By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Corporate Health of Sony, Nintendo and MS

Be advised, Nintendos dept might be on purpose. Iv read that corporations can avoid a specific Tax if they give an end result in Red. Probably why Nintendo hasnt payed off there 100k dept.

Around the Network

Eddie_Raja said:

I am not arguing Nintendo is worse at profiting lol.  Of course they profit more as a company on average.  But right now they are doing pretty terrible compared to how they used to do.  The point you are willfully ignoring is that if Nintendo continues to fail they will fall apart FAR faster than Sony or MS ever would.  That is a fact.

What mathematics are you looking at?

Eddie_Raja said:

KLAMarine said:
Eddie_Raja said:

If they run out of money they are screwed!

This applies to any company. If any company runs out of money, it is screwed.

And that is my point buddy - I am glad you can read.  A lot of people around here act like MS and Nintendo are invincible, but the facts shown here clearly illustrate the opposite.  MS is the strongest, but they aren't overall that much bigger of a company.  Nintendo profits often, but they have FAR less armor than MS and Sony.

What are you equating to "armor" here?

Swordmasterman said:
AsGryffynn said:

...you aren't serious, aren't you?

Yes, i'm serious, the only company that i remember that went bankrupt was Lehman Brothers, but they were a exception, because those type of deals have a high floating price.

have a lot of stages of "Bankrupt", and Some company go Bankrupt, is nearly impossible for Multi-billion company, to go on a level of Bankrupt that will not be able to make a Come Back.

Even Marvel on the 90s went Bankrupt, and now we have the Avengers, Iron Man, X-Man, and a lot of other movies and now Marvel is more sucessful than DC.

The point of this thread was to say that Nintendo, even without selling consoles will not go bankrupt, that Sony, will go Bankrupt even if Playstation 4 breaks the 1 Billion of units sold mark, and Microsoft, will never go Bankrupt despite how many money they trhow on Xbox, and this is not how the things work.

if Something is Draining money from a company, sooner, or later it will be cuted off from the Company, but the company will stay alive and strong, we are talking about Companies  that have Dozens of multi-billion divisions, the author of this thread want to say that Despite how good Playstation is perfoming, Sony, will go Bankrupt, is like that Sony, will not Cut-off the other divisions, and sell some assets to pay the Debts, and still with Playstation, and that instead they will ask 400 Billions for the banks, will not pay, and will go bankrupt.

Never a Company that still a Market Leader, with more than 50% of Market share, with this division giving more than 11 Billions of US$ on Revenue per year, a Company would never go bankrupt being the Market Leader on 2 different markets, and with one of then having more than 50% of Market-share, and with predictions to sell  Much more than their competitor, Multiple times more.

Sony, is the Market Leader on Image Sensor, out there have a Sony's image sensor on each modern IPhone, or IPad, that are the Market's profit leader on market share, also Hundreds of Millions of Iphone, and Ipad, are sold throught the year, last year were sold 390 Millions of Iphone, and Ipad, if sony make 5US$ of Profit per Iphone, so already is a easy 1.9+ Billion of profit per year.

Sony, is the Market Leader on console gaming, is selling much more than the competitor together, and is selling 3 times more than their main competitor, and is growing more and more, and probably will sell on higher rates on the future, when you are the Market Leader you can hold Momentum until you make some mistake, Sony, managed to hold Playstation 1's momentum and made Playstation 2, the Best Selling console of all times, if they dont screw everything (and they had learned from the PS3), they will sell much more Playstation 5, than Playstation 4, and so on, Google have a Market share so big and that just grow because Google, have the Momentum, and this is a example.

Tell for me why a Company will not see that they are drowning on non-profitable divisions, while they are being the Market Leader on 2 Markets ?, this really makes no sense.

i Want you to explain your points in how Sony, will go Bankrupt despite being the Market leader ?, because this thread is about saying that Sony, will go bankrupt despite any Playstation 4 sold,  Nintendo, will not go bankrupt despite not selling home consoles, and Microsoft, will not go bankrupt because they have Money, and by some crazy reason they will stay having loss from Xbox, and will stay suporting the Brand, while they are clearly changing to PC Gaming.

Ahem...

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/41027460/ns/business-us_business/t/most-memorable-companies-vanished/#.VqSYayorLIU

Alright, I'm gonna make this brief... Sony's not a beast. They are a company like all others... Any company can collapse if their cash is no longer there, so if I were you, I'd be more careful in what I say. It won't happen in the foreseeable future, but it can happen. Sony is very big and a console can't shield them forever. 

