By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What are your 2 favourite genre of games?

Chazore said:
WoodenPints said:

I know the feeling with the RTS point maybe 5 or so years ago I would of chose RTS instead of shooters but lately and probably with my old age I feel feel slow and cant compete on a RTS online without a cheese or all in and as you said that is basically no fun. The glory days of spening many years on C&C and Starcraft vs AI are still very valued years of my life though :P

Yeah I'll admit I have been there a few times myself =P.

I don't bother with SCII PVP though because of people like this:

Yeah Koreans are god tier at the game but that isn't to say other people from around the world aren't either, I've faced enough people in the past to know that quick and damaging early rushes or massive cheese builds can win the game, I just decide to avoid all that by not playing lol.

But yeah I can relate with the age part, I'm even starting to feel like I'm too old for PVP shooters because I'm not as sharp as a hawk let alone having the speed of a grasshopper with reflex timing.

Oh and I still play with AI on most RTS titles =P, for C&C though I recently found a new way to actually connect and play with hundreds of other folk for free. Basically I can now play C&C Generals, Generals ZH, C&C 3, Kane's Wrath and C&C Red Alert 3 all online, C&C 4 is still online last I checked but we'll not talk about that last game that cost us the franchise.

Yea I kinda stopped playing SC2 online after Wings of Liberty finished but until March 2015 I never missed a GSL or Proleague tournamannt and hardly ever misses a game but 4 hours fo watchign Starcraft every day eventually gives no time to doing anythign else so just tend to catch finals and an occasional match now and then these days.

Around the Network

JRPGs and 3D Platformers.

And then western RPGs and action adventures close behind.

WoodenPints said:

Yea I kinda stopped playing SC2 online after Wings of Liberty finished but until March 2015 I never missed a GSL or Proleague tournamannt and hardly ever misses a game but 4 hours fo watchign Starcraft every day eventually gives no time to doing anythign else so just tend to catch finals and an occasional match now and then these days.

I still love watching Day 9's SC II vids but also anything else he does in terms of Blizz games and I used to love his Funday Monday show as well.

Artosis 4 lyfe.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Hard to tell since I mostly play Nintendo games Let's see... Metroid and Pokemon... JRPGs and Metroidvania? Sounds good enough. Although I kind of like normal platformers more than Metroidvania.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

WoodenPints said:
Chazore said:

Yeah I'll admit I have been there a few times myself =P.

I don't bother with SCII PVP though because of people like this:

Yeah Koreans are god tier at the game but that isn't to say other people from around the world aren't either, I've faced enough people in the past to know that quick and damaging early rushes or massive cheese builds can win the game, I just decide to avoid all that by not playing lol.

But yeah I can relate with the age part, I'm even starting to feel like I'm too old for PVP shooters because I'm not as sharp as a hawk let alone having the speed of a grasshopper with reflex timing.

Oh and I still play with AI on most RTS titles =P, for C&C though I recently found a new way to actually connect and play with hundreds of other folk for free. Basically I can now play C&C Generals, Generals ZH, C&C 3, Kane's Wrath and C&C Red Alert 3 all online, C&C 4 is still online last I checked but we'll not talk about that last game that cost us the franchise.

I have seen my skills wane as the years have passed by. I used to hold top scores in games like Alien Front Online, and multiple #1 spots in Project Gotham Racing 2. I MAY be the oldest member on VGChartz, so I can relate.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network

Action-adventure and probably FPS

JRPGS and Platformers. I grew up on Final Fantasy and Mario, figures.

JRPGs and Action/Adventure or RTS

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

P&C Adventures (old-school style), CRPG

Platformers and sports

Jonathan