By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sad rumor from my local gamestop- Xenoblade has been discontinued along with some other games

She is lying if she knew all that information then everyone would. Plus Xenoblade X has only been out for a month with good reviews it makes no sense.

Own:Nes,Snes,N64,Gamecube,Wii,WiiU,Gameboy Pocket,Gameboy Advance SP,DS,DSi,3DS XL,Sega Genesis,Sega Dreamcast,PS1,PS2,PS3,PSP,PSVita and Xbox 360.

Looking to get: Original Xbox 

A significant portion of my soul died with the first "SMT X FE" footage reveal.

Add me on PSN: afnanthekooltrex 

Check out my YouTube channel:  

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzZ6P0251NWOf7WUTsHmw_Q

Around the Network

Its believable and unbelievable at the same time

she's not far off base, but is completely talking out his/her ass. Replentishment is completely dictated on pre-orders and sales. It's that simple. Although there is ALOT of speculation that a nintendo system is coming at the end of the year IN ONE FORM OR ANOTHER, there is zero official word. When they know for sure, we'll know for sure.
Again as far as replentishments, it's all determined on sales and pre-orders.

I've been working at GameStop for a very long time, and I haven't heard anything like this. I will say that Nintendo makes the decision to discontinue games, not GameStop. She may have meant that the game is being delisted, which means GameStop will no longer receive stock on new copies. That wouldn't surprise me too much. The Xenoblade for the original Wii was delisted very shortly after release, and that one was a GameStop exclusive.

As for GameStop never having any new Wii U games, that's entirely a Nintendo issue. It's been that way since the days of the GameCube, maybe even before that. It's the same with the 3DS. Personally, I think it's Nintendo's never-ending strategy of creating artificial scarcity, which seems to happen with almost everything they put out, at all retailers (Not just GameStop). That's been going on since Pokémon Red/Blue to my memory.

Kennel83 said:

How can Xenoblade be discontinued after being only one month on the market?

All games are discontinued after a month in the market. Successful games get reprints. This is pretty standard.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Around the Network
MikeRox said:
Kennel83 said:

How can Xenoblade be discontinued after being only one month on the market?

All games are discontinued after a month in the market. Successful games get reprints. This is pretty standard.

This isn't far fetched. It's not like JRPGs sell super well over time. And things get reprinted all the time, discontinued doesn't mean they're pulling all copies from shelves (or even that they won't receive new shipments from Nintendo).

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Big IPs i believe would still have demand for WiiU. I don't really believe that Gamestop employee as the likes of Pokken, and Zelda would still sell outside pre-orders. And older Wii U games like Splatoon, Smash and MK8.

I must say the stock for WiiU games is not great in UK either - and used prices are almost as high as new....

Are long gone the wii prices!

Switch!!!

I never was a fan of Gamestop, they overprice everything here in Germany.
If there are enough other stores which still ship Wii U games, it won't be a big thing imo.

AlfredoTurkey said:
Well, the new console launches this year so, we don't have long to wait. Hopefully it does well enough to afford a full cycle and gets more respect.

lol. There won't be a new console this year.