable product designs?

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

binary solo said:
hershel_layton said:

What's that? I don't recognise that as any product currently on the market, and AFAIK Apple isn't due for a new phone design until iPhone 7 towards the end of the year.

Didn't Jobs himself set the tone for striving for thinness and perceptions of thinness in Apple's portable product designs?

That, my dear friend, is the extra battery pack (or whatever you want to call it) for the Iphone 6.

Snoopy said:
Apple hate yay. Hate on more American companies.

What is that supposed to mean?

Apple has lost innovation. Simple. I don't like them as much anymore.

Same thing, more power, thinner, more expensive. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Around the Network

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=210836&page=1

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=210836&page=1

I was about to mention this.

The fact that they're willing to change out one of the most important ports of almost any device just to make the device thinner is pretty crazy if you ask me.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

I only have an iphone because all of my friends do, but if they ever remove the headphone jack, then I will be switching to a different brand. My phone is my portable music player. I need the jack. Such a stupid decision, imo.

Hi

I agree. WTF is with thiness? I want functionality, not thin! Idiots...

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

iLikeEggs said:
I only have an iphone because all of my friends do, but if they ever remove the headphone jack, then I will be switching to a different brand. My phone is my portable music player. I need the jack. Such a stupid decision, imo.

Please join the bluetooth masterrace. No stupid cables ftw.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.