By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Street Fighter V: Sony and Capcom want to make sure you know the game is console exclusive

Considering the first thing I and many others said upon hearing about the console exclusivity was "wait until the eventual Super version' based on previous experiences with the franchise...this might actually be a good idea.

Around the Network

I really don't mind it as long as we're all using the same definitions (otherwise Sony's attempt at transparency would be meaningless). I appreciate that they are being upfront with exactly what each deal means. Think MS could've gotten a lot less hate for Tomb Raider if their approach had been similar. Hopefully any further deals like that will have more transparent consequences in the future. b

Also, I think that all video game with these kinds of things on the cover should allow you to reverse the cover for an awardless, exclusiveless cover for those who care about such things.

KLAMarine said:
Thunderbird77 said:

This exclusivity will only hurt capcom and the fans in the long run.

I wonder if Sony is helping fund part of the game as a means to keep the game exclusive.

I believe that Sony is helping fund the game as Capcom stated that if they had to fund it themselves without help  from Sony, they would not even be able to make it.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Thunderbird77 said:

IMO this is doubtfull. SF3 sold well on the 360 as it was one of the trendiest consoles of its time and it had a massive fighting fanbase. This generation it seems that brawler fans moved mostly to the PS4. I think Capcom considers that the hype for SF is not that huge as it was with 3, so the console exclusive treatement helps it in the buzz department.

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

At least its not on the actual box art. I hate those.

Around the Network
Thunderbird77 said:

No, it won't. Street Fighter V will sell a lot more than Tomb Raider did. Capcom will be satisfied with their sales. 

arcaneguyver said:
Considering the first thing I and many others said upon hearing about the console exclusivity was "wait until the eventual Super version' based on previous experiences with the franchise...this might actually be a good idea.

Nope Capcom got a lot of flak for that last time and they made sure to announce they wont be doing that this time around. People can keep hoping Capcom will find some way for this to end up on their console but that's all they'll have is hope.

I wish other exclusives would clarify exclusivity to this point.

KLAMarine said:
Thunderbird77 said:

I wonder if Sony is helping fund part of the game as a means to keep the game exclusive.

Doesn't matter, it's disgusting to see a flagship franchise like that. Less people will play it in both present and future.

danielrdp said:
Thunderbird77 said:

No, it won't. Street Fighter V will sell a lot more than Tomb Raider did. Capcom will be satisfied with their sales. 

Capcom might be satisfied short term but many people won't be able to play it, reducing the sales potential for future street fighters.