By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Street Fighter V: Sony and Capcom want to make sure you know the game is console exclusive

Aeolus451 said:
I wish other exclusives would clarify exclusivity to this point.

I think State of Decay did a similar thing, but that's the only example I can think of on the XBO.

It's pretty non-intrusive though so I don't really mind unless they start making different coloured cases or something like that.

Around the Network
Thunderbird77 said:
KLAMarine said:
Thunderbird77 said:

This exclusivity will only hurt capcom and the fans in the long run.

I wonder if Sony is helping fund part of the game as a means to keep the game exclusive.

Doesn't matter, it's disgusting to see a flagship franchise like that. Less people will play it in both present and future.

Well, it's better than nobody at all being able to play it, which is what it sounds like Capcom was hinting at if Sony didn't help fund it.

Leadified said:
Aeolus451 said:
I wish other exclusives would clarify exclusivity to this point.

I think State of Decay did a similar thing, but that's the only example I can think of on the XBO.

It's pretty non-intrusive though so I don't really mind unless they start making different coloured cases or something like that.

I like it. 

VGPolyglot said:
Thunderbird77 said:

Doesn't matter, it's disgusting to see a flagship franchise like that. Less people will play it in both present and future.

Well, it's better than nobody at all being able to play it, which is what it sounds like Capcom was hinting at if Sony didn't help fund it.

Let's be real. A big publisher not capable of developing one of their flagship franchises on their own? Not buying it.

Thunderbird77 said:
VGPolyglot said:

Let's be real. A big publisher not capable of developing one of their flagship franchises on their own? Not buying it.

You are aware of Capcom's financial troubles right? Theyre not a big publisher anymore.

Around the Network

I've actually seen so.e people on forums get annoyed by this, how?? It is a console exclusive, nothing wrong with letting people know hahahaha also that collectors edition looks awesome

Thunderbird77 said:

This exclusivity will only hurt capcom and the fans in the long run.

I'm waiting for a certain someone to show up and tell me how much he dislikes said exclusivity, I do hope he does show.

And yeah I agree it's very likely to hurt Capcom in the long run, especially in relations to how they pander less to Xbox and Nintendo gamers.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Capcom doesn't exactly have the brightest record when it comes to guaranteeing exclusives, so I won't be surprised if it turns out to be hot air. I'm not counting on it, but Capcom have made much more aggressive claims about exclusivity than this before backtracking, so again, I wouldn't be surprised.

Shiken said:

I believe that Sony is helping fund the game as Capcom stated that if they had to fund it themselves without help  from Sony, they would not even be able to make it.

Yeah, this is absolutely false. All they've ever alluded to is that the game would have taken longer to come out without the extra help. This isn't Bayonetta. Street Fighter is the biggest fighting game franchise in the world, and arguably Capcom's most iconic franchise. SFV wasn't even remotely at risk of not being made.

Thunderbird77 said:

Capcom might be satisfied short term but many people won't be able to play it, reducing the sales potential for future street fighters.

Lol, that is not at all how economics works, dude.