By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What are your 2 favourite genre of games?

- Turn-based and tactical RPGs. I'm also including games like Dragon Age in this, where I consider the ability to pause and set your moves close enough to "turn-based".

- FPS single-player games with RPG elements and/or abilities that let you tackle situations in different ways. Fallout, Far Cry, Borderlands, and Dishonored are in this category.

Around the Network

1. RPG
2. Platformer
3. Beat 'em up / hack 'n slash

Beyond these three I do enjoy many others, but when I hear these genres I immediately take notice.

CWegzz said:
JRPG's and Action-Adventure games.

This.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Hmmmm that is really tough. For this year it has been:

RPG - specifically JRPG (Xenoblade Chronicles X)
Space Simulator (Elite Dangerous).

Have spent hundreds of hours on those 2 games this year.

A majority of my favourite games of all time are JRPG's, so that's easily number 1. The second one though is much more difficult. Action-adventure might be it, but it's such a generic title for a genre that it covers all kinds of different games. Well, for lack of a better term, action-adventure it is. Honorable mentions go to fighting games and platformers (both 2D and 3d)

Around the Network
WoodenPints said:
Chazore said:
FPS and RTS, Shooters because they are more or less engaging to jump into and easily jump out of. RTS because I like building bases and amassing armies.

I tend to like online FPS games more than SP since these days they tend to feel more and more static and dead, with the online FPS I know I;m with friends and against other people, with RTS games I really prefer either playing with friends or just against the AI because playing competitively in any RTS involves rushes or cheese builds and years of seeing that has driven me far away from competitive RTS gaming.

I know the feeling with the RTS point maybe 5 or so years ago I would of chose RTS instead of shooters but lately and probably with my old age I feel feel slow and cant compete on a RTS online without a cheese or all in and as you said that is basically no fun. The glory days of spening many years on C&C and Starcraft vs AI are still very valued years of my life though :P

Yeah I'll admit I have been there a few times myself =P.

I don't bother with SCII PVP though because of people like this:

Yeah Koreans are god tier at the game but that isn't to say other people from around the world aren't either, I've faced enough people in the past to know that quick and damaging early rushes or massive cheese builds can win the game, I just decide to avoid all that by not playing lol.

But yeah I can relate with the age part, I'm even starting to feel like I'm too old for PVP shooters because I'm not as sharp as a hawk let alone having the speed of a grasshopper with reflex timing.

Oh and I still play with AI on most RTS titles =P, for C&C though I recently found a new way to actually connect and play with hundreds of other folk for free. Basically I can now play C&C Generals, Generals ZH, C&C 3, Kane's Wrath and C&C Red Alert 3 all online, C&C 4 is still online last I checked but we'll not talk about that last game that cost us the franchise.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

First Place : RPGs

Second Place: Survival Horror/Strategy/Adventure/Action

Platformers and RPGs..

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

"Open World" ala GTA and.....TBSJRPG's ala Final Fantasy Tactics. I really don't know TBH. It's a tough call.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

RPG's (JRPG's if I'm being super specific. I do like WRPG's, but prefer JRPG's.) and action. The Wonderful 101, both Bayometta games and the Warriors series are my favorites.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]