By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Zelda: TP HD Amiibo Trailer

Lame.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Around the Network

Unpopular opinion: I think all this is really cool and the game looks great.

At least it's not locking worthwhile content behind a figurine paywall.
I hate it when they do that. Keep it to minor stuff like this or the Mii constumes in Mario Kart, so those of us not on the Amiibo bandwagon aren't shortchanged.

For those complaining:

They kept the game the same, probably made some improvements, HD resolution, blah blah blah. The Amiibo goodies are pretty nice, considering that they aren't needed. Not having amiibos won't make the game unplayable or anything

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

So that's it? the amiibo unlocks a room where you fight tons of enemys to win a useless object? wow, what a loss for the people without the amiibo lol

Not sure if I want the amiibo, the standalone version is only 45€ here and the amiibo extra content is very lame, also Ganon gives you a new dificulty mode but Hero mode is already included in the game so I dont really care for it.

Glad to see they didnt locked anything relevant. 

Around the Network

Wolf Link amiibo - Cave of Ordeals but with Wolf Link
Link amiibo - Refills your arrows, something you can easily do in the overworld.
Zelda amiibo - Replenishes your health instantly, another thing you can do in the game with wither potions or hearts dropped by enemies.
Ganondorf amiibo - ummmmmm. Is it supposed to be some sort of shield or second life bar that goes ahead of your actual life bar? The game is pretty easy already so this doesn't do anything for me.
So overall, the amiibo content is very minor and pretty harmless.
Still intended to get this game to see the improvements it made over one of my favorite Zelda games of all-time. I knew I could trust Nintendo not to go crazy with this and lock meaningful content behind a $13 paywall. So it's nice to see that trust not misplaced. Very excited to get this game!!!

Edit: so the Ganondorf content is basically a higher difficulty? Meh. Still don't care. 

Okey, I'm fine with it. They didn't lock anything relevant behind amiibos. The new "dungeon" is not a dungeon. And the rest of them are power-ups. Though I'd like the x2 Hero - Mode behind Ganondorf.

Well, I won't buy the game, but at least there are not meaningful things locking behind amiibos, which was keeping me worried about the next games. 

They locked a hard play mode behind an amiibo? Really Nintendo?

cycycychris said:
I have the amiibo bundle pre-ordered, so this does not totally bug me, but they are locking a lot out. But at the same time, I wonder would this content be there with out amiibo.

But the Ganon one is bull shit if they don't already have Hero mode.

Going by the Amazon France info which leaked the Cave of Shadows, the game will have Hero mode like in WWHD, which you can turn on and off whenever you want, the Ganondorf amiibo would just make that even harder, probably making it 4x damage instead of the usual 2x.  So pretty much the Ganondorf would unlock the game equivalent to the "Super Hard" difficulty, which is usually done in other games by beating them over and over, this is pretty much a better option and mainly for the hardcore fans, which are also probably the majority of those that got the Zelda amiibos in the first place.

COMG guide to points: 1 point = Raging. 2 points = Beasting. 3 points = Tearing it up. 4 points = Berzerk. 7 points = Rampage. 12 points = Burst. 15 points = god mode. 20+ points = DIVIDING BY ZERO!!! 40+ points = Youkai (originally Pokemon).

-1 = Negabeasting. -5= NegaRampage. -10 = NegaBurst

Become wolf link in LoZ U!