By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Should Trump Become President?

SecondWar said:
thranx said:
Trump is the kind of president america needs. we dont need a president that is going to bow down to the world like obama has. we are the world leader, and we need a president that acts as such. Not one out to be the cool guy like obama. We need to take action in the middle east, and we need a president with a strong arm to do that, not a weak back bone. And we need a president that can speak his mind freely, and stand by what he says. And lastly we need a president willing to negotiate, and that has experience at it, like a businessman would. Lets go Trump

Seriously? Obama has been rational with the world, rather than trying to dictate Americas will on other countries (well, to a lesser extent at least). Strong arming the world to agree with you is not the path to anything except war.

And what about Trump makes you think he'll negotiate? From what he says, it's his way or the highway. Again, a poor way to act on the world stage. With Trump as President, America will be pushed towards isolationism.

Yes he was real ration with the middle east, with iran, with jerusulum. How is that refugee crisis going over in europe? things sure do look rational over there.

Like I said, the world needs a leader, not a panderer. I dont value most of the worlds opinion to be honest, especially europe. they had their shot at the top and blew it through infighting. With out a strong world leader problems in the middle east will grow, tensions in asia will grow, tensions with russia will grow.

someone who runs a business has no choice but to negotiate at times. Since they can't just do what they want like some politians. Negotiating is one of the most important things in running a business, from employee wages and benifits, to consumer prices, to dealing with city, state, and or international politicians and regulations and rules.

Around the Network

He was actually sued back in the 90s for discriminating against non-white tenants in his properties.

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

StuOhQ said:

He was actually sued back in the 90s for discriminating against non-white tenants in his properties.

The lawuit was in the 70's not the 90's.the law suit ended in a settlement, no one was convicted nor admitted to discrimination.

thranx said:
StuOhQ said:

The lawuit was in the 70's not the 90's.the law suit ended in a settlement, no one was convicted nor admitted to discrimination.

Well, isn't it perfect to have a system where you can buy people's silence? :)

Trump is a fool, as for people who want him to be president... they have to be trolling, cause I cannot see why anyone would be so crazy to vote for him

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Around the Network

No. I just don't understand Trump. He wants to ban Muslims, Mexicans etc, and then we have this news. (below)

Saudi Arabian Prince bailed Out Donald Trump in 1995.

http://mic.com/articles/130280/saudi-prince-who-bailed-out-donald-trump-calls-on-him-to-quit-presidential-campaign#.mdCuOWBNh

If by some weird chance he does win, it'll be like Saturday Night Live, live in The White House 24/7

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

Oh, God. That would be funny. I wonder how the rest of the world would react.

deskpro2k3 said:
No. I just don't understand Trump. He wants to ban Muslims, Mexicans etc, and then we have this news. (below)

Saudi Arabian Prince bailed Out Donald Trump in 1995.

http://mic.com/articles/130280/saudi-prince-who-bailed-out-donald-trump-calls-on-him-to-quit-presidential-campaign#.mdCuOWBNh

If by some weird chance he does win, it'll be like Saturday Night Live, live in The White House 24/7

He wants to ban muslims from coming into our country until we can actually give proper backround checks and make sure we are not letting anyone in with terroist ties. Seems very reasonable.

He does not want to ban mexicans. you can't ban mexicans, what would you ban them from?

He wants our immigration policies to be followed and enforced, he want illegal immigrants to be properly deported. we have a method and rules we follow for allowing immigrants into our country, thoe who break the rules should not stay.

We already allow far more immigrants and have an easier path to immigration than almost any other country i know of. Yes in europe you can migrate within its borders, but if mexicans fly over are they free to stay? are they free to become citizens of that country and recieve benifits? or would they be deported back and have to emmigrate properly?

Yes he is a great enertainer

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

SecondWar said:
Vyse_Blue_Rogue said:
DivinePaladin said:
What does it say to you that our greatest ally devoted a good chunk of a real Parliament session to the idea of banning Trump from the UK? Not just as a joke, but because they HAD to due to a petition passing the required votes to hold a debate about the issue.

If England hates Trump and Putin loves Trump, maybe that's a sign that Trump isn't a good idea.

I won't go any further with the rest of your comment because I'd probably come off as rude no matter how respectfully I try to word my response. I'll simply reiterate: Our sister country held a vote to ban a potential President from the country. There's no irrational twist you can put on that to make it seem good; nothing you can say about England politically can change the fact that a country that's been by our side for the majority of our existence has to consider potentially cutting ties over this man.

That pathetic waste of time debate brought shame upon the UK. Trust me, most of the UK does not feel that way. It's just the very vocal P.C brigade. The whole thing was a sham - there was another petition arguing for the right for Trump to enter the coutry. I signed the petition (I don't really care for Trump but i believe in freedom of speech) when there wear about 60,000 other signatories. About an hour later when i went to check to see how many new votes there were, it had magically dropped to 22,000. The whole system is corrupt. 

So you support free speech but it was a 'pathetic waste of time' for the government to debate a petition on their own website that was set up for that very purpose. Seems a bit of a contradiction to me.

Everybody wants free speech till your saying something they don't want to hear.