By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - [Prediction] Retro Studios' Game Is Going To Be A Launch Window Title for Nintendo's Next Console

Yes yes yes

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

Around the Network
Gamemaster87 said:
Luke888 said:

wanna bet ?

Soooo, do you really think Retro's next game won't launch before the end of 2017? No, just no. It will clearly launch before the end of 2017. So, there's only the Wii U where it could be launched on. 

I think it'll launch as soon as NX comes out. So you wanna bet or you're scared to be wrong :p ? I'd say that who wins gets 2 months of avatar and sign control 

Gamemaster87 said:
curl-6 said:
Gamemaster87 said:
Luke888 said:

wanna bet ?

Soooo, do you really think Retro's next game won't launch before the end of 2017? No, just no. It will clearly launch before the end of 2017. So, there's only the Wii U where it could be launched on. 

It took Retro more than three years after DKCR to release Tropical Freeze, and that was a fairly simple 2D platformer without advanced graphics.

Their latest project hasn't even been announced yet, and there is no guarantee NX is a 2017 thing, it could arrive this year.

The odds of their new game being a Wii U title are slim.

First, I think Tropical Freeze was finished way earlier. Nintendo said they delayed it to February 2014 to enhance the gaming experience but I think they delayed it to fill the Spring until Mario Kart arrived. So, I think it took them almost exactly 3 years.

Second, they have worked on Mario Kart 7 with EAD in between.

Third, it took them some time to collect Wii U experience. Now they are experienced and could develop a Wii U game faster.

Fourth, if it's a DK game: the assets and engine is now already on Wii U.

Fifth, they started working on a new game in late 2013. By that time it was definitely a Wii U game (or 3DS game).

Sixth, everything points to 2017 launch of NX.

1-Even if they moved the release date it doesn't mean that they started off the next project right after that, they might have chosen to use that time to improve the game, plus we don't know how much time it took them to decide what to work on nxt as we've seen in recent years it can take various months for Nintendo teams to chose what to do, the Splatoon team took 6 months before choosing to make the game;

2-I don't know if it's true but I don't see where you're going with this information...

3-They made another 2D DK game, I doubt the presence of the gamepad affected their development of Tropical Freeze...

4-It's been confirmed that DK games were "forced" by Nintendo on Retro, while their next project has been chosen by Retro themselves;

5-as I said in point 1 it really depends on how much it took them to chose the project, also if development started on one platform it doesn't mean that the game can't be moved on the following one, Star Fox Zero was originally a Wii (not Wii U) tech demo, and now in a couple months it'll release on the following console...

6-Either you don't want to face reality or you're blind because everything we've heard about NX has pointed at it releasing in 2016: The fact that Nintendo hasn't announced any game releasing in the second half of the year besides Zelda, the fact that mass producing of the console will start early this year, the fact that GameStop listed NX in their survey a couple days ago asking if people knew about it and were interested in buying it in the next 12 months, the fact that some developers had the devkits for almost a year right now since the DQ XI announcement (I'm shure they had to try to make it work on the console before confirming that the game would come to it...), the fact that Iwata stated that they want to keep the concept secret so that rival companies can't copy it and that Kimishima stated that they'll reveal NX dettails during this year (and, if they didn't released it this year other companies could copy it going against the statement from Iwata) and many, many more...

cycycychris said:

It was leaked not long ago that retro did not start there game until around August 2014. Due to Nintendo rejecting there first 2 game pitches.

So I would absolutely no to a launch game, if the NX releases in 2016. But if its 2017, then I will say it will.

I didn´t know that! I read that they were working on a "mature" game, a new ip, but I thought they were working on it since they finished Tropical Freeze. Well, that kind of sucks, maybe they can´t make it to launch, but either way I´m sure it will be released the first year. They need new ip´s for the NX, seeing how great Splatoon has been.

AZWification said:

Maybe... After seeing the way Retro handled Metroid Prime games, it would be nice to see them make a new IP that is more western/dark..

Ditto on that. I really hope Nintendo lets Retro do their own thing. 

I mean, they already proved they are very talented and competent. Now it's their time to truly shine! <3

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Whatever they're working on I hope it's either a new IP or a Nintendo IP they haven't worked on before and not another Metroid/DK game.

Around the Network
LipeJJ said:
AZWification said:

Maybe... After seeing the way Retro handled Metroid Prime games, it would be nice to see them make a new IP that is more western/dark..

I mean, they already proved they are very talented and competent. Now it's their time to truly shine! <3

Nintendo:  Retro is going to truly shine by making Diddy Kong Racing 2! Please be excited.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

AZWification said:
LipeJJ said:

Nintendo:  Retro is going to truly shine by making Diddy Kong Racing 2! Please be excited.

I actually think this is the most likely candidate for their new game.

Gamemaster87 said:
curl-6 said:
Gamemaster87 said:
Luke888 said:

wanna bet ?

It took Retro more than three years after DKCR to release Tropical Freeze, and that was a fairly simple 2D platformer without advanced graphics.

Their latest project hasn't even been announced yet, and there is no guarantee NX is a 2017 thing, it could arrive this year.

The odds of their new game being a Wii U title are slim.

First, I think Tropical Freeze was finished way earlier. Nintendo said they delayed it to February 2014 to enhance the gaming experience but I think they delayed it to fill the Spring until Mario Kart arrived. So, I think it took them almost exactly 3 years.

Second, they have worked on Mario Kart 7 with EAD in between.

Third, it took them some time to collect Wii U experience. Now they are experienced and could develop a Wii U game faster.

Fourth, if it's a DK game: the assets and engine is now already on Wii U.

Fifth, they started working on a new game in late 2013. By that time it was definitely a Wii U game (or 3DS game).

Sixth, everything points to 2017 launch of NX.

Ah shit son!

curl-6 said:
AZWification said:

I actually think this is the most likely candidate for their new game.

I would be OK with Retro helping out a bit, but not with DKR2 being their main title. They are capable of more than just that..

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

I'm getting quite sick of point number 3. Iwata died and we got less information due to less directs. This is not just about the Wii U, but everything Nintendo.