By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What are your 2 favourite genre of games?

FPS & RPG.

(FPS+RPG) = FPG.

Around the Network
QUAKECore89 said:
FPS & RPG.

(FPS+RPG) = FPG.

FPS-RPG...like S.T.A.L.K.E.R., or Deus Ex...or Fallout 4, since that's not really RPG anymore.

HoloDust said:
QUAKECore89 said:
FPS & RPG.

(FPS+RPG) = FPG.

FPS-RPG...like S.T.A.L.K.E.R., or Deus Ex...or Fallout 4, since that's not really RPG anymore.

They're still RPG.

Try System Shock & 1st Deus Ex.

Edit: Fallout 4 don't count.

HoloDust said:

I think there's quite a few 2D Zelda alike games. As for 3D Zeldas, Okami and Kameo come to mind. Darksiders 1&2 are usually in that list as well, though I don't have the same vibe from them.

Real pitty there aren't more devs brave enough to try to make something like Zeldas - honestly, I was hoping when TR Reboot was announced that they will take that approach, given how TR games were already full of puzzles (honestly, back in days for me OoT felt a lot like someone in Nintendo really liked TR1), and, at leat for me, it would be most logical step, but alas, not even close.

For the 2D ones it really is easy to find games like it, Ittle Dew and Oceanhorn come to mind. But yeah, for the 3D ones there's not much that comes close to it. Sadly Darksiders doesn't interest me, but I've been wanting to try Okami for a while now, so thanks for reminding me it exists lol. As for Tomb Raider, I haven't played much from this series, but I did play Anniversary and the reboot, and was really disappointed that the new one was more like a stealth game than a puzzle game.

QUAKECore89 said:
HoloDust said:
QUAKECore89 said:
FPS & RPG.

(FPS+RPG) = FPG.

They're still RPG.

Yeah, played both when they realesed. Anyway, I consider all those games FPS-RPGs, with FO4 being the first FO I do not consider RPG.

Around the Network

I'd have to say Platformers (2D and 3D) and RPG (mostly JRPG) but choosing only two genres is quite cruel.

Signature goes here!

HoloDust said:
QUAKECore89 said:
HoloDust said:
QUAKECore89 said:
FPS & RPG.

(FPS+RPG) = FPG.

They're still RPG.

Yeah, played both when they realesed. Anyway, I consider all those games FPS-RPGs, with FO4 being the first FO I do not consider RPG.

Ah awesome.

I actually complained a little about Fallout 4 that they dropped few RPG elements & we have samey verry short dialogues(if you know what i mean, sarcastic, yes, no)

Fallout 3 & New Vegas were considred FPS-RPGs.

RPG & Platformers.

But I enjoy more genres than that.

QUAKECore89 said:
HoloDust said:
QUAKECore89 said:
HoloDust said:
QUAKECore89 said:
FPS & RPG.

(FPS+RPG) = FPG.

They're still RPG.

Ah awesome.

I actually complained a little about Fallout 4 that they dropped few RPG elements & we have samey verry short dialogues(if you know what i mean, sarcastic, yes, no)

Fallout 3 & New Vegas were considred FPS-RPGs.

Well, while they are far from actual RPGs that FO1/2 were, I still think FO3 and NV were more of a RPGs than FPS - FO4, on the other hand, is IMO much more FPS with RPG elements...they haven't gone as far as to make them FarCry 3/4 simple, but they seem to be on that path.

Action adventure and Third Person shooters.