By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Danish teen fought off her attacker - now she'll face fine. A 17-year-old girl who was physically and sexually attacked in Sønderborg will herself face charges for being in possession of Pepper spay,

Let her get permission for carrying a gun and buy her a handgun, that's what I would do.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

Around the Network
Miguel_Zorro said:
I imagine she'll be "pardoned" at this point, given the international backlash. You'll shortly see a bill in Danish parliament to unban pepper spray.

Or to restrict it in some way. Like only two seconds of  spraying into the eyes, or fully spray one eye only.

spurgeonryan said:
FromDK said:

I have not read into this.. but think about it..

a 17 year old girl.. in some state of chok.. being ask by a policeman what happend.. most will not lie (and like i said.. its almost not a crime)

Also sounds like one of those random laws that not many know about. I think I remember as a kid that some knives are illegal in the United States, but I cannot remember which ones. Also it it illegal to have in your possession or is it illegal to buy as well? Some could buy it and just not realize it is illegal I imagine. Again, in some areas of America you can buy drug para...phanil..ia?, but you cannot have it in your possession. Something like that.

Its illigal to sell and own.. (and all danes know this.. becourse of it beeing discussed in the media many times.. and some years ago a big politicans got a fine becourse she said she had one)  Also all type of knives is illigal in the nightlife.. and if you carry a knives in daytime.. you should have a good reason.. (could be hunting or fishing.. or kitchen knives in packing)

But carring a peperspray is a very litle "crime" where carring a knives is a bigger crime and you can get some weeks of jail time (not first time.. that will also just be a fine)

Gotta throw in the "refugee" reference to get that media air time lol.

FromDK said:

And if the man is to strong/evil.. "wait" it out and call police after.

lol, so i was right.

She should be more progressive and let some random monkey rape her, yup.

Around the Network
Valdath said:
FromDK said:

And if the man is to strong/evil.. "wait" it out and call police after.

lol, so i was right.

She should be more progressive and let some random monkey rape her, yup.

Yyyyep. Let's ignore the trauma and long-term repercussions from rapes because clearly, that is the more logical solution ...

Chazore said:
That sounds completely backwards, I mean the whole "you cannot defend yourself with any sort of object" kind of law. Then again the UK if someone tries to burgle you and you try killing or maiming them then they can sue you which again sounds backwards because you are the one at danger and being invaded.

With that it's different if you knock the guy out he's no longer get a threat then the police come. If you tie him up and torture him or hold him at gun point and shoot when he's still and unarmed he's no longer a threat then it's no longer defence.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

ArchangelMadzz said:

With that it's different if you knock the guy out he's no longer get a threat then the police come. If you tie him up and torture him or hold him at gun point and shoot when he's still and unarmed he's no longer a threat then it's no longer defence.

It's not really fair when they come into your house completely uninvited with intend to rob and at times intent to take your life, the moment they enter without your consent or the desire to kill you should forfeit their life, the act of trying to be fair to them shows that the system is warped ebcause in the old days when you robbed you got punished, when you killed, often you would be put to death, these days the justice system has warped itself in such a way that someone who kills more than 5-10 people can often live their entire life in prison or even get parole and connect back with society despite the lives they took. You cannot say to me with a straight face that the justice/law system is absolutely just and perfect because it honestly sin't in various ways.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

sc94597 said:

Why exactly is pepper spray illegal in the first place? How many violent crimes are commited with pepper spray in places it is legal? What exactly does the Danish government recommend a woman to do if she is being raped/assaulted and nobody is around?

A goverment deals with statistics not individual situations, because that's how you help the most people. If pepper spray being legal leads to more incidents where it's used as a weapon and permanently damages people than it leads to saving people, you have to make a judgement based on that.

I could just as easily ask you what the US goverment recommends doing if some asshole decides to pepper spray you into blindness because of a personal dispute.

I LOVE ICELAND!

Chazore said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

It's not really fair when they come into your house completely uninvited with intend to rob and at times intent to take your life, the moment they enter without your consent or the desire to kill you should forfeit their life, the act of trying to be fair to them shows that the system is warped ebcause in the old days when you robbed you got punished, when you killed, often you would be put to death, these days the justice system has warped itself in such a way that someone who kills more than 5-10 people can often live their entire life in prison or even get parole and connect back with society despite the lives they took. You cannot say to me with a straight face that the justice/law system is absolutely just and perfect because it honestly sin't in various ways.

999 time out of 1000 they're there to steal. You're allowed to use as much force as they use, that'd the usual self defence law. So if someone's stealing you're stuff and you attack and stop him, or if he attacks you and you beat the shit out of him that's fine. If he shoots you and you shoot him back that's fine. 

But if you've used the same force and elimated the threat they posed you cannot execute them. Or tie them up and hack their limbs off.

It's the same on the street if a guy pushes you, that's assault you can push or hit back but if you beat him within an inch of his life or hospitalise him from a push that's excessive force and you'll be charged.

Edit; who said the law is perfect? If the law was perfect new laws would never happen.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'