By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - [Prediction] Retro Studios' Game Is Going To Be A Launch Window Title for Nintendo's Next Console

NoirSon said:

Despite their talent and success I get the feeling Nintendo really doesn't know what to do with them due to internal politics and cultural issues.

This.

The way Nintendo has handled Retro this generation is like if Sony put Naughty Dog onto making Modnation Racers 2 instead of Uncharted 4.

At this point I'm fairly sure Retro's next project will be another E-rated cartoon game, instead of anything that leverages their less EAD-esque capabilities.

Around the Network

Doesn't matter to me. I'll own a Wii U at least until the NX comes out (if not a decade after it lol) so I'll be able to play it regardless. I also own a N3ds. Nintendo fanboy.

I agree, either launch window or withing first 9 months.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Luke888 said:
Gamemaster87 said:
Nah... Retro's next game will be a Wii U game. Just wait and see.

wanna bet ?

Soooo, do you really think Retro's next game won't launch before the end of 2017? No, just no. It will clearly launch before the end of 2017. So, there's only the Wii U where it could be launched on. 

It does make a lot of sense, and hopefully that is the case

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network
Gamemaster87 said:
Luke888 said:

wanna bet ?

Soooo, do you really think Retro's next game won't launch before the end of 2017? No, just no. It will clearly launch before the end of 2017. So, there's only the Wii U where it could be launched on. 

It took Retro more than three years after DKCR to release Tropical Freeze, and that was a fairly simple 2D platformer without advanced graphics.

Their latest project hasn't even been announced yet, and there is no guarantee NX is a 2017 thing, it could arrive this year.

The odds of their new game being a Wii U title are slim.

curl-6 said:
Gamemaster87 said:
Luke888 said:

wanna bet ?

It took Retro more than three years after DKCR to release Tropical Freeze, and that was a fairly simple 2D platformer without advanced graphics.

Their latest project hasn't even been announced yet, and there is no guarantee NX is a 2017 thing, it could arrive this year.

First, I think Tropical Freeze was finished way earlier. Nintendo said they delayed it to February 2014 to enhance the gaming experience but I think they delayed it to fill the Spring until Mario Kart arrived. So, I think it took them almost exactly 3 years.

Second, they have worked on Mario Kart 7 with EAD in between.

Third, it took them some time to collect Wii U experience. Now they are experienced and could develop a Wii U game faster.

Fourth, if it's a DK game: the assets and engine is now already on Wii U.

Fifth, they started working on a new game in late 2013. By that time it was definitely a Wii U game (or 3DS game).

Sixth, everything points to 2017 launch of NX.

I give it about a month after Zelda X

Gamemaster87 said:
curl-6 said:
Gamemaster87 said:
Luke888 said:

wanna bet ?

First, I think Tropical Freeze was finished way earlier. Nintendo said they delayed it to February 2014 to enhance the gaming experience but I think they delayed it to fill the Spring until Mario Kart arrived. So, I think it took them almost exactly 3 years.

Second, they have worked on Mario Kart 7 with EAD in between.

Third, it took them some time to collect Wii U experience. Now they are experienced and could develop a Wii U game faster.

Fourth, if it's a DK game: the assets and engine is now already on Wii U.

Fifth, they started working on a new game in late 2013. By that time it was definitely a Wii U game (or 3DS game).

Sixth, everything points to 2017 launch of NX.

Clearly you want a 2017 release for NX. But the actual evidence is inconclusive.

Also, how do you know Retro aren't assisting with another game now as they did with Mario Kart 7, or that they're reusing DK's assets and engine, or that they're not currently trying to get to grips with the NX's hardware, as they had to with Wii U's last time?

Maybe... After seeing the way Retro handled Metroid Prime games, it would be nice to see them make a new IP that is more western/dark..

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---