By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How much have you spent on amiibo, Disney Infinity, LEGO Dimensions, Skylander characters?

Here is what I have so far.

Character figs:

Vehicles:

I have yet to build the vehicles from the level packs which would make an addition eight.  That's not counting the Cyberman and Dr. Emmit Brown Fun Pack that are coming through the mail.

Around the Network

Nothing not a fan of accessoires

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

LivingMetal said:

Character figs:

Vehicles:

I have yet to build the vehicles from the level packs which would make an addition eight.  That's not counting the Cyberman and Dr. Emmit Brown Fun Pack that are coming through the mail.

Looking sexy, bro. Do the vehicles detect if you don't assemble them? Or if you make them into other things?

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
pbroy said:
LivingMetal said:

Character figs:

Vehicles:

Looking sexy, bro. Do the vehicles detect if you don't assemble them? Or if you make them into other things?

You don't have to physically assemble the vehicles to work, but you have to "register" their round blue bases (tags) to correspond to a vehicle.  To expound, physical instructions for vehicles do NOT come in the box.  They are only accessable in game when you control the corresponding character in the game by placng it on the pad. Example: placing Wonder Woman on the pad will make Wonder Woman show up as a playable character.  And taking control of Wonder Woman for the first time will bring up the option of building her invisible jet.  You don't have to physically assemble the jet at that time.  But when you do by the end of the on-screen instructions, it will prompt you to save the data on to the tag.  If you don't, the tag will be read as a blank.  Upgrading your vehicle will cost you in-game "LEGO money," and it will change the apperance of the vehicle with instructions for you to match its on-screen apperance.  But you are not required to if you don't feel bothered.  The system is never going to really know that's built on the tags .  What really matters when playing the game is the data written on them.

pbroy said:
greenmedic88 said:

I'm not sure if it was Skylanders or Nintendo that came up with the toys to life idea first, but yeah; it is arguably the most clever way of packaging DLC/microtransactions, at least the way it works in Disney Infinity seeing as how that's the only series I've experienced. 

$15 for DLC generally won't happen more than once or twice on a game that I'm really enjoying, but when that same DLC is a nicely sculpted figurine with an NFC chip in it, it's easy to keep picking up ones that you like. 

The main difference between Disney Infinity and Skyladers, is that in Skylanders you can play the whole game with any Skylader and from past games too. In Infinity, you can only play the characters that the levels were made for, unless you play in Toybox. Due to this, I have been leaning towards Skylanders now as my main Toys to Life game. It's also the reason I want to keep buyinig more.

Aye if you seen it also some of the Disney Infinity characters don't have any stage with them and have a tag on the box of the toys which says "only useable in the toy box mode" I guess it must make it easier to work the characters into the stages they are designed for, but yeah when you buy a skylander figure as long as it's compatible with the game you can play pretty much every mode with it.... can't really think of any exceptions to that over all the games.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network
LivingMetal said:
pbroy said:
LivingMetal said:

Character figs:

Vehicles:

You don't have to physically assemble the vehicles to work, but you have to "register" their round blue bases (tags) to correspond to a vehicle.  To expound, physical instructions for vehicles do NOT come in the box.  They are only accessable in game when you control the corresponding character in the game by placng it on the pad. Example: placing Wonder Woman on the pad will make Wonder Woman show up as a playable character.  And taking control of Wonder Woman for the first time will bring up the option of building her invisible jet.  You don't have to physically assemble the jet at that time.  But when you do by the end of the on-screen instructions, it will prompt you to save the data on to the tag.  If you don't, the tag will be read as a blank.  Upgrading your vehicle will cost you in-game "LEGO money," and it will change the apperance of the vehicle with instructions for you to match its on-screen apperance.  But you are not required to if you don't feel bothered.  The system is never going to really know that's built on the tags .  What really matters when playing the game is the data written on them.

Ah so you could go through the instructions to build the batmobile say... but just build a huge lego phallus on the base and tell the game to save it as the Batmobile? Could make for a bit of good dark childish fun while Hoping into your "Batmobile" figure :D

I guess it would have been too difficult to add nfc chips to each piece of the lego which came with those sets and then for the portal to try to figure out the way they are assembled, Skylanders most complex figures are just 2 pieces with their own NFC chips, those work perfectly but like I said, limited in the ability to change them around so the game hasn't too much to figure out what is on the platform.

Awesome looking collection btw, the Unikitty figure looks awesome.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Yesterday I played Dimensions for the first time, not bad. While I initially didn't like the switching the tags place mechanic (it's overused when presented), it is interesting and was used better in the next levels. By now I've played all of these games and I like Infinity the least (feels empty without buying all those level packs), with Skylanders and Dimensions you can at least play through a whole game with the starter pack. And amiibo is just for collectors.

Last year I purchased two amiibo for myself, basicly for decorative issues, the Yoshi plush (40-price of the standalone game) and the 8bit Mario (10eur). Not much use for amiibo yet, I would have released it in another fashion. I blame Smash for the compatibility mayhem.

Years back, I also bought some Skylanders Swap Force/Trap Team for the family, think I spent 40eur on those. Game is not bad, but I did notice they didn't really play with them much so I stopped buying them more.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Just platinumed Trap Team on the ps4... deary me that end boss must have killed... 20+ figures before finally submitting.

20+ lvl 20 figures at that.

Great game tho, happy to have it as my 5th platinum trophy.

I have 4 amiibos, so 50 bucks more or less. But I definitely wanted those amiibos. And now I'm planning to buy Bayonetta and Cloud.

0€