By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Men of "Arab or North African Appearance" commit mass sexual assault/muggings in Germany on NYE

Jumpin said:
In posts like this you can figure out exactly who all the racists are.

Generalizations FTW!

Differenciating is only needed when it's suiting what people already think, generalizations about "racists". It's so funny to see these double standards ;)

Around the Network
Aura7541 said:
KLAMarine said:
Aura7541 said:

It's not a claim. You have objectively made a counterposition. If you can't remember what it was, then that's on you. I'm not obligated to do the legwork for you so do your part.

You made reference to a counterposition, not me. You even implied it was a counterposition which lacked empirical evidence in support:

Aura7541 said:

Meanwhile, there has been no empirical evidence that supports your counterposition

So? Is pointing out the counterposition YOU made reference to too much trouble?

You're not looking farther back enough... You really did forget, did you?

I might have. I'm only human and I can forget things. To add to the tragedy, the person who brought it up in the first place has refused to point it out to me. It would prove too mighty a task, I might as well ask that person to move mountains.

Aura7541 said:

Anyways, I have a counterargument to your counterargument :D

Ugh!

Aura7541 said:

Wouldn't protestant leaders be more religious than the average evalengelical since they are more inclined to actually study the Bible and practice their religion's customs? After all, they do want to set a good example to their followers and their followers wouldn't buy in if their leaders don't properly follow the religion. So by that logic, if Pew was to hold a study on all evalengical protestants, the percentage would likely be lower than 55%.

It's certainly possible but it's also possible that followers could be more religious than their leaders in other ways. A leader might hold mass twice a week but some among his followers might go three times a week to alternative churches and volunteer in soup kitchens as a result of their faith or teach sunday school.

tokilamockingbrd said:
o_O.Q said:

well maybe western countries should stop bombing their countries... perhaps if that stopped they'd stop fleeing to western countries to begin with
maybe this is karma for passively allowing governments to abuse other people constantly and now what goes around of course comes back around

you do realize the Syrians are fleeing other Muslims right? A group called ISIS right a bell?

and what is the origin of ISIS? how did ISIS get all of their weapons? how was ISIS able to gain so much power to begin with? these are pertinent questions you should be asking yourself and yet you don't seem to be doing so

o_O.Q said:
tokilamockingbrd said:

you do realize the Syrians are fleeing other Muslims right? A group called ISIS right a bell?

and what is the origin of ISIS? how did ISIS get all of their weapons? how was ISIS able to gain so much power to begin with? these are pertinent questions you should be asking yourself and yet you don't seem to be doing so

Hi there,

I can answer the question of how they (and other funded terrorist organizations) continue to recruit such manpower if you are interested. Basically it goes like this:

Many people living in Afghanistan (for example) are poor, and struggle to make enough money to provide for their family. ISIS comes along and offers them money to serve them - more than the Afghanistan Military does in fact. So they join.

Much of these same people are illiterate and have never read the Quran themselves. Thus, it is easy for ISIS to lie about what the Quran really preaches to shape these new recruits to their own belief system. 

Basically the answer to your other questions is Oil. Rich men fund the terrorist organizations, and the sale of Oil sustains them.

#1 Amb-ass-ador

Don't worry folks, nothing to see here. Just go back to pretending that stuff like this doesn't happen.

Oh, and if you are a female and happen to find yourself surrounded by dozens of men of Middle Eastern or African origin, then be sure to remember your anti-sexual assault training helpfully provided by the mayor of Cologne and "keep them at arms length"... because that's a sure fire way for women to protect themselves from would-be attackers.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Around the Network

But yea, this happens in Egypt, Afghanistan, India. It's mob mentality - the men do it because there is safety in numbers; safety from prosecution or retaliation.

#1 Amb-ass-ador

NightDragon83 said:
Don't worry folks, nothing to see here. Just go back to pretending that stuff like this doesn't happen.

Oh, and if you are a female and happen to find yourself surrounded by dozens of men of Middle Eastern or African origin, then be sure to remember your anti-sexual assault training helpfully provided by the mayor of Cologne and "keep them at arms length"... because that's a sure fire way for women to protect themselves from would-be attackers.

The thing is the women (and men) have already done what the mayor proposed such as reporting to the police and traveling in groups. Reker's "Code of Conduct" for women is nothing more than common sense with the exception of the "keep the foreigners at arm's length" part.

In more of a general respone, I'm not sure if anyone has shown this video yet, but what this man described of the transpired events sounded really scary and appalling.

But as you said, NightDragon83, nothing to see here. I mean, this picture from the Cologne website proves that everything is all festive and happy :D

Jumpin said:
In posts like this you can figure out exactly who all the racists are.

islam is a race?

When you grow up in a society which values dogs above women, this should be expected from the men in that society.

deskpro2k3 said:
Aura7541 said:
deskpro2k3 said:
Aura7541 said:

I'm sorry, but you have not stayed on topic. Nowhere in my argument did I mention Christianity. I made criticisms against Islam for promoting mistreatment and rape on women. Is there anything in my argument that you disagreed with? Was my interpretation of the passages incorrect?

Let me remind you, the thread topic is not about criticizing Islam. It's about 80 women reported sexual assaults and muggings by men on New Year's Eve.

So, if you want to talk about staying on topic, then don't dish out what you can't handle in return.

This is another fallacious argument because the merits of my argument are not dependent on whether my criticisms are 100% on topic with the thread. The sexual assaults were the result from the Muslim men, so criticizing Islam is fair game.

I am willing to wait for you to actually respond to my criticisms of the religion. I am also willing to guide you along the way to encourage proper discussion.

You seem upset because the passage from the bible seem to treat women similar. As far as I'm concern I've already answered you, and I'm not going to elabarate it any simpliar. It's up to you if you want to accept it.

Let me hit with you some knowledge though. If you want to have a constuctive debate then it's imperative you know about both sides.

Anyways I'm done, I'm not even religous but I just wanted to shine some light and similarities on both sides.

All the Abrhamic religions (Judaism, Christianity, Islam) have tons of bat shit crazy in them. Westerners just don't want to admit their shit stinks too ... but yes thankfully in the West religion is more like a dog that had its balls removed but that took hundreds of years of cultural reform, the rise of liberal ideals, and economic progression to get there. It didn't happen overnight.