AsGryffynn said:
Swordmasterman said:

Yes, i'm serious, the only company that i remember that went bankrupt was Lehman Brothers, but they were a exception, because those type of deals have a high floating price.

have a lot of stages of "Bankrupt", and Some company go Bankrupt, is nearly impossible for Multi-billion company, to go on a level of Bankrupt that will not be able to make a Come Back.

Even Marvel on the 90s went Bankrupt, and now we have the Avengers, Iron Man, X-Man, and a lot of other movies and now Marvel is more sucessful than DC.

The point of this thread was to say that Nintendo, even without selling consoles will not go bankrupt, that Sony, will go Bankrupt even if Playstation 4 breaks the 1 Billion of units sold mark, and Microsoft, will never go Bankrupt despite how many money they trhow on Xbox, and this is not how the things work.

if Something is Draining money from a company, sooner, or later it will be cuted off from the Company, but the company will stay alive and strong, we are talking about Companies  that have Dozens of multi-billion divisions, the author of this thread want to say that Despite how good Playstation is perfoming, Sony, will go Bankrupt, is like that Sony, will not Cut-off the other divisions, and sell some assets to pay the Debts, and still with Playstation, and that instead they will ask 400 Billions for the banks, will not pay, and will go bankrupt.

Never a Company that still a Market Leader, with more than 50% of Market share, with this division giving more than 11 Billions of US$ on Revenue per year, a Company would never go bankrupt being the Market Leader on 2 different markets, and with one of then having more than 50% of Market-share, and with predictions to sell  Much more than their competitor, Multiple times more.

Sony, is the Market Leader on Image Sensor, out there have a Sony's image sensor on each modern IPhone, or IPad, that are the Market's profit leader on market share, also Hundreds of Millions of Iphone, and Ipad, are sold throught the year, last year were sold 390 Millions of Iphone, and Ipad, if sony make 5US$ of Profit per Iphone, so already is a easy 1.9+ Billion of profit per year.

Sony, is the Market Leader on console gaming, is selling much more than the competitor together, and is selling 3 times more than their main competitor, and is growing more and more, and probably will sell on higher rates on the future, when you are the Market Leader you can hold Momentum until you make some mistake, Sony, managed to hold Playstation 1's momentum and made Playstation 2, the Best Selling console of all times, if they dont screw everything (and they had learned from the PS3), they will sell much more Playstation 5, than Playstation 4, and so on, Google have a Market share so big and that just grow because Google, have the Momentum, and this is a example.

Tell for me why a Company will not see that they are drowning on non-profitable divisions, while they are being the Market Leader on 2 Markets ?, this really makes no sense.

i Want you to explain your points in how Sony, will go Bankrupt despite being the Market leader ?, because this thread is about saying that Sony, will go bankrupt despite any Playstation 4 sold,  Nintendo, will not go bankrupt despite not selling home consoles, and Microsoft, will not go bankrupt because they have Money, and by some crazy reason they will stay having loss from Xbox, and will stay suporting the Brand, while they are clearly changing to PC Gaming.

Ahem...

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/41027460/ns/business-us_business/t/most-memorable-companies-vanished/#.VqSYayorLIU

Alright, I'm gonna make this brief... Sony's not a beast. They are a company like all others... Any company can collapse if their cash is no longer there, so if I were you, I'd be more careful in what I say. It won't happen in the foreseeable future, but it can happen. Sony is very big and a console can't shield them forever. 

Consoles aren't even really a shield. Their big money is in their insurance and their banking. Sony could walk away from video games forever and not go bankrupt.

bunchanumbers said:
Lets be honest. If Sony and MS were gaming only, and not giant mega conglomerates or near monopolies, they would both be shut down and out of the gaming business. PS3 would have killed Sony and MS would have been destroyed with the OG Xbox.

Nintendo is the only real gaming company and are just now starting to branch out into other ventures. But even then those ventures are based on their gaming ventures. The fact that they have this sort of stability even during the darkest of times shows how great Nintendo is with money.

Agree completely. However, Nintendo has been forced to be more careful with how they manage their finances since they are basically only focusing on Video games. But the way they have done it is impressive, since the can easily survive things like Virtual Boy and WiiU without suffering much at all.

Around the Network
Puppyroach said:
bunchanumbers said:
Lets be honest. If Sony and MS were gaming only, and not giant mega conglomerates or near monopolies, they would both be shut down and out of the gaming business. PS3 would have killed Sony and MS would have been destroyed with the OG Xbox.

Nintendo is the only real gaming company and are just now starting to branch out into other ventures. But even then those ventures are based on their gaming ventures. The fact that they have this sort of stability even during the darkest of times shows how great Nintendo is with money.

Agree completely. However, Nintendo has been forced to be more careful with how they manage their finances since they are basically only focusing on Video games. But the way they have done it is impressive, since the can easily survive things like Virtual Boy and WiiU without suffering much at all.

That's what makes some of their new business ventures so interesting. Mobile apps+theme park attractions+films/series+health products+increased merchandising. It's hard to imagine most of these things not being profitable for Nintendo which will allow them to take more risks with their dedicated gaming since it will no be their one and only money maker.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

bunchanumbers said:
AsGryffynn said:

Ahem...

Consoles aren't even really a shield. Their big money is in their insurance and their banking. Sony could walk away from video games forever and not go bankrupt. 

The shield is the assets.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

If I were a PlayStation exclusive customer, I'd be a bit nervous right now.

I've never cared for the PlayStation brand, but I'm glad they exist as competition.

AsGryffynn said:
Swordmasterman said:

Ahem...

Sony, make more profit and Revenue from Video games, than Netflix, with all their subscribers, is easier Netflix, go Bankrupt instead of Sony, because their Liabilities are much bigger, each serie cost dozens of Millions per year, Sony, is on Dozens of Billions per year level and there are not a lot of companies of this size, you want me to say that Sony, a company that make Billions and Billions with Video Game consoles, sudden will became Bunkrupt even with 135 Billions on assets and with Divisions giving Big profit ?, is safer to say that Sony, might split it-self and became a smaller company, but with more profit, than it will go Bankrupt.

we are Talking about a market leader of the Video Game Console Market, with more than 50% of Market Share, only on USA, the Revenue with Physical copies of Video game were 11.7 Billions+, lets say that USA, is  the World, and Sony, have 50% of Market share, this is 5.85 Billions of US$, Sony's tax to release a game on the plataform is 20% of the total, so already is 1.170 Billions of profit for Sony, only because of Tax, and they sold 17 Millions of Playstation 4 consoles with a profit margin og 19US$ lets say that is 20US$ to make the calculation easier, so Sony, made a profit of 340 Millions on Hardware, 1.170 Billions only with software's licensing Tax, and without taking the profits of PSN Plus, and of the Playstation 3, and Vita, so with Playstation 4, without Sony, releasing anything, already is more than 1.5 Billions of profit just with licensing Tax, and profit per Hardware, this is more than Netflix's profit, only with Playstation 4, on the begin of generation, when GTA VI, launch Sony, will be Drowing on free Money.

Netflix, for example is a growing company but the Tax of licensing is too expensive, the companies that license the series for Netflix, actually are getting more money than Netflix, Netflix, need to pay Disney, more than 200 Millions of US$ pear year, Netflix's revenue is 5.5 Billions, Assets 7.06 Billions, and Profit of 266 Millions of US$.

So, Sony, without making really nothing besides of selling Playstation 4, and letting Third Party Support get in, they had much lower liabilities than Netflix, and had more than 6 Times the Profit of Netflix.

So, if you really believe that Playstation, can die and you are basing your-self on Numbers and without any emotional felling with your "Thinkings", you also think that Netflix, can go Bankrupt, because is on a worse situation than Sony, the 36 Millions of people that Sony, sold Playstation 4, will continue buying games and will continue giving nearly the same profit per software, but who is subscriber to Netflix, Suddenly stop of paying the Netflix's Tax, is the end for Netflix, 1 year of low subscribers already is enought to destroy Netflix, cut the number of series nearly to Half, and a lot of other things.

Is because of that we use the Logic, Sony, is Growing and no one can stop Sony, on the Video Game Market, have rumors that the NX, will be compatible with Playstation 4, so the only one that had some chance, becoming compatible with Playstation 4, already let Playstation 4, on the lead for the  Whole generation and will of course Break Playstation 1's level of sales until Playstation 5, arrives, and Playstation 5, will have a Huge advantage over Xbox Two, multiple times the initial install base, also Nintendo, will only launch their console later, making it easier for Playstation 5, to became the Market Leader once again.

The same thing we can say about Netflix, but Netflix, is on a harder place than Playstation, Playstation, is a safe investiment and have dozens of millions of fans throught the World, and Netflix, did not have those fans, also 1 years of low already is enought to break Netflix, but the Market is showing that Netflix, will grown a lot on the next years, but this dont make Netflix, a safe investiment, because the Licensing's Tax, will also raise, with the Licensing Money, aways being much bigger than the Profit of Netflix, despite Netflix, being a Software, will have Hardware-like Profit.

This is my Point, Your Point is a Random site with random companies, that randomly went bankrupt, with random sizes, and just some with Sony's size, but with Floating markets, while Sony's most profitable markets are solid.

Seventizz said:
If I were a PlayStation exclusive customer, I'd be a bit nervous right now.

I've never cared for the PlayStation brand, but I'm glad they exist as competition.

Right now?

This thread seems to be filled with thinly vieled passive aggression. 

╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank