By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Men of "Arab or North African Appearance" commit mass sexual assault/muggings in Germany on NYE

Soundwave said:

There are tons of reports of women being harassed and even some raped at Germany's Oktoberfest by German locals ... I wonder how many of the "outraged" people here were "outraged" by that

http://www.thelocal.de/20131002/52191

http://www.thelocal.de/20121004/45349

http://www.worldcrunch.com/culture-society/at-oktoberfest-sexual-assault-and-abuse-on-the-rise/oktoberfest-germany-violence-rape-beer/c3s9753/

Not even men are safe apparently, a British man was even raped and a 16 year old ripped the clothes off a woman:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/germany/11127814/British-man-raped-at-Germanys-Oktoberfest.html

Should we have a discussion about the problems with rape in Christian culture? I'm not religious, but the double standard is pretty glaring here. 

Was there a Vgchartz thread written about it?  If so, you should be able to check to see how many responses it has.  Not sure why you even need to ask the question when you can search it yourself.

Additionally, go ahead, have a discussion about rape in the Christian and Catholic culture (Start with the sex abuse scandal and the Vatican...I think I heard something about that, once.../facepalm).  Those however, are straw men, the fact that these men allegedly perpetrated sexual violence against these women, in no way says anyone 'condones' other acts of sexual violence by other individuals.  That's what we call a logical fallacy.  You are countering an argument that was never made, in what is most likely a lame attempt at getting a rise out of other religious individuals.  Go for it.  I welcome the discussion, no religion is untouchable, even though you know, "Arab and North African" are not religions.

The "Arab or North African" appearance, is the description given by the alleged victims, in this case.  Have some right-wing loons used it as a xenophobic bullet point?  Undoubtedly, but right and left wing loons come out of the wood work when anything bad happens.   We don't ignore those things, just because it also brings crazies out of the wood work, in fact, it's our ability to talk amongst ourselves about the facts as we know them, that separates us from the crazies.  And yes, sometimes the topics are uncomfortable, but ignoring them does nothing.

I've asked this on Twitter, but I'll ask here as well, exactly how should this have been phrased by the news, that would've been acceptable to everyone(Other than the alleged victims, since what they have to say is apparently crossing a line)?  There's a very real duty by the news, to notify persons potentially at risk in Germany (or wherever), of potential dangers they may face.  That's their job.   So, seriously, how can the news media convey this information to the public, without giving a description of the alleged perpetrators?  We're not talking about one person here...we're talking about large groups of people who allegedly were assaulting women (again, there's well over 100 reports by now throughout Germany). 

Around the Network

This can't be true, why would muslims do this? women in muslim countries have so many rights and freedom, they totally don't get stoned to death after being raped, right?

It's always funny seeing the mental gymnastics some have to do to defend this.

Now the occidental culture is to blame here, yup, we should learn from muslims in how to treat woman.

Fucking lol

http://www.allenbwest.com/2015/10/mainstream-media-wont-tell-you-why-sweden-is-now-rape-capital-of-the-west/

“Forty years after the Swedish parliament unanimously decided to change the formerly homogenous Sweden into a multicultural country, violent crime has increased by 300 percent and rapes by 1,472 percent.

The issue I have is that this has happened but many on the left are simply saying "we dont have facts" and simply do not want to believe it or this has nothing to do with refugees or cultures of different people.

However if a crazed man attacks a refugee centre, we must accept that our entire society has a problem with racism with refugees.

You guys cant have it both ways and the funny thing is that many on the far left in Europe are doing great favours to fueling the right and hard right in Europe.

My point is being hateful and racist is ignorant, but being blindly supportive of political causes is the same.

Cologne police are reporting the number of 'New Year violence cases is now up to 379'.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/sex-assaults-german-city-braces-far-rally-060752257.html

Merkel has now proposed "tougher" immigration laws:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-35271171

We all know that that's just words.

Around the Network

ITS OK! DON'T WORRY! BE HAPPY!

Guess the hungarians were right... sadly sunny boy (trudeau) doesn't understand that. Well lets just wait a few years to see how this turns out for my country (canada).

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Unfortunately this is going to lead to prejudice and xenophobic actions.

HomokHarcos said:
Unfortunately this is going to lead to prejudice and xenophobic actions.

Well maybe they should be more welcoming when they get handouts! Instead, they rape women, and then cry wolf! I remember going to sweden 15 years ago, and it was a very nice place. Now its full of islam extremists, demanding whatever they want! And the stupid government of their country is actually supporting them!

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

meanwhile, feminists in America are crying over a guy that might look at them for over a second.

I honestly wish people paid more attention to things such as this. I would spend more time for women's rights if current feminists stopped being such buffoons.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

hershel_layton said:
meanwhile, feminists in America are crying over a guy that might look at them for over a second.

I honestly wish people paid more attention to things such as this. I would spend more time for women's rights if current feminists stopped being such buffoons.

They don't care! Its all about "political correctness". Feminist's bitching about how life's now fair towards them!!! WAAH! I wish they all could see what women are seeing in the middle east, they'd scram back to where they came and never complain again!