By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What are your 2 favourite genre of games?

When I think about my favourite genre's that I like mine are generally at either end of the scale as I would call it, With one been JRPG's and the other been the Shooter genre which usually with these two different groups of gamers from these genres they "generally" hate/dislike the other but not me :)

I generally like to always have a shooter at hand for my every day gaming fix more specifically an online game I can always bounce in and out of over many months whilst also grabbing up RPG's for my single player fix or  for when I'm either not in a competitive mood or to split my time/take a break from the online side of gaming. I do also enjoy a good singleplayer shooter campaign but always more bothered about the online side of things.

Interested to see if there are there many poeple out there like me :D

So how do your 2 favourite genres compare? Fairly similar/crossover fairly well or completely different?

Around the Network

Ughhn hard question, 3D fighting games and survival horror

JRPG's and Action-Adventure games.

Wii U NNID:  CWegzz
3DS Friend Code:  4210-5277-5484
PSN:  Ronnoc4
Steam:  CWegz

RPG and Shooters.

This is a bit hard for me, since i have a couple of genres I like. xD

Platformer, RPG, Horror, Fighting, Adveture, and Visual Novel are probably among the ones I like.

I'd probably have to go with Platformer and RPG myself. I like the skill needed to play platformers, and the deep storyline and characters of RPGs...

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network

FPS and RTS, Shooters because they are more or less engaging to jump into and easily jump out of. RTS because I like building bases and amassing armies.

I tend to like online FPS games more than SP since these days they tend to feel more and more static and dead, with the online FPS I know I;m with friends and against other people, with RTS games I really prefer either playing with friends or just against the AI because playing competitively in any RTS involves rushes or cheese builds and years of seeing that has driven me far away from competitive RTS gaming.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Probably platformers and FPS.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Simulation - I just love building houses, towns, cities and designing the interior. Games like The sims, Sim city and Animal Crossing New Leaf.

RPG - Mostly MMORPG on PC. Since it feels better when adventuring with other real players.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

RPGs in general would be first, but second one is hard.Im going with acction adventure, but it is closely followed by platformers, FPS, etc...

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Chazore said:
FPS and RTS, Shooters because they are more or less engaging to jump into and easily jump out of. RTS because I like building bases and amassing armies.

I tend to like online FPS games more than SP since these days they tend to feel more and more static and dead, with the online FPS I know I;m with friends and against other people, with RTS games I really prefer either playing with friends or just against the AI because playing competitively in any RTS involves rushes or cheese builds and years of seeing that has driven me far away from competitive RTS gaming.

I know the feeling with the RTS point maybe 5 or so years ago I would of chose RTS instead of shooters but lately and probably with my old age I feel feel slow and cant compete on a RTS online without a cheese or all in and as you said that is basically no fun. The glory days of spening many years on C&C and Starcraft vs AI are still very valued years of my life though :P