By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Would you be OK with Nintendo killing the Wii U so early?

Are you ok with killing the Wii U so early?

Yes 320 53.60%

No 277 46.40%

Total:597

I'm not a wii U owner, but the answer is no for me. Though it is obvious the next nintendo console is coming this year.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Around the Network
AZWification said:

Because the 5th year of most Nintendo systems has always sucked and I woudn't mind if the WiiU doesn't have it.

NES and SNES had glorious fifth years.

I LOVE ICELAND!

Yes I'm fine with it. And I paid the full $350 for my Wii U on day 1 (on top of $250 for my 3DS at launch). Nintendo doesn't "really" support their consoles for 5 full years anyway, the final 12 months for the GameCube, Wii, etc. were all crap too.

We're not going to get a Paper Mario, Animal Crossing, or Metroid on Wii U looks like but we did get Nintendo Land, Bayonetta 1/2, Mario Maker, Hyrule Warriors, and most importantly Splatoon as basically new IP. Fatal Frame too (finally) for the US.

It's a fair trade off. Beyond that Wii U basically will get all the other important Nintendo staples -- 2D Mario, 3D Mario, Zelda, Mario Kart, Donkey Kong Country, Super Smash Bros, Yoshi, Kirby, Pokemon (Pokken), and even the return of Pikmin and Star Fox for good measure. And it also should be noted that the Mario Kart and Smash Bros. installments on the Wii U are the most content filled installments in those series' by a long shot, they're basically like another 1/2 game of content. 

Yeah, I have already a 30+ games catalogue, so I'm happy with it. And it's a fact that it's selling very poor, so it makes sense to do that. Just bring Zelda, SMTxFE, Starfox and move on.

For me, I dont really care because i have a PS4 and many Wii U games i havent played yet. Would suck for Wii U only gamers and Wii U focused people who played every game on this system tough

Around the Network

Well I skipped out on Wii because it didn't appeal to me. And passed on the Wii U this generation (so far).. so yes, I'm more than ok with this.

With the NX launching soon, I think its time to catch up on some Nintendo games after all these years.

barneystinson69 said:

I'm not a wii U owner, but the answer is no for me. Though it is obvious the next nintendo console is coming this year.

Wii U gonnal be LEGEN - (wait ten years for it) - DARY!

If they make good on their promise to have a bit of support for Wii U even when NX is out, then im ok with it. I will stick with my Wii U/ 3DS/PS4 combo for the long term and see how NX pans out. I certainly wont be there at launch like I have for other Nintendo consoles. I still think NX is 2017 though.

They just have to release what they already promised, nothing more

To be honest the Wii U's lineup through 2016 compares favorably versus the GameCube's full 5 years (major releases):

GameCube -

Luigi’s Mansion
Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat
Metroid Prime 1/2
Mario Kart: Double Dash
Pikmin 1/2
Wave Race: Blue Storm
1080 Avalanche
Super Mario Sunshine
Zelda: Wind Waker
Zelda: TP
Super Smash Bros.
Geist
Star Fox Assualt
Star Fox Adventures
Battallion Wars
Super Mario Strikers
Kirby
Mario Party (various)
Mario Tennis
Animal Crossing
Eternal Darkness
NBA Courtside 2002
F-Zero GX
Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door
Pokemon Colosseum
Fire Emblem
Wario Ware

New Super Mario Bros. + New Super Luigi
Nintendo Land
LEGO City
Pikmin 3
Wonderful 101
Wii Party U
Mario Kart 9 + DLC
Super Smash Bros. U + DLC
Bayonetta 1 + 2
Pokken Tournament
Star Fox Zero
Legend of Zelda U
Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD
Hyrule Warriors
Super Mario 3D World
Mario Maker
Splatoon
Kirby & the Rainbow Curse
Yoshi’s Wooly World
Mario Party 10
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
Fatal Frame
Xenoblade X
Mario Tennis
Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival
SMT x Fire Emblem
Wii Party U
Wii Fit U
Game & Wario
Devil's Third

Keep in mind the Wii U could still get more major releases. Like if it gets another Pikmin or Paper Mario that narrows the difference significantly and Wii U also has the most significant new IP for either system -- Splatoon along with the deepest Mario Kart and Smash Bros. games